[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

There are parts missing in sandbox mode too. Most of the craft files cannot be loaded in the VAB. All these are just teething issues though. There's no doubt that the mod itself is an amazing piece of work. And the Instructional cards are brilliant. It would be great if you could integrate them with KIS. (The KIS mod allows you to store the mod manual as a little book on your craft, so you can read it in game. Would be a flourish in keeping with the overall sheen of this amazing mod.)

It's got to be a plugin conflict. If you try from a clean install they will load. If you could help us out by trying to find out which dll or other mod is conflicting it would be greatly appreciated :)

UPDATE: It is possible the latest Raster Prop Monitor version is conflicting with our custom ALCOR/ASET IVA or possibly the Porkjet IVA's ( less likely ), we are researching the issue. You can help us test that by removing the "ASET" folder and attempting to load the craft.

Edited by YANFRET

I think it's likely that RasterProp and JSI may be wrestling with ASET. Had issues with those before, in prealpha days. In sandbox mode, it reports that the XKarmonyStorModuleAdapterS6632 is missing. Don't know if that helps.

But, oh my stars, this mod is a feast for the eyes.

tuqWuFH.jpg

Edited by BinaryBad

I think it's likely that RasterProp and JSI may be wrestling with ASET. Had issues with those before, in prealpha days. In sandbox mode, it reports that the XKarmonyStorModuleAdapterS6632 is missing. Don't know if that helps.

But, oh my stars, this mod is a feast for the eyes.

http://i.imgur.com/tuqWuFH.jpg

When are you getting that missing part and did you get the name right it looks like it should be

XKarmonyStorModule_AdapterS6632

but YANFRET might have more :)

Just downloaded and looked into ZIP.

Gosh, what a mess.

There are some plugins bundled with it (namely, KJR) - why don't just make them a requirement? There are something named "Firespitter (1).dll". Folders have absolutely no internal structure - they were just thrown together. Some configs contain deprecated strings (like ModuleSAS for non-command pod or probe core parts). Textures are not converted into DDS.

Sorry if that sounded mean, but this mod is simply aren't ready for a full release.

Actually with the exception of (1) on the firespitter DLL... sorry about that, every single thing you listed was done intentionally after careful consideration. We reached out to Ferram4 to get a license to distribute KJR as was done with every other piece of the puzzle, the folder structure has been crafted through at least one year of beta testing, and after much research, DDS conversion has not produced a result of equal quality.

So weather or not it meets your definition of full release, it's out, it's licensed and it is almost exactly the way we want it to be.

Can I put into my modded save? Does it work yet or should I wait?
damn it, why did u made such a nice mod, I dont have anymore "room" or ram for it :((

We recommend starting from a fresh install and not combining with other saves at first

UPDATE: We have sorted out a few reported issues; tonight you guys will get an update that fixes the Raster Prop Monitor conflict, removes two plugin dependencies and has an adjusted folder structure.

Edited by YANFRET

I gotta say, i LOVE the product information cards you put into the download :D really neat feature.

If you have no objection, id like to convert them into a in game usable item for the KIS mod :D (similar to the KIS instruction manual, in the KIS/KAS mod) will be happy to share once done, shouldnt take no more than an hour.

I gotta say, i LOVE the product information cards you put into the download :D really neat feature.

If you have no objection, id like to convert them into a in game usable item for the KIS mod :D (similar to the KIS instruction manual, in the KIS/KAS mod) will be happy to share once done, shouldnt take no more than an hour.

Yeah! BinaryBad asked us to do that a few pages ago and thank you for offering to make it happen!

I did forget to make one for the assembled Monkey Transfer Vehicle, so that's my homework tonight along with the critical update.

Edited by YANFRET

The ALCOR pod conveniently has a part-only download for those of us who never do IVA. Does it cause problems to just delete the whole ASET folder in the Chaka download?

I just convert to dds immediately so it's all the same except for making a new version more of a hassle than it should be. I do agree that at this point there's no reason at all to not just use dds to begin with.

I just convert to dds immediately so it's all the same except for making a new version more of a hassle than it should be. I do agree that at this point there's no reason at all to not just use dds to begin with.

How you convert the NRM texture to DDS with out some being discoloured ?

Yeah! BinaryBad asked us to do that a few pages ago and thank you for offering to make it happen!

Annnnnd... all done!

Chaka Product Information Guide Download: Dropbox

Just Drop the directory into the GameData Directory, and it will go into the CMES folder.

All credit goes to YANFRET for putting together the awesome guide, i just coverted them to png, wrote a cfg, and slapped together a quick custom texture for the book :P

Requires: KIS, obviously for the book to work.

License if needed: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License (same as Chaka)

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Several posts have been removed. Please keep feedback constructive without belaboring the point and report problematic posts without responding to them.

Also, the download links have been removed until the appropriate licenses and source are provided. Please read the Add-on Posting Rules. Specifically, you need to include all of the following:

• Licenses for every bundled mod in the post
  • Licenses for every bundled mod in the download
  • Links to the threads for every bundled plugin, or to the source

Edited by Master Tao

Updated to 1.0.2A

- See main page for links

• Removed Firespitter and Smokescreen plugins ( not needed )

• Moved remaining plugin files to folder outside CMES

• Converted main textures to DDS ( Special thanks to MeCripp Industrial Coding, LLC )

• Updated IVA to support latest version of JSI ( Special thanks to MeCripp Industrial Coding, LLC )

• Updated license info on main page and inside zip file

Dear Highly Regarded Chaka Monkey Exploration System Engineers,

Your prompt and expedient delivery of updated versions of your remarkable launch vehicles and spacecraft is greatly appreciated by our remaining Test Flight Crews here at Voidryder's Aerospace. Our Director of Kerbalnaut Office has ordered the unlocking of all hangers' exterior doors as a result. Families of Test Flight Crews will be overjoyed to see their loved ones again.

Sincerely,

The Grand Designer,

Voidryder's Aerospace

Updated to 1.0.2A

- See main page for links

• Removed Firespitter and Smokescreen plugins ( not needed )

• Moved remaining plugin files to folder outside CMES

• Converted main textures to DDS ( Special thanks to MeCripp Industrial Coding, LLC )

• Updated IVA to support latest version of JSI ( Special thanks to MeCripp Industrial Coding, LLC )

• Updated license info on main page and inside zip file

Awesome! Thanks for the quick update!

And your welcome to distribute the Book item if you want , or put a link to it in the first post. Totally up to you. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the quick update!

And your welcome to distribute the Book item if you want , or put a link to it in the first post. Totally up to you. :)

It's in the zip file! (except the kerbalstuff zip for upload limitations)

I'm really glad you made that

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.