Mod that raises delta-v to orbit to .90 levels

LABHOUSE

That would be KIDS (Kerbal ISP Difficulty Scaler), though it looks like the last supported version was 0.90

The primary function of KIDS has been integrated as stock. It didn't just reduce the ISP, it scaled it with atmosphere and made it a function of thrust instead of throttle, this was one of the changes in 1.0 making KIDS obsolete.

I'd call the primary function of KIDS that which its name describes, Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler. :P

(I don't see "thrust" in the name.)

Remember, KIDS was created the last time there was a "FAR is le too EZ! Becuz dV too small!" thread pileon, and ferram said "kids plz" and made KIDS.

I'd call the primary function of KIDS that which its name describes, Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler. :P

(I don't see "thrust" in the name.)

Remember, KIDS was created the last time there was a "FAR is le too EZ! Becuz dV too small!" thread pileon, and ferram said "kids plz" and made KIDS.

Do you always judge books by their cover? Read the mod description. "Want Isp to control your engine's max thrust, not fuel flow?"

I tend to judge books by their authors. I explained why ferram wrote that mod; that he added thrust-correction later was awesome and useful, and I get that's why some people used the mod before 1.0, but that sure as heck wasn't why KIDS was built nor was it its author's "primary feature" even if that was it for you.

Alshain, tell me, what are the two lines just above that one in the KIDS post, hmmm? :P

The main purpose was always rescaling Isps. Thrust correction was just a nice thing I could throw in while I was at it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.