Can't find the Kerbals in orbit i need to rescue.

Hi all, i have seen lots of questions about the rescue missions but not this one so here it is.

I have taken two missions to rescue Kerbals supposedly in low Kerbin orbit and i have no troble getting up there with enough space to collect them.

My problem is that they are not showing up anywhere, I have the tracking station upgraded to level 2 (and the astronaut complex so that i can do EVA), am I missing something obvious?

Will have no trouble collecting the little blighters if I know where they are!

There should be a craft in orbit that was not placed there by you, that shows up in the map view or Tracking Station the same as other vehicles; that will be the Kerbals to be rescued, floating inside a broken command pod or similar. In the tracking station, if you mouse to the top of screen you'll get a bunch of icons to hide/show different types of craft. Make sure that you haven't accidentally deselected ships or something.

The orbits that they're in are not all LKO; one of my first ones was orbiting up near the Mun.

• 1 month later...

Weird.

Just to confirm: What about when you're in the tracking station? Is the kerbal-you're-supposed-to-rescue showing up in the list of all ships, or not? (never mind whether it's actually visible on the tracking station's map view)

I'm guessing that the answer is "no, they're not listed" or you wouldn't be having this issue, just checking.

If perchance they are listed there, try clicking on one to get the orbital information (periapsis, apoapsis, status "In orbit around Kerbin", etc.) and see if that sheds any light?

If you hover at the top of the screen in maps I think you should have a series of buttons that are filters for showing different types of objects have you tried enabling those?

Ooh, good call. That seems like a likely culprit-- would result in exactly this behavior (and the filtered-out ships wouldn't show up in tracking station, either).

Weird.

Just to confirm: What about when you're in the tracking station? Is the kerbal-you're-supposed-to-rescue showing up in the list of all ships, or not? (never mind whether it's actually visible on the tracking station's map view)

I'm guessing that the answer is "no, they're not listed" or you wouldn't be having this issue, just checking.

If perchance they are listed there, try clicking on one to get the orbital information (periapsis, apoapsis, status "In orbit around Kerbin", etc.) and see if that sheds any light?

Thanks, I'll try that out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.