[WIP] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.0 - Head Over to Add-On Release

cxg2827

New version uploaded to SpaceDock.

Would like to get opinions on crew capacity for this one. should I leave it as 1, or squeeze an extra kerbal into it? I'm starting to work on a Microgravity Science Glovebox prop that will be going in both labs, so I'm not sure if the inside of the MiniLab will get too crowded or if it will be fine.

Clickable internal cameras in the top left corner, and back right above the little nook. As always, if there is something specific you would like to see made into a prop for these IVAs, post it up and I might add them. In addition to the gloveblox, I'm going to be adding a laptop and maybe some mystery goo experiment to go in one of the rack sections.

Change Log:

v0.14
-Added [WIP] MiniLab IVA.
-Minus Eighty Degree Laboratory Freezer Prop.
-Changed out magazine in GymHab Head to one that is more appropriate.

On 2/18/2016 at 5:06 PM, cxg2827 said:

One prop done. Going to make one more prop and then release the MiniLab IVA. Then I'll crank out a few more props for the Science Labs specifically.

lN9FjPm.png?1

Nice! Could one of the canisters in the wall be opened?

I have a problem with the docking ports, when I go to dock they don't the craft just kind of wobbles around on the magnets. I am using Passive node on the craft and Active on the station I'm docking with, thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2016 at 4:18 PM, the_pazter said:

Cupola?

After the Trusses

13 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

Any news on ISS trusses? Still post-1.1 future?

I'm working on finishing up the remaining IVAs still (lots of RL delays at home and work so things have been dead slow the past month) and then the last new part will be the Active APAS before I close this out for v1.0.

After that, the focus on the next set of parts will be Trusses and possibly solar panels and radiators.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

Quick update:
Things have been on hold due to all the things going on IRL. Not really enough time to squeeze in KSP modding at the moment without it feeling like a chore, so I'm just taking a break currently so i don't get burned out from it. Might be another month before I get the ball rolling with finishing up the IVAs and the APAS port.

So I'll be starting work on preparing this pack for 1.1, which will include the revised naming of all the parts (manual save file editing will be needed to maintain existing vessels with these parts). Since I want to keep craft-breaking releases at a minimum, I want to get opinions on a possible change to the Node1 module.

The model has these 2 protrusions based on the pictures I found. I always thought it was just an extension of the module. however I now believe they are just a shroud of sorts that has the CBMs recessed within them. My question to everyone is how should I deal with it?

1. Leave it as is.
2. Remove them, and just have those 2 end flat surfaces. attachment nodes will change and break crafts.
3. Make it like a shroud so the CBM sits recessed inside of it, but there wouldn't be a collider for it, so nothing can be surface attached to it.

oyzScHt.jpg

Alrighty, I think I'll remove those extensions then. I will need to tweak the IVA a bit but nothing drastic. @VenomousRequiem I'll probably include the Option 3 in the download as well if people would prefer the shroud, and you would just drag it into GameData to overwrite Option 2. Both will be interchangeable and not cause any craft breaking switching between them.

Also, last night i tried out an idea to get those SVS target stickers on the modules without having to increase the texture maps. Though it does increase poly count, I don't think it will hurt performance. No Z-fighting noticed when zooming out in flight either.

2mSdssI.png

Edited by cxg2827
typo

I'm getting close to finishing up the changes for the 1.1 Pre-Release. Looking to have something up on SpaceDock over the weekend.

Persistent save file editing worked as planned and should be able to help out anyone wanting to break fewer crafts with the my pack's name format change. If you have any craft files with these parts, this should work the same for those.

With regards to the performance increase in 1.1 (running on an i5 4690K), my 147 part station in 1.0.5 was in the delta timer and basically took 2 seconds real-time for every second game time. With 1.1, no lag at all. Very promising for high part-count stations.

Just now, cxg2827 said:

I'm getting close to finishing up the changes for the 1.1 Pre-Release. Looking to have something up on SpaceDock over the weekend.

Persistent save file editing worked as planned and should be able to help out anyone wanting to break fewer crafts with the my pack's name format change. If you have any craft files with these parts, this should work the same for those.

With regards to the performance increase in 1.1 (running on an i5 4690K), my 147 part station in 1.0.5 was in the delta timer and basically took 2 seconds real-time for every second game time. With 1.1, no lag at all. Very promising for high part-count stations.

That's Unity 5 for ya! Isn't it great?? Now we can focus on beautiful visual mods because we don't have to worry as much about physics killing everything! 

Yea it's amazing.

with this performance increase, I'm very tempted to just do a temporary IVA for the Kibo module just so I can start ripping through the trusses Radiators and solar panels.

New Update on SpaceDock. Pack is compatible with 1.1 Pre-Release.

Change Log:

v0.15
-SHIP BREAKING: Node1 Modified to no longer have extension caps. IVA modified to accommodate reduced vessel length, but will receive a proper update in a later release.
-SHIP BREAKING, PERSISTENCE EDITING CAN PREVENT THIS: Part naming convention updated to prevent possible conflicts due to generic naming. Manual editing of the save file will be required if you want to maintain the vessels. Refer to Readme document packaged with download for editing instructions.
-Normalized texture colors for Node1, Sleeping Modules, Airlock, and GymHab. All now will have the same coloring.
-Delete CxAerospace folder prior to dropping in this version.