More funny loading messages

Since I spend the majority of my time watching the game load and re-load after it crashes every few minutes, if you guys aren't going to fix the memory issues causing the crashes, maybe you could add more loading messages so we have something new to read.

Since I spend the majority of my time watching the game load and re-load after it crashes every few minutes, if you guys aren't going to fix the memory issues causing the crashes, maybe you could add more loading messages so we have something new to read.

do you really prefer squad spends its precious time writing new loading messages?

Sarcasm or not, it is a good suggestion. I've been playing KSP for a long time and am starting to get tired of the same old Locating Jebediah Kerman (etc.)

However it certainly shouldn't be a priority atm.

I once found where the loading messages are stored using nothing more than a simple text editor and a Find function, so I'd be surprised if there isn't a mod out there somewhere to add more.

My initial post was entirely sarcastic, born from intense frustration. I paid money for a game, and I spend more time Force Quitting and reloading the game than I do playing it. I feel particularly mislead because I played the demo first, which hooked me, and then the actual production version crashes so often that quitting and reloading between scene changes is actually starting to feel like part of the game. This game is awesome, at least on paper, but the execution is somewhat... wanting.

So no, to answer the question, I would prefer that Squad spend their time giving us what we paid for - an actual functional game. The suggestion to create more entertaining loading messages was meant as irony.

My initial post was entirely sarcastic, born from intense frustration. I paid money for a game, and I spend more time Force Quitting and reloading the game than I do playing it. I feel particularly mislead because I played the demo first, which hooked me, and then the actual production version crashes so often that quitting and reloading between scene changes is actually starting to feel like part of the game. This game is awesome, at least on paper, but the execution is somewhat... wanting.

So no, to answer the question, I would prefer that Squad spend their time giving us what we paid for - an actual functional game. The suggestion to create more entertaining loading messages was meant as irony.

I figured you werent serious, but squad isnt gonna take kindly to sarcastic requests. Better to constructively criticize if you want to see results. In all aspects of life.

as for fixing crashes, I suggest playing almost entirely stock. Thats what I do and I have experienced no crashes so far in the new update.

Edited by r4pt0r

as for fixing crashes, I suggest playing almost entirely stock. Thats what I do and I have experienced no crashes so far in the new update.
OP, your problem is probably a hardware problem. KSP works fine on my machine, and it has pretty bad specs...

Perhaps specific hardware is interfering with the game....

I figured you werent serious, but squad isnt gonna take kindly to sarcastic requests. Better to constructively criticize if you want to see results. In all aspects of life.
Hmmm, I am sensing sarcasm in the OP.
do you really prefer squad spends its precious time writing new loading messages?

Come on, this is completely unrelated and nonconstructive to his original request.

I agree, the loading messages got old after two months and it'd be great if we got some new ones. However, it'd be even better if the game's memory leaks were fixed (ex: tweakables currently leak memory) and if the age-old clickthrough bug with various UIs (including the brand new overwrite popup we got in 1.0), though this seems like it should be fixed with the UI rewrite of the next update.

Edited by mythbusters844