Minmus Achievements

OtherDalfite

Should devs/experimental testers be part of the achievements?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should devs/experimental testers be part of the achievements?

Welcome to the non-officially official topic of Minmus! Here you will find all of the stated facts about landings, rovers, and other stuff. Let\'s fill these up! Screenshots are needed if you are claiming to do something undone before!

MINMUS ACHIEVEMENTS

First Minmus landing: OtherDalfite

First Minmus return: Tim_Barrett

First probe to land on Minmus: VincentMcConnell

First Kerbals on Minmus: Bill, Bob, and Jeb Kerman

First Minmus EVA: Deadshot462

First to map Minmus: N/A

First rover on Minmus: Trekkin

First view of all celestial bodies: Deadshot462

First Minmus base: OtherDalfite

First to land without lander legs: VincentMcConnell

First Minmus rendezvous: OtherDalfite

First to discover a Minmusolith: Candre

Smallest lander: Kosmo-not

First view of both Kerbin and Mun from the surface of Minmus:

screenshot141x.png

As it turns out, Minmus is also tidally locked to Kerbin, it will always face the same way, which makes for some nice time acceleration viewing.

Should I let that be an achievement guys?

Sure. It really isn\'t a big deal. The landing was even easier than landing on the Mun to be honest... The gravity is only 37% and you need barely any thrust and don\'t have to burn until the last second. I\'m the first person to land on Minmus without using landing legs ahah

Sure. It really isn\'t a big deal. The landing was even easier than landing on the Mun to be honest... The gravity is only 37% and you need barely any thrust and don\'t have to burn until the last second. I\'m the first person to land on Minmus without using landing legs ahah

Sorry Vincent, but you weren\'t...

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=12331.msg192794#msg192794

At exactly what time did that landing occur?

Well, you said your landing was around 4:30 PM but you posted it at 11:18 PM. His was posted at 8:45. What\'s to stop him from saying that he landed before 4:30, but not having a screenshot of it? I\'ll leave it as a tie for now, until more evidence is put forward.

Kosmo-Not has a message from me from a little after 5\'o clock that would prove I landed before then.

Also, my screenshots of Minmus were taken at 5:13. I was a little bit off, actually. I landed shortly after 5PM. Here\'s a screenshot to prove it was 'created' in that folder at 5:13.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12366.0;attach=19797;image

From the time of screenshot 1 to all the others was in a matter of less than two minutes. The landing was very quick since I burned at the last second. My descent rate was very quick until just before touchdown.

I think this should be sufficient proof.

He is still listed as first without lander legs. It\'s only fair that he proves he landed before 5:13PST by the use of a screen shot. His post was at 8 something you said. I proved that my landing was only shortly after 5. I am still waiting for your response to this.

First Probe to land on Minmus

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12366.0;attach=19800;image

Shortly before 10:40PM, PST, May 17th, 2012, Surveyor I landed on Minmus as the first unmanned probe to soft land upon its surface. I was racing for my spot in the leaderboards, regardless of whether the OP secures proof from the person who allegedly beat me to an engine bell landing.

EDIT

To prove it is really Minmus, following controversy over an achievement I believe I earned, here is a photo in daytime. You can see the more green surface.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12366.0;attach=19802;image

Also, in case anyone is wondering why the shadow looks separate from the probe, it is because in this landing spot, most of the probe falls through the ground. So to prove it was an unmanned style probe, I took off about 2 inches above the surface for a more contact looking photo. Here is how it looks when it\'s fallen through.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12366.0;attach=19804;image

Mind adding an achievement for putting a shuttle on Minmus?

scaled.php?server=35&filename=screenshot3bs.png&res=landing

I\'m almost done :D

edit: NEW PIC

screenshot0vp.png

Pictures of landing and return coming as soon as I actually do them >_>

EDIT: Never mind, it crashed when I tried to land. Apparently landing gear don\'t like to land with a horizontal speed of 100 m/s

I\'m trying to reach Minmus for the first time. First from Kerbin to the Mun for Munar orbit, then another transfer from Mun to Minmus. I assume the SOI of Minmum is small so shooting for it has to be well-calculated ... !

I\'m trying to reach Minmus for the first time. First from Kerbin to the Mun for Munar orbit, then another transfer from Mun to Minmus. I assume the SOI of Minmum is small so shooting for it has to be well-calculated ... !

Actually, the SOI of MInmus is about as big as the SOI of the mun.

Yeah, the SOI of Minmus isn\'t too hard to get within unless you can\'t get the incline right. Then again, it IS far enough out that a 0.1 degree change in incline or so can throw you off.

Please look at my screenshot. Is it possible that it is the highest point of Minmus? Anyway, that marked place is a pretty good terrain to make a base on, that\'s also where I\'ve landed.

It looks pretty high, but we haven\'t mapped Minmus yet so it\'s still undecided.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.