Modding live stream - Thursday 30th July 21:00 BST

lo-fi

Ohhhh yeeeeeees! What kind of wheels do you mean? Landing wheels/gears or rover wheels? I would be very happy to see you making landing gears, I still didn't completely figured out how exactly they need to be setted up..

Oh, and will you also record the stream and upload it to youtube later? That would be great, since I will probably not able to watch it!:sealed:

I'll post the twitch link shortly when I can remember what it is!

I assume it's this? http://www.twitch.tv/kerbalfoundries

I definitely encourage people to attend this. The last one was what made me actually understand wheel colliders :)

Be sure to test it this time. I remember the echo on the last one was rather frustrating. Will there be facecam? :P

Ohhhh yeeeeeees! What kind of wheels do you mean? Landing wheels/gears or rover wheels? I would be very happy to see you making landing gears, I still didn't completely figured out how exactly they need to be setted up..

Oh, and will you also record the stream and upload it to youtube later? That would be great, since I will probably not able to watch it!:sealed:

Not sure yet. There seem to be quite a few people who would like some insight into how to the tracks are made. It's a hell of a process, and took me months to perfect, so this is about the only way to pass the info on in a concise fashion. I have yet to tackle landing gear - my plugin needs an animation update to get that going really, but I do kinda have an eye on it. Probably not this time! Yes, I'll record and post :)

Nice idea. I'll show up to help answer questions in chat and maybe even ask some of my own :)

Excellent, thank you! If Zodius is around, I'll try and spend a few minutes at the end going through the plugin stuff in-depth for you guys too.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume it's this? http://www.twitch.tv/kerbalfoundries

I definitely encourage people to attend this. The last one was what made me actually understand wheel colliders :)

Be sure to test it this time. I remember the echo on the last one was rather frustrating. Will there be facecam? :P

Yeah, I got it nailed to do the second stream and the YT :)

And nobody needs to see that :P

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to everyone that was planning to tune in. Real life has got in the way in rather a major way today, so I'm going to have to postpone :( provisionally, let's say next Wednesday.

Sorry everyone, I was looking forward to doing this!

Go grab more popcorn, we're on for tomorrow :) I've chosen a design, and will be making a simple track. Modeling, rigging the skin, setting up in Unity, exporting and configuring. Will probably skip texturing as it's out of scope (apart from track surface to show how the module works).

Haha! Thanks, I'd overlooked that :blush:

Yep, I'll go through that. Its very easy - or at least it is in 3d studio. I'd hope there are similar tools in Blender, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if not.

• 1 month later...

Anyone up for some more? Thinking Thursday, 21:00 BST.

Got some notes on covering basic unity stuff: initial setup, part tools install, importing, exporting, colliders, materials, export, common problems, troubleshooting. Might even get into a little animation. This will be a newbie friendly one, right from the start. YouTube from the last one is up, will post a link later.

Tricky when we have people from all over the planet in different time zones! It's always available for a little while after as a past broadcast on Twitch, but I usually get around to sticking up the YouTube sooner or later.

Apologies, I can't get the software to play ball tonight. My internet connection is running slow, which may be causing it. Will try to fix and reschedule! Or may just produce a YouTube

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.