[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Update to RPM v0.28.0 beta - now on beta 3.  I've rolled in a couple of fixes (resource tracking, tourists playing with hatches).  Git it on GitHub.

1 hour ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

Is the "stop pressing buttons [Insert tourists name here]" message a stock thing or a raster prop thing?

That's RPM.  It's to let you know why the button is not working.

2 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Update to RPM v0.28.0 beta - now on beta 3.  I've rolled in a couple of fixes (resource tracking, tourists playing with hatches).  Git it on GitHub.

That's RPM.  It's to let you know why the button is not working.

Aww but I like them being able to escape I was disappointed with the vanilla feature. Always figured tourists should have some spacewalk/munwalk type missions or a resort mission where they want to visit a facility on a planet or in orbit with x amount of spaces for kerbals and at least y/x amount of kerbals there to hang out with. You know like the club resort experience or something.

Yeah I downloaded and installed that yesterday. It's that version that did the recovery from space thing. Like I said I haven't tested tourist escapes in this version.

Looking at those pics i'm shocked..

Are those pics from the current 1.2 build of ksp with working rpm, whats the IVA mod?

(sorry if i missed that somewhere)  
I'd just like to know so if it does work i can trial and error why mine isn't..

I've deleted the entire ksp folder and reinstalled with just RPM.. and kerbtrack.  
Kerbtrack works, and i can see the camera RPM adds to the part list..

..But i see stock  mk1 / inline / mk2 cockpits.
Could anyone point me in the right direction as to how i can fix this? 

Ive tried this with both beta 2 and beta 3 versions of 0.28 rpm

thanks.

24 minutes ago, Stilton said:

I've deleted the entire ksp folder and reinstalled with just RPM.. and kerbtrack.  
Kerbtrack works, and i can see the camera RPM adds to the part list..

..But i see stock  mk1 / inline / mk2 cockpits.
Could anyone point me in the right direction as to how i can fix this? 

Ive tried this with both beta 2 and beta 3 versions of 0.28 rpm

thanks.

Do you have ModuleManager installed?  The symptoms you described match what I see when I uninstall ModuleManager.

4 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

Do you have ModuleManager installed?  The symptoms you described match what I see when I uninstall ModuleManager.

It seemed to be working fine without it..

..But ive replaced it and IT WORKS.   [ thank you ]

As such, i may spare you when i destroy this world.  

Edited by Stilton

Just thought I'd share this post I made in another thread using this mod. I've challenged myself to do a round trip mission to the North Pole for a contract and to build ground relays then back south to my second contract and another ground relay and then back east to the KSC, ALL in IVA with no HUD accept for walkabouts and confirming science collects because I can't do that last bit without the hud. It's a roughly equidistant triangle of landings to give you an Idea of how big a task this is. I've only completed the first leg of the mission but all is going well, Though I think I'm going to end up landing short of the KSC at this rate. Thanks again for the mod it's so much fun using the in flight instruments and screens to judge landings and flight paths and whatnot.

@MOARdV Love your builds; thank you!  But hate your zip naming.  After I placed the newest version on my HDD beside the old one, I almost got tricked into thinking build 29319 was later than 13911 (which one would think just looking at the filenames).  Maybe you could consider including a marker like "beta4" in any future beta releases? :-)

Edited by Fwiffo

4 minutes ago, Sir_Robert said:

Is there a way to set the monitors to default on on specific functions? I love the mod, but I find I rarely use it because I need to re set the screens on each new ships. So only permanent ships like tugs end up with fully customized screens.

No, there is no way to set defaults.  A feature like that creates many questions: How do you set the default?  I can't ship a "default setting", since each person has a different style of play. How is the default applied (per ship? per IVA?)? How do you change it once it's set?  And those are the issues I can think of off the top of my head.  For me, at least, setting up the cockpit (turning on lights, setting screens) is part of the immersive experience - I've got a mental pre-flight checklist I go through making sure everything is configured for launch.  Although I use much more complex IVAs than the basic RPM examples, so it leads to a different style of play.

12 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

No, there is no way to set defaults.  A feature like that creates many questions: How do you set the default?  I can't ship a "default setting", since each person has a different style of play. How is the default applied (per ship? per IVA?)? How do you change it once it's set?  And those are the issues I can think of off the top of my head.  For me, at least, setting up the cockpit (turning on lights, setting screens) is part of the immersive experience - I've got a mental pre-flight checklist I go through making sure everything is configured for launch.  Although I use much more complex IVAs than the basic RPM examples, so it leads to a different style of play.

Yea, I mostly play in ship view, and love RPM for the looks. Some defaults would be nice for that. But it would indeed make it more complex for the target audience.

53 minutes ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

Just wondering what the little green arrows are on the map.

Do you have SCANsat installed?  It's not something RPM draws - I'd venture a guess it's part of SCANsat.  I haven't actually had a chance to play long enough to spend much time looking at the SCANsat MFD.

24 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Do you have SCANsat installed?  It's not something RPM draws - I'd venture a guess it's part of SCANsat.  I haven't actually had a chance to play long enough to spend much time looking at the SCANsat MFD.

I do thanks. I'll go check the scansat docs. If there is any. Heheh

14 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

DMagic has put a ton of effort into all his mods - this includes KSPedia entries for them as well. Go get edumacated

You know its arrogant, derogatory attitudes like that that gets people punched in the mouth in real life, you'd do well to remember that.
Don't expect people to just know this kind of stuff right off the bat. Is it not clear that that is EXACTLY what I am trying to do?
Don't ever talk to me again.

Edited by ThatHomelessGuy

8 minutes ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

You know its arrogant, derogatory attitudes like that that gets people punched in the mouth in real life, you'd do well to remember that.

LOL. Yea, I suppose that's how it comes off doesn't it? Ah well. That's communicating on the internet for you. I just got home from hanging out with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in a few months/years and I suppose some of that jovialness that your friends get but strangers on the internet don't came out in that post. So anyways, no offense intended just a mis-guided attempt to help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Drew Kerman

11 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

LOL. Yea, I suppose that's how it comes off doesn't it? Ah well. That's communicating on the internet for you. I just got home from hanging out with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in a few months/years and I suppose some of that jovialness that your friends get but strangers on the internet don't came out in that post. So anyways, no offense intended ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry for taking offense thanks for explaining and clearing it up, please forgive me. I'm tired and Grumpy as my signature says I am sometimes heheh. Felt a bit like I was being spoken down to a bit there as so often happens online. It seem to be an apoapse marker by the way. A slightly buggy one at that.

You may talk to me in the future if you so wish. :kiss:

I'm going to bed now I am 4 hours 30 minutes into my IVA no HUD round trip challenge and there's about two hours of flight time left before projected touchdown at the KSC. It's a night flight too so it's a tad boring between takeoff and landings, like I spotted minimus boring hahah.

Edited by ThatHomelessGuy

Hello! Forgive me for my English. I am from Russia and love to play KSP. Faced with the problem, version 1.1.3 Raster Prop Monitor is not showing the ball navigation, in other versions of the game displayed two kinds of ball navigation and aviation horizon for aircraft. and in my case only for planes. Can anyone suggest a solution?

You may want to add this config to RPM stock patches:

@PROP[RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD]:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor,!MechJeb2]
{
	@MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
	{
		!PAGE[smartass]{}
	}
}

It removes the SmartAss page, so the button goes straight to the stock autopilot, if MJ is not installed

On 11/3/2016 at 6:14 AM, Fwiffo said:

After I placed the newest version on my HDD beside the old one, I almost got tricked into thinking build 29319 was later than 13911 (which one would think just looking at the filenames).  Maybe you could consider including a marker like "beta4" in any future beta releases?

Yes, I will specifically include the beta number in the zip file.  The 5 digit number is an artifact of automatic build numbering in Visual Studio, and it provides me a way to differentiate which DLL is actually being run (there are at least 3 v0.28.0 DLLs in the wild, plus non-public releases).  However, since it's an arbitrary number, and not an uniformly increasing value, it's confusing for everyone but me.

To be clear: v0.28.0 beta 3, the current version, is DLL (and .zip) version 0.28.0.13911.