annoying unity/ksp texture bug

i have a model, many of you will recognise it as the halo pelican, but there has been a weird bug from the start... the polygones texture in unity but then loose their texture when plugede into ksp.... observe

Javascript is disabled. View full album

i have tried many fixes, including removing the offending faces and re applying them, which has worked for some but not others, and it is really begginnning to get on my nerves, any help will be appreciated

Edited by amankd

No, it's saying you have multiple materials on the same object from merging separate objects. You need to remove all materials from the object and add a new one. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't and they still show up in unity anyway. If that happens export the mesh as an fbx file, re-import into your 3d modeler, delete the materials and make new ones and it should be fixed.

No, it's saying you have multiple materials on the same object from merging separate objects. You need to remove all materials from the object and add a new one. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't and they still show up in unity anyway. If that happens export the mesh as an fbx file, re-import into your 3d modeler, delete the materials and make new ones and it should be fixed.

I went freaking nuts over trying to sort this out for some of my meshes. It's not multiple materials so much as mucked up UVs. And it's not clear in Blender how to remove a UV properly. If you select the mesh, and in the properties tabs, select the "Object" properties (the one that's a triangle with solid vertices), there's a list of UV maps there. Remove them all with the minus button and then re-unwrap for the whole mesh at once.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.