[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Didn't get a chance to check out RPM 0.19.3-beta1. I've updated to RPM 0.19.3-beta2 and here's some screenshots with waypoints. I also have Waypoint Manager so they are visible in normal Flight 3rd-person view. The screenshots were taken as quickly as possible one right after another.

Okay. That feature definitely is not ready to go. I am going to have to get a career game going and advanced enough to get a waypoint contract on it. That'll be a while, unfortunately.

I have one request.

remapping of the variables.

Sometimes there are a need to slightly change some variables to use them on the dynamical screens or in the graph building. “1 metre = 1 pixel†is quite often too small or otherwise too big. I ask you to think about the remapping mechanism from that range of the existing to the range of the custom one (created by user).

For instance:

RPM_VARIABLE_REMAPPING

{

sourcevariable = ALTITUDE

range = 0,125000

outputvariable = CUSTOM_ALTITUDEREMAP

range =0,200

}

Or something like this, I hope you understood what i meant =)

I have one request.

remapping of the variables.

Sometimes there are a need to slightly change some variables to use them on the dynamical screens or in the graph building. “1 metre = 1 pixel†is quite often too small or otherwise too big. I ask you to think about the remapping mechanism from that range of the existing to the range of the custom one (created by user).

For instance:

RPM_VARIABLE_REMAPPING

{

sourcevariable = ALTITUDE

range = 0,125000

outputvariable = CUSTOM_ALTITUDEREMAP

range =0,200

}

Or something like this, I hope you understood what i meant =)

I think so - for your example, if ALTITUDE = 0, CUSTOM_ALTITUDEREMAP = 0; ALTITUDE=62500, CUSTOM_* = 100, right?

That's intentional. Like Ralathon said, that's what you click on to send Kerbals EVA. I haven't seen any extra doors anywhere, but I wasn't looking for them last time I loaded the Mk1-2 pod.

Speaking of which... Apparently you can EVA from IVA with those before having unlocked the EVA ability in career mode . That is probably not intentional :P

(Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/35rad5/so_you_can_eva_in_iva_by_double_clicking_the/ )

Speaking of which... Apparently you can EVA from IVA with those before having unlocked the EVA ability in career mode . That is probably not intentional :P

Known issue:

Sorry, I did see your post earlier, but it didn't entirely sink in since I was scrambling around chasing bugs in 2 1/2 other mods. It will get fixed in the next update.

Hello.

I try this mod, but I haven't notice how to set external cameras? I don't know how to set a "named transform"? I haven't any external camera screen working ^^

Thanks!

I try this mod, but I haven't notice how to set external cameras? I don't know how to set a "named transform"? I haven't any external camera screen working

That's up to add-on authors to add Unity GameObject(s) representing the location and orientation of said cameras to their command pods. It's not something most users can do themselves.

If you want a place-anywhere standalone camera part that works with RPM, I believe the ASET ALCOR pod includes such a part.

Oh, thanks! So, cannot have any camera view for the "stock" pods?

I wish I could control for example MK1 from the IVA. I bet the external cam of ALCOR pod don't work with other pods?

Oh, thanks! So, cannot have any camera view for the "stock" pods?

I wish I could control for example MK1 from the IVA. I bet the external cam of ALCOR pod don't work with other pods?

If you have both RPM and ALCOR, you should have some external camera parts in Utilities which you can apply to any pod (or any part). There is a button for external cameras on the screens. Won't that accomplish what you want?

I will try that back at home, thanks ^^

There is also an "External Camera" included in the RPM package - it looks like the single-port RCS part (since that's what it is) that has been stretched. It's not as nice looking as the ALCOR external camera, but it works. Most / all of the HullCam VDS cameras work, as does the probe camera mast from FASA.

There is also an "External Camera" included in the RPM package - it looks like the single-port RCS part (since that's what it is) that has been stretched. It's not as nice looking as the ALCOR external camera, but it works. Most / all of the HullCam VDS cameras work, as does the probe camera mast from FASA.

Got it, thanks!

Really, this is a nice mod, we even have all the "map" infos, the manoeuvers nodes we make in the Map screen, we can pilot from inside! ^^

Just, unfortunately, the JSP camera is in the 300-science tech, not affordable ;.;

Can we have these in more "basic" tech tree level? (or unlock these by another way?) I would like to use these on my carreer save ^^

Yes! :)

Okay. That's easy, then. I should have that available in the next beta (sometime in the next couple of days).

Just, unfortunately, the JSP camera is in the 300-science tech, not affordable ;.;

Can we have these in more "basic" tech tree level? (or unlock these by another way?) I would like to use these on my carreer save ^^

I don't play career, so I don't know what tech they should belong in. I'm happy to move the JSI camera earlier in the tech tree, but I'd rather have someone who plays career make the suggestion for where it belongs.

I don't play career, so I don't know what tech they should belong in. I'm happy to move the JSI camera earlier in the tech tree, but I'd rather have someone who plays career make the suggestion for where it belongs.

I propose spaceExploration, landing, or electrics (all 90 science, so Tier 1 R&D), or if we want it in Tier 2 (160 science): advElectrics or advExploration. I'd personally go for advanced electrics, because it shouldn't be too early..

I propose spaceExploration, landing, or electrics (all 90 science, so Tier 1 R&D), or if we want it in Tier 2 (160 science): advElectrics or advExploration. I'd personally go for advanced electrics, because it shouldn't be too early..

It's a bit strange to have to pilot blind (instruments only) before unlocking cameras? I vote for electrics! :)

Any chance someone can post an ATM config that stops the displays getting eaten by compression? I've tried using the config I had for 0.90 but I'm still getting grey screens and a broken IVA navball.

Hello !

A quick feedback from my first 1.02 Münar mission :

1.02 / MechJeb / RPM / ScanSat

During IVA, orbiting Mün, unable to target Kerbin via target managment menu.

Still, I was able to target Minmus.

My screens just have the Junk Systems interface. Did I do things wrong?

Did you try pushing the buttons along the top and bottom? The monitors default to the JSI interface, but you should be able to change what they show with those buttons.

Hello !

Odd as it may sound, I think this is a KSP bug. I can't target Kerbin from Munar orbit in Map View, either.

Hello !

That's how the game works. Try it in a stock game and you'll see that you can never target the parent when orbiting a satellite body.

That's why the Eject Angle information is so useful. Select a target orbiting Kerbin and burn as Eject Angle approaches zero. (May only be in ALCOR, not sure

Edited by nukeboyt
Additional comments

Re:Camera technology: would it be possible to add a monochrome camera earlier in the tree? :)

Bonus screenshot of me doing some sideways docking with two large vessels :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439431397

The right camera is mounted on an Infernal Robotics boom arm. I used it to figure out if the relative orientation of the ships were correct and other things.