Spaceplanes are HARD

Event_Horizon5

I\'ve been giggling at my hopeless space plane failures for the last 2 days, but I have to say even my flip prone multi stage space planes weren\'t as... ambitious as most of these. I need to try harder :D

No it doesn\'t, it\'s annoying, and after the millionth time it\'s been used it\'s not even remotely funny.

*The designs are pretty funny, but I’m having to watch it with audio off.

Try pressing Caps Lock, it activates precision controls. I found that planes were unflyable for me until i used Precision controls (the Yaw, Pitch, and Roll icons should turn blue), and even still the sensitivity makes it touchy. Even my joystick takes only a quick accidental flick to make a spectacular failure. And, of course, for those of you who hate seeing Caps Lock turn on and off every time you play KSP, just change the button in the options menu from startup.

Also, most of the takeoff fails seem to result from adding *gasp* too many boosters. You really only need one or two, it\'s just that the plane CANNOT (and i\'ve tried, but someone will prove me wrong, i know it...) take off without taking the gear up in my experience, lest you use more than enough boosters.

Well, yeah, many of my planes fail to takeoff until they leave the runway. I am thankful that it is high enough for me to tilt my plane upwards.

IN an unrelated note, I made a hellishly insane-size biplane... the wings were long enough to be big on a jet. Needless to say, it\'s pretty damn tough to fly. SAS or not :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.