Fiction Accumulation Syndrome

NovaSilisko

We have a room in our house that is nothing but books. Books in boxes, books on shelves. Books, books, books.

I love books. :)

Books, books, books, books. Books, books, books, books. Lovely Books! Wonderful Books! Lovely Books! Wonderful Books!

i have this problem, but since i read very quickly and devour reading materials voraciously, i have done something that far exceeds browsing a used book store.

i've gone to packages with 200+ recommended sci-fi books and downloaded them all onto my iPad. i carry around with me a digital library that is expanding to nearly a gigabyte and a half.

A while ago I finished reading Asimov's "The Gods Themselves".

It's my first english second-hand old sf-novel and I have to say: I'm hooked!

Three chapters but, the second one, Man! Really loved that second chapter. I've never read anything like it!

I think I'm in trouble...

• 2 months later...
I feel the need to bump this with a status report.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ep3SdhQ.jpg[/img]

(not pictured: Hitchhiker's Guide, which is floating around somewhere and The Gods Themselves, which is being read, and Bad Astronomy and Death From The Skies, which are on another shelf) Edited by NovaSilisko

Meanwhile, Rendezvous with Rama finally came close to death...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/6KwtCDI.jpg[/img]

...and then dropped off its binding entirely.

So!

Begin the story of FrankenRama.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Pxb09e3.jpg[/img]

I extracted the backing boards from the binding for re-use later. At this moment I've glued a cardboard splint onto the back of the split section of pages to patch the hole (it was hardcover but bound like a paperback) which is absolutely slathered in glue. Once that dries I should have what amounts to a paperback without covers. Then I can begin to think about cover materials. Maybe leather, if I can find some general purpose sheets... Edited by NovaSilisko

[quote name='daniel l.']I actually found some of those great scifi books at the library today, but my mother took them away. I hate how she hates everything i like ;.;[/QUOTE]

Took them away to read them or trow them ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.