Harv's 'Long Overdue' Feature?

Akinesis

personally? I hope its the ability to change the current colors of parts (which 1, is overdue. and 2, has/had a placeholder) also DECALS

+1: very much hoping for this

Customizing kerbals/integration of ksp with kerbalizer?

+1: very much hoping for this also

Self destruct? Range officer blowing up the rocket to prevent even worse damage?

+0: wow, I would never even launch, just continuously blow stuff up!

Personally, I still think it's a right-click option to 'build sandcastle'

Makes sense, as much as I like the services that Steam provides I see that not everyone uses that, and it will be more relevant now that GOG has announced that they will be selling KSP as well.

So now I speculate that the new feature will be a new UI element that lists all of the parts on a craft (available both in the VAB/SPH and in flight) to aid in selecting parts with weird meshes that are impossible to select once placed and when your craft is spinning wildly and you need to access the right click menu for a part.

This just became one of my most wanted features. I didn't even know I needed it lol.

Makes sense, as much as I like the services that Steam provides I see that not everyone uses that, and it will be more relevant now that GOG has announced that they will be selling KSP as well.

https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/591224069737095168/photo/1

Wow... that's awesome... and way overdue... as much as I harp on GOG they really are a great company.

- - - Updated - - -

So now I speculate that the new feature will be a new UI element that lists all of the parts on a craft (available both in the VAB/SPH and in flight) to aid in selecting parts with weird meshes that are impossible to select once placed and when your craft is spinning wildly and you need to access the right click menu for a part.
This just became one of my most wanted features. I didn't even know I needed it lol.

GUI's aren't my thing; but this is actually very easy to make. I wonder if there is an internal parts list already, (plenty of good reasons to keep track of what is associated with a vessel)... but running down the node chain isn't too difficult. Again, GUI's aren't my thing; but someone who is good with them could do this in an afternoon. Sorting, icons, all of that comes later and hence "not my thing", but it really isn't that hard.

My favorite long overdue feature is to let the player choose where to build his space center (a.k.a. barn with a mud strip). Want to start on top of a mountain or on an island? No problem! Or if you want an extra challenge: start a polar space center!

(self destruct)

+0: wow, I would never even launch, just continuously blow stuff up!

I've been entirely serious. I've had many a launch where I could see pretty early that this will go nowhere but wrong. Of course I hardly ever see it through to the end, I just revert. Having some other way to abort the mission without waiting for the debris to hit the ground seems sensible. Especially for the ironman kind of players: bad enough to write off the rocket, no need to sit and watch as it takes out the whole space center.

(self destruct)I've been entirely serious. I've had many a launch where I could see pretty early that this will go nowhere but wrong. Of course I hardly ever see it through to the end, I just revert. Having some other way to abort the mission without waiting for the debris to hit the ground seems sensible. Especially for the ironman kind of players: bad enough to write off the rocket, no need to sit and watch as it takes out the whole space center.

Makes sense, and there is precedent. You can destroy any ship in flight from the Tracking Station so all ships must have a self-destruct sequence. Kerbfleet's, for example, is "Zero-Zero-Zero-Destruct-Zero". I have it on good authority that certain... other space programs have been trying to get rid of some errant probes for several years now, but can't decrypt the boss's destruct code.

Of course if you're going to use this it makes sense to have a launch escape system on hotkey, and press that one first.

Imagine if the magic boulder came back. And imagine if it now had potatoroid properties.

Now imagine you can take it home and put it on display at the KSC.

This is what I want. :)

They did say they will ADD a easteregg. And say it was "A big one". Skeptic astropony is skeptic.

That would be great, especially for new players (and not so new players :D ). But can it be developped in 2 days ? (including display interface well integrated in the existing GUI)

Tentative maybe. I would imagine you could just do it by calculating phase angles (nothing fancy like a porkchop plot) and then displaying the transfer windows with some button in the tracking station.