[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

What are you doing now.

Enjoying the rest of my vacantion in England, in a few hours! No work to K+ will be done for at least one month, when i'll have a lot more time to properly test things.

SPOILER: Today I learned how to make a procedural planet with PQS mods, so I remade Fonso proceduraly! Now it has large ridges that kind of look like Slate's mountains!

SPOILER: Finished the Crystal model for Faz's new ground scatter!

Cheers and I hope to see ya'll soon, (Ashley is in his special trust chair since he made most of the textures and configs) after I return from England!

:D:cool::):wink::kiss:

Hey I just tried landing on Vix in the new version. Still broken. Please make the existing content at least playable before continuing to add new features...otherwise what's the point of new bodies if you can't land on them?

Whhaaaat?:mad: During testing nothing strange happened! Also, the configs are basicaly reverted to 2.0 configs! People played with 2.0 and it had no problem so why should it have now?! I am anyway thinking about entirely remaking the planets withPQS mods, if possible. Procedural Fonso looks alright, even trough my ....ty laptop crashed when PQS was loading during testing. Cheers, stop pesting, have pacience and wait till I find the problem!

What are you going to do now?

:rolleyes: No words.

But yeah, even testing this in vanilla (32-bit, I normally use 64-bit, but I don't report 64-bit issues without testing in 32-bit), except for Kerbal Construction Time, the vessel situation remains "flying low" at least in testing on Pergas once you've reached 0m on the radar altimeter, in KER or IVA readouts.

Edit: Also a similar issue related to landing, parachutes seem to be going off of sea level instead of terrain, so landing at 5000m+ on Pergas means your parachutes do not open til you hit the ground. As far as I was aware, parachutes open at terrain level, not sea level.

Amarius, ignore this individual.

As a note, I did try landing and still had the same issue of not being able to leave because "vessel was under acceleration". That said, I only tested Vix and Harvest, so I don't know how wide spread it is.

Very, very strange... I just tried multiple configs based on planet packs but they just mess up terrain... What Do I Do?

BTW configs are almost the same for all bodies so the problem should persist everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

so 2.3.9

No 2.3.9. 2.4! Tired to brocken hotfixes! This time you'all have a huge update, with hotfixes, tweaks, awesome stuff, revamped planets, and more! BTW pester 56464, stop asking for futures because I've already listed them one or two pages back.

Not being a coder or programmer, I have no idea from the technical side. My advice would be to reach out to those that created OPM or New Horizons. Have them take a look at your configs and see if they can see the reason.

Well, the creator of NH was my collaborator no longer wants to help me but I might ask CaptRobau...

Well, the creator of NH was my collaborator no longer wants to help me but I might ask CaptRobau...

There is also MrChumley, who created Asclepius. It's a rather "unique" planet, but it works and also has a working moon. He may be of some help as well…

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/126515-1-0-4-Asclepius-A-Kopernicus-planet-SSTO-playground

I'm using Kerbol Plus, so when I find the occasion I'll look at testing and if possible fixing some of the planets. I can't guarantee any schedules though because I'll just be doing it in the course of my playthrough.

There is also MrChumley, who created Asclepius. It's a rather "unique" planet, but it works and also has a working moon. He may be of some help as well…

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/126515-1-0-4-Asclepius-A-Kopernicus-planet-SSTO-playground

Yeah, maybe... But our planets are a whole lot different.

Amarius, do what multiple people have repeatedly advised you to do: Start with one planet, only one, and make sure that it works. If it does not, take a working template that is as uncomplicated as possible and modify it piece by piece to find out where exactly your additions cause problems. Then, after you have made absolutely sure that absolutely everything works as desired, you move on to the next planet and repeat this process until everything works.

I can see why one might be reluctant to do this - it costs a lot of time and is not fun at all, but it will fix your problems and, perhaps more importantly, teach you something about their causes. It is no one else's responsibility to help you fix problems that you caused and that are very much in your own power to fix.

Yeah, maybe... But our planets are a whole lot different.

My assumption (perhaps wrong) is that not being able to land on your planets and leave the ship for the space centre because "under acceleration" is a simple, but perhaps not obvious, fix. I'm assuming that all "landable" bodies (not gas planets) have some common features?

If you don't mind, I'll do some research and poking around!

Edited by Project Pluto

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.