1.0 Makes KSP Unplayable (resolved)

You guys are all crying that unrealistic inventions are a thing of the past in KSP.

Then what is this?

JKfk0CO.png

CFjAK4l.png

67ewrqd.png

KSP 1.0 is perfectly fine with me. KSP physics agree with my designs more now that 1.0 is more realistic, at least in terms of aerodynamics...

I can finally fit that countermeasure cartridge...

USkjzl0.png

Edited by andrew123

Ever heard of the Sprint ABM missile? It exceeded mach 10 about 5 seconds into flight. :D

http://i.imgur.com/qjETgSq.jpg

Except I was talking about a plane on the runway (following on from your plane example).

- - - Updated - - -

allmhuran: well yes, if you put fifty million kilonewtons on an F-16. Have you looked at your craft mass and your static thrust, and compared to real life? Real life jets have 1/2 to 1/4 the TWR KSP jets do.

So... not like real life, then? "Unrealistic", you might say?

Getting into orbit just fine here, not even changing rocket designs. I don't use fins (almost no real rockets do) and don't tip over. The problem is people still on .90 or earlier thinking and go straight up to 10km then 45 over. That is a horrible profile lol

And stop calling it a gravity turn if you're referring to inputting commands lol A gravity turn is what it sounds like; gravity turns you.

Getting into orbit just fine here, not even changing rocket designs. I don't use fins (almost no real rockets do) and don't tip over. The problem is people still on .90 or earlier thinking and go straight up to 10km then 45 over. That is a horrible profile lol

And stop calling it a gravity turn if you're referring to inputting commands lol A gravity turn is what it sounds like; gravity turns you.

Ok, ok. emulating a gravity turn. That better? ;)

How do you execute a true turn for a given orbital altitude? I never really give the rocket its head. Usually I'm either resisting the turn so I can delay or I'm nudging the attitude further down to accelerate the horizontal speed changes. I don't think that's too far out of the definition of a guided gravity turn, no?

What I don't like is that this was supposed to be the 'release' - not a random update full of bugs. Why is it 1.0 when the landing gear doesn't even roll? When half the wings can't survive upper atmosphere flight required to build an SSTO? When rotor bearings don't work anymore? When projectiles no longer work due to heat effects?

just saying, going beta to full release shouldn't mean I looks like a whole new game...

Ok, ok. emulating a gravity turn. That better? ;)

How do you execute a true turn for a given orbital altitude? I never really give the rocket its head. Usually I'm either resisting the turn so I can delay or I'm nudging the attitude further down to accelerate the horizontal speed changes. I don't think that's too far out of the definition of a guided gravity turn, no?

Emulated works better lol sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. I have the same (more or less) profile for every take-off, regardless of final orbital altitude I'm going for. All that changes is when I'm horizontal, I just stop at 70km, 100km, 150km, etc. There's a reason real rockets use gravity to turn them, any time you're facing away from prograde (when trying to accelerate) you're wasting fuel. I try to get as close to this as possible in KSP, but it's much harder in stock than in, say, RSS, as Kerbin is far smaller and the atmosphere is lower compared to Earth. But I've never liked the 'straight up to 10km then 45 degrees' method, so take my opinion on 'emulated gravity turns' with a grain of salt :rolleyes:

What I don't like is that this was supposed to be the 'release' - not a random update full of bugs. Why is it 1.0 when the landing gear doesn't even roll? When half the wings can't survive upper atmosphere flight required to build an SSTO? When rotor bearings don't work anymore? When projectiles no longer work due to heat effects?

just saying, going beta to full release shouldn't mean I looks like a whole new game...

To be fair, rotor bearings and projectiles were not intended features of KSP. It's unlikely that one of the testers in experimentals used it to build tanks and fighter planes a la Naval Battle Club. SSTO is now actually harder than building a regular rocket. Now you need really small aerodynamic wings and a more rocket focused ascent profile to SSTO, just like in real life. The landing gear bug I haven't seen.

For me, the real problem was the across-the-board rocket ISP nerf. That plus the tech tree update, with more nodes, makes Mun missions early in career a whole lot harder. Many new players will find a progression wall just before the Mun, without enough science to unlock the parts needed to make it easy and unable to get any more science since Kerbin is a bit lacking. The worst thing for me is that it felt like a technology downgrade. My rockets that used to be able to do things can't do those things anymore.

This is not to say that I'm completely impressed with the update. They really dropped the ball on fairings and heat shields with all of the mass issues they have, and that was supposed to be the central feature of 1.0.

I find it strange that people can't get to orbit anymore; I did it on my first try. Planes also perform much better than in the souposphere. I'm loving 1.0!

The only things that irritate me are that getting precisely equatorial or polar orbits are challenging(due to craft wobble) and resource scanning requires a 100% polar orbit.

I find it strange that people can't get to orbit anymore; I did it on my first try. Planes also perform much better than in the souposphere. I'm loving 1.0!

The only things that irritate me are that getting precisely equatorial or polar orbits are challenging(due to craft wobble) and resource scanning requires a 100% polar orbit.

actually rockets are easier now in this update, the one good part of it :D I just hate the fact that rotors and SSTOs appear to be meganerfed.

Im sorry but i agree with OP - The game's ruined. It's not the KSP it used to be, where anything seemed possible - now it's by-the-book, boring and frustrating. That and the lower FPS and same crash rate (about once an hour) means that this is a huge step back rather than forward. I've got 3000+ hours in the game, and I still don't understand it - I can't imagine anyone new or inexperienced with this game would enjoy it.

IMHO, it's rubbish, go back to .90.

There is absolutely no way I could possibly disagree with you more.

The wind slow effect your vessel at 12km and stop at 14-15km.

You guys need fly over 36km then can turn to 45o or whatever to make orbit around kerbin.

With me is 36km but you can turn it at 25km ( still have effect and sometime your head will turn down )

If you guy use mechjeb then edit it.

Start turn at 36km and 45% to 100% at your choise.

That is all my experience when Smash at lot of vessel in carrer mode to find out.

The wind slow effect your vessel at 12km and stop at 14-15km.

You guys need fly over 36km then can turn to 45o or whatever to make orbit around kerbin.

With me is 36km but you can turn it at 25km ( still have effect and sometime your head will turn down )

If you guy use mechjeb then edit it.

Start turn at 36km and 45% to 100% at your choise.

That is all my experience when Smash at lot of vessel in carrer mode to find out.

Hope you guy enjoy it. :D

I find myself stopping gameplay after about an hour.... Can't get enough science, can't get anything into orbit. All my usual mods have a bunch of bugs (if they work at all). I think Im gonna check out elite dangerous

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.