Astro's Kopernicus Planets

Astrofox

What would you want in the planet pack?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in the planet pack?

• more moons
    • more planets
    • "lagrange point" moons/planets
    • rings
    • cubic planetary system
    • more moons around stock planets
    • other, and just post a comment asking for what you wish.

https://mega.co.nz/#!l1xknCRZ!XioCwGD8LWTgUV7-tJxEZ4OOzyKj5cQ8sWg_36NOtNw

Alright people fixed Tyrok's ocean color but we'll need a lava texture that can work as tile. Look at the Minmus example for texture resolution. I may make one myself I I find some time during this mountain vacantion. Also, I think I made the oceans more visible.

Awesome, I'm working on fixing some moon textures and adding more moons to the system (following Nova's plans for Jool and adding stuff to Yof, Sawob, and Kinern (and the exoplanets, of course).

Although, I do have a question, where is the lava.png texture?

I'm uploading it as we speak. Internet is slow here...

Alright here it is: made it from the kopernicus water tex using a recoloration tool on my advanced tablet photo editor.

https://mega.co.nz/#!AgJllSTb!83lhn6HWgHptLAsBLmlU7dfY42eicxR4b9mTnQESVfY

Edited by amarius1

Tyrok is still kinda broken.

The ocean textures are still laythe's water, and the atmosphere is bugged out, and the PQS needs to be fixed.

I'll upload pics.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE!!!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Please do check out the full album - it comes with a helpful description as to what we may have to use.

Edited by Astrofox

True, true...

It has been giving us issues.

Maybe, just maybe, we should put an easter egg in the description that specifically says:

"Well, when we saw this very lava populated world it was speculated that the Kraken lives there, since every craft that goes is either destroyed or lost due to some really weird occurrences."

Of course, we have put some Kraken jokes in other kopernicus body descriptions, but really, Tyrok takes the "kake" for being one of the buggiest things you could create in KSP.

I've kinda got a few questions about Valklipper:

1 - Since we plan on putting some "life" on the planet, can we create a custom terrain scatter model for the "life," of course, if it is even possible?

2 - Since it is a Trojan of Jool, does this mean that, if we can get custom asteroids working, we can put asteroids around Valklipper and maybe in the rings (if we add them) of Valkliper?

3 - How many moons is Valklipper going to have in its system?

4 - Could we utilize Kerbal Konstructs to put a Kraken on the surface of Valklipper (kinda like the one on Bop)?

*Maybe if we can get this working we could place one on Tyrok, or something like that*

5 - When will this list of questions end?

6 - How is the progress on Valklipper?

1. Yes, it is possible, using the latest version of Koperncicus, and I vote that someone other than me do it, seeing as I have not 3d modeling talent whatsoever.

2. Sure, don't see why not.

3. 1 moon, which I'm currently making

4. I don't think we'd want a kraken, but maybe something else, like one of those crashed ships from spore

5. never

6. going slowly, seeing how I just spent the last day upgrading to windows 10

Wait, windows 10?

Also, Valklipper is seriously going to have just one moon (the moons are what bring the systems out, seriously, if you place more moons, it means more science, and in turn, more of a challenge and a heck of a lot of fun to get to)?

First of all, Yes, windows 10. It's been in the news for ages now, and the official release was yesterday night. It's a free upgrade for all windows 7, 8, and 8.1 computers. They skipped windows 9 for some reason though :P

Secondly, I think Valklipper only needs one moon. Plus, it's a trojan so any moons would either be temporarily captured trojan asteroids, or large, clumpy, conglomerations of captured asteroids. I'm going with the second one.

Ok, but do you think there should be an asteroid moon that is inside the rings of Valklipper.

Although, I would like to add a small moon the the rings of Valklipper when/if we add the rings of Valklipper.

But in all honesty, we should totally add a Shepard moon to the rings of Valklipper that is a realistic size.

Also, when we create Telpos, the Red Oceana planet, can we name a moon Telpos 4, as an easter egg relating to the Star Trek Episode, the Menagerie?

Also, when we create Telpos, can we add a one pixel island to the map as a joke for Telpos being an Oceana?

Wow, lots of progress.

Microsoft skipped Windows 9 due to some poorly written software assuming that the system was running 95/98.

I've been slow with my progress, I just can't think of anything for the system I'm working on... Sorry for that, any ideas?

@Hammersamatom: when you have no other ideas left...

USE EXOPLANETS!

Seriously, that's what inspired me to do the exoplanet portion of the pack, you have your system that you're working on, and so find exoplanetary systems that kinda model yours.

Since your system is a white dwarf system with a small planet, then model the system after GD 61, which i a white dwarf with terrestrial planet remnants around it, so therefore, add some comets and asteroids to the system. Heck, even make the description for the white dwarf, Blance, this:

"This white dwarf star has several bodies orbiting around it, including one small planet and a lot of asteroids and comets. This leads us to speculating that one of the previous planets was destroyed, and that one was lucky enough to survive. It was originally called KD 61, but we christened it Blance, as it is the Kerbal god of anomalies, bu not chaos."

Granted, they only found remnants, but this is KSP, you can do whatever you want, just the way you like it.

Seriously, here's the article, and make sure that whenever you make extrasolar systems you model them after real or imaginary ones (I had a crack with the HD101 system, it was a test, but we will leave it in there as more of an easter egg).

Right now I'm creating a brown dwarf named 2KASS404 (nicknamed Braun in the description) with three terrestrial worlds and a comet around it, named Comor. I might make the stars way farther out and I may delete the Triple star system due to the bugginess and uselessness of the system, but really, I may end up making it a separate install from the entire mod and say that that's just an old WIP, and that anyone can expand/test upon it.

I may also place a comet or two (maybe three, really) around the sun, and one's gonna be named Devo...

I may end up tackling a system that's in another video game, which is highly controversial: the Lylat system (which, mind you, has little to no info on the planetary bodies whatsoever in the wiki, and I'm trying to make the system as realistic as possible, even if I have to screw with adding a gas giant and a bunch of other moons - yes, pretty much re-organizing the system). However, it is a suggestion of my own, and it would be a separate pack altogether.

I need help with a few moons of Yof and Sawob, as I am creating a world kinda like that of Laythe. Also, I've tried everything with Tyrok, even the FlattenOcean PQS mod. I woke up about half an hour ago, but I think that's all I'm really working on.

If I have questions I can ask you guys.

EDIT: Update on the "experimental dev" version 0.0.1

Changelog:

-Added 2KASS404 (as it is called ingame) "Braun" and its system.

-added Bilwad, another moon of Yof.

-changelog list

Needs:

-Tyrok lava ocean fix

-farther stars (thanks for the tip Pkmniako, but can you help?)

- oceans on 2KASS404c "Corit"

-more planets (obviously)

- more realistic brown dwarf mechanics

-biome maps (ibuckshot's going to do that)

-I'll update as I go on (just the fix for the lighting glitch by exporting textures).

Anyway, Here it is (including the WIP Lylat system):

the Exoplanet Pack and System Expansion - formerly Astro's Kopernicus Planets

EPPSE-AKP

Keep in mind that the Lylat System is owned by Nintendo, and their Starfox series, NOT me - I'm just trying to make it more sensible and explorable for the heck of it, and fun, of course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.