Apple or android??

Tristonwilson12

apple or android  

51 members have voted

1. 1. apple or android

I'm going to be serious.. I have no idea.

For me, Androids are easier to use, more customizable, cheaper, and are more backwards-compatible. Apple products, such as the iPhone, have better cameras, and better security.

They're not very comparable.

I like Apple, but only for iPod and iPhones. If I want a computer, I turn to Windows. The reason I'm not a big fan of Android is because I never got the chance to use it, and I would rather use an operating system I'm familiar with rather than learning whole new one.

This thread can only end well.

What do u use apple, windows or android

Apple is a brand, Windows is a desktop OS and Android is a mobile OS. The very question or premise of the thread seems problematic.

Edited by Camacha

Most of the new Android devices go the same way as Apple. They removing the capability to easily change your battery. They lack the microSD card slot. And they lock you the same way like Apple forcing you to root them.

There still might be models where it's still not as bad but generally i really hate they way they are going.

I have no choice then to check both systems in the poll because there is really not much difference anymore.

Most of the new Android devices go the same way as Apple. They removing the capability to easily change your battery. They lack the microSD card slot. And they lock you the same way like Apple forcing you to root them.

Don't go with the top tier models, those suffer from the things you mention. If you look at the class of phones below that, a lot have changeable batteries, multiple sim slots and MicroSD card slots. You pay a bit to a lot less too, and by now even cheap phones are quick enough for even rather complicated tasks.

Top tier is mostly about shine, but if you have to exchange usability for fancy looks and the thing being thin, I do not need or want it.

If I had Mac (in case I went crazy enogh) I would have other Apple gadgets. But I have a PC. Android is available on rather wide variety of devices and I don't see anything Apple can offer me that I would want badly enough to pay 50-70% extra money for the same things I can have with Android. If I have anything with the Apple logo I'm stuck with it. I don't have any choice but to use only Apple products. Android is very highly customizable and I can do nearly anything I want even on unrooted devices without violating any warranties and policies.

I'm running a heavily modified AOSP android build on my old (but hardened / waterproof) samsung... And waiting patiently for Replicant to actually support some hardware ;)

The standard argument for non removable batteries and non expandable storage is aesthetics and 'thin-ness' neither of which interest me in the slightest. Fortunately only I-whatsits and high-end 'droids seem to be competing on this front.

Actually I'm fairly convinced the fixed internal storage just an artificial price differentiator - the premium you pay for that extra flash far exceeds the cost of the chips...

I will always go for the most 'open', modifiable solution I can find... excessive vendor control just rubs me the wrong way - hence I have no apple products, and no google services on my android.

On a side note, it's impressive how much of a resource hog recent gapps is on an old device. I smell bloat, and a classic upgrade treadmill - try opting out of google updates, I dare ya.

Don't go with the top tier models, those suffer from the things you mention. If you look at the class of phones below that, a lot have changeable batteries, multiple sim slots and MicroSD card slots. You pay a bit to a lot less too, and by now even cheap phones are quick enough for even rather complicated tasks.

Top tier is mostly about shine, but if you have to exchange usability for fancy looks and the thing being thin, I do not need or want it.

Some industries, the top tier is just the bottom tier with some gold plating or some cheap paint (depending on how much they can get away with). The real "top tier" is, as you say, the model just below with all the hardware/tech/extras and a little less skimmed off the top for margin (profit).

PS, love my Note 3. It's great. No real problems with it at all. Except it's battery is not lasting quite as long as before, no idea if I've a runaway app or let the battery get a bit overworked. But all phones get that at times, if you use it like I do (too much! :P ).

Android as I like my phone to be PC-like. The lack of mass storage and access to the file system in non-jailbroken Apple devices really put me off.

I've heard that Windows Phone is great but I've never tried it.

Android.

Recently my carrier pushed 5.0 (Lollipop) on the Galaxy S4. I do not understand why Google devs are going out of their way to try to copy off Apple's flat design UI. (Ironically, it was originally Microsoft that started the revolution with Windows 8. Actually, I don't even know anymore.) 5.0 also restricted a bunch of permissions to superuser only, which is bad news for battery watchers and the like.

Soon I will have to go out of my way to flash CyanogenMod.

Android all the way. I personally really like the 5.0 UI. Clean, fast and does what I need it to. I've had two iPhones, but the moment I got an Xperia Z1 I knew there was no going back to iOS. Currently using an Xperia Z2. Great looking phone with a big display, nice camera and fast CPU, plus it's IP58 rated so you don't have to worry about it breaking if you use it in the rain etc (but the screen may do funny things when there's water on it). All this for a couple hundred euros less than a 64GB iPhone 6. Hands down the best phone I've ever had.

Apple doesn't put memory card slots in tablets/phones, so you'll have to pay much more for more memory.

They also have a version of the iWatch (which is pointless anyway) that is made of 24k gold.

Pretty irrelevant argument since some of the latest Android phones don;t have an SD card slot or it is very hard to reach.

Also, remember that an SD card is external memory, whereas all memory on an iDevice is internal and is retrieved much faster, significantly increasing performance when in comparison to, say, an app stored on an SD card.

The Apple Watch(not iWatch) is not pointless. No product is pointless, it is just your opinion that it is pointless, and your opinion is not relevant.

Just because there is a gold version of the Watch(Edition) doesn't mean Apple is a terrible company. I fail to see how this sentence of yours was relevant in any way.

I use iOS because it is polished, built with care and has the largest app library, and is very welcoming for developers.

I use Apple products because they feel premium, they make you look more impressionable, they are of the highest standard and are supported for a long time. Cheap Android phones or tablets impress no one, have tons of compatibility issues, and are overly complicated for something as simple as a phone.

Apple has always been the innovator on the market. This post will be too big to name all of the innovations and influences they created. Most of Android and other OS's that we see today have their roots from Apple.

Windows was ripped from Mac. Android was ripped from iOS. IA like S voice were ripped from Siri.

Capacitive touch screens in phones were ripped from the iPhone. Tablets were ripped from the iPad.

Sorry but Apple was always the obvious leader here.

Question to OP: why is there a multi-choice poll when it should obviously be a single choice one?

And why are the names of companies and OS's not capitalized?

Edited by SpaceXray

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.