Now this is podracing mk4: The ultimate pod racer

I have improved this is pod racing in every way and i am proud to present my best stock pod racer to date

Now this is podracing mk4 (For V1.0.2)

aKaiFQ6.jpg

CNUKs5V.jpg

Description:

With advanced clipping technologies implemented for maximum performance a pod racer can not get much better than this, highly maneuverable, extremely fast this pod racer simply has no match when it comes to performance.

Part count: 217

Cost: 106,362

Weight: 17.5T

Flight instruction:

It is said that it takes jedi like reflexes to control a pod racer.

Action groups:

1: Toggle engines

2: Toggle air intake

Download link:

mediafire:

http://www./download/a4x48vi7tvy7gtr/Now+this+is+podracing+mk4.craft

KerbalX:

http://kerbalx.com/Roflcopterkklol/Now-this-is-podracing-mk4

Feel free to let me know what you think of my work, Good luck and have fun :)

Edited by Roflcopterkklol

:OO Me likey... does it hover though?

Nah too heavy to make it hover with stock parts and i did not want to use any mods on it (That and with its TWR it would have flown anyway haha), check out this is podracing mk2 for 0.90 if you want a more authentic pod racer :) it uses KAS and kerbal foundries wheels and repulsors.

Nah too heavy to make it hover with stock parts

Dude use the stock hovering technique! Clip wheels into the two engines and the cockpit, place a flat part just under them and the whole thing will hover. Apparently it works even better now!

Super cool craft by the way. Good job man.

Dude use the stock hovering technique! Clip wheels into the two engines and the cockpit, place a flat part just under them and the whole thing will hover. Apparently it works even better now!

Super cool craft by the way. Good job man.

Ill see if i can get it to work when im done working on my new SSTO, working on a liquid fuel only single stage to duna

Edit:

I had another go at making it hover and nah, way too heavy

Edited by Roflcopterkklol

Ill see if i can get it to work when im done working on my new SSTO, working on a liquid fuel only single stage to duna

Edit:

I had another go at making it hover and nah, way too heavy

Hmm.. Too heavy for the hover wheel technique? may have been way too dangerous thinking about it. It would musky likely lead to accidents..

I watched the video and I love the way those air-brakes move about like that. Awesome!

Hmm.. Too heavy for the hover wheel technique? may have been way too dangerous thinking about it. It would musky likely lead to accidents..

I watched the video and I love the way those air-brakes move about like that. Awesome!

Yeah, honestly its hard enough to make a pod racer using both KAS and kerbal foundries wheels and repulsors lol, need to have a heap of repulsors all at full strength and height (which sucks a huge amount of electric charge)

And about the air brakes, they are easily my new favourite control surface :P they can make the most unstable craft flyable and it looks awesome when they correct your direction

Well for what it's worth, you inspired odd things from me :P

http://i.imgur.com/uZnWxUA.jpg

Wish there were curved wing segments, the elbows look awkward :/

I love it, hmm maybe the small wings clipped together could get a smoother look?

ill let you tinker with the idea i think you might be onto something :sticktongue: seems like a decent way of making an SSTO

btw whats the blue planet in the background

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.