Naming Geological Features on Kerbin

smartie987

We all know very well that Kerbin has no official names for any Geological features, so, I think that we can name things such as Mountains, Valleys, Bays, Mountain Ranges, Rivers, etc.

I will set up some guide lines to keep the naming better and more diverse.

you may:

Name any geological feature except the ones listed in the do not's

Name it after a Kerbal (not the original 3)

Help others with naming

you may NOT:

Name these features:

Highest Point on Kerbin (it is widely known as Mount Kraken)

Highest peak west of KSC (known as K2)

The KSC penensula

Name features after Jeb, Bill, or Bob

Name features after your self

Anything you think I may have missed let me know. Also, if you know of previously named stuff post it on this thread!

The Africa-ish landmark is the continent of Kolus. Kolus includes three continents, Mid, West, and East. mid is the Africa-ish continent. East is the upper part and the large peninsula, and west is the desert-ish area and above. The Continent of kolus is dominated by the United City-states of Konastra Kolus, while the desert is dominated by Kindenia. The above area is dominated by Kausland empire (a Ekranian empire) and UCKK territories. The largest continent is Ekraniasa, which is made of the continents of Ekraine and Niasa. Ekraine is the upper part, while Niasa is the lower, larger part. The crater is the Kraken sea. The large Island chain is Serachioa, and the peninsula-ish area of East Niasa is the subcontinent of Sealandia. Niasa is completely occupied by the Koviet Provinces.

Oooooh! Are we doing this thread again?

Someone needs to post the maps from the last few times, and then we can argue about the overuse of "things that start with 'K'".

I do not believe in the overuse of the letter K. I deny all overusing in my past posts.

i always thought as the mountains west of KSC as the Applelassian Mountains. The tallest one is K2, duh. The major rivers on Niasa are the Yangtke and the Vosktook rivers. The two seas are Lake Baikle and The Green Sea.

I think if the tallest mountiean in the the range near the ksc as mt kraken and the bay near the ksc as booster bay because that's where my boosters end up

I think that name Booster Bay has become really popular but god I hate it.

It makes no sense. What was the bay called before KSC was built? Thousands of years of people living next to a bay that's name doesn't make sense only for someone to go, hey, lets build a space center here and we can drop the boosters in booster bay, it'll be ironic.

I always called the water-filled crater... Crater Bay. Other than that I just recognize KSP's subcontinent as Kafrica. The other geography I don't really acknowledge because I spend more time in space than worrying about the ground hehe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.