[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

1 hour ago, IonMage said:

Thanks for the response!  But, its still not working.  I did a full delete+reinstall of the ThunderAerospace folder, version 11.2.1, and placed your dll in the TacLifeSupport folder.  Exact same behavior as before.

Hmm. That's strange. I definitely tested it and it didn't consume any resources when I thawed after 100 days frozen. You sure you replaced the old dll with mine and you don't now have two? If you're sure I'll need the output.log file to see if something else is going on. Anyone else having this problem?

41 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Hmm. That's strange. I definitely tested it and it didn't consume any resources when I thawed after 100 days frozen. You sure you replaced the old dll with mine and you don't now have two? If you're sure I'll need the output.log file to see if something else is going on. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes.  Even checked the file size.  Original is 37 kb, yours is 108, and the one present is indeed 108.  Heres the output.log.

12 hours ago, IonMage said:

Yes.  Even checked the file size.  Original is 37 kb, yours is 108, and the one present is indeed 108.  Heres the output.log.

Ok thanks for that.. I've done an investigation and I have found that there is definitely something not right here with your install.
I can see you have DeepFreeze and it would appear my fixed version of TAC LS installed (along with lots of other mods) and I went through your log and reconstructed what I could:
You have a vessel with three kerbals on it, Dandia, Wilgas, Dongee. You freeze them all. You skip around the Kerbal system using some mod, Guessing Interstellar or warp or hyperedit?
you then thaw them. There is nothing else in the log indicating a problem.
But here is the interesting thing I found:
There SHOULD be messages in your log when you freeze your kerbals from TAC and they should say (the xxx's change):
-INFO- Tac.LifeSupportController[xxxxxxxx][xxx.xx]: Deleting Frozen crew member: xxxxxxx Kerman
But in your Log they aren't there....
(Simplistic explanation):
The version of Tac I fixed does a check if DeepFreeze is installed and then detects when kerbals are frozen and 'forgets' them - and writes the log message above.
But this isn't occurring in your log. This to me indicates that Tac is NOT detecting that DeepFreeze is in fact installed in your KSP install so it never checks for frozen kerbals.
Why this is occurring is a complete mystery to me, because I ran a number of tests and it always detects DeepFreeze for me. So something is happening that nothing in the log is helping me with to determine why this is occurring.
Can I ask you to check for me in the Tac window when you freeze your kerbals does the screen show there are no kerbals on the active vessel?
This is what it should look like when they are frozen (pic):

Spoiler

LU76wBt.png

This is what it should look like when they aren't frozen (pic):

Spoiler

45q8AAo.png

Take note of the number of crew it shows in brackets.
I'm guessing currently when you freeze them they aren't disappearing from this screen?

@IonMage - After all that explanation I'm at a total loss as to why for you Tac is not detecting the presence of DeepFreeze. So, I have made a couple of adjustments to the code to give me more log information and have sent you a link to another DLL in a PM (don't need others to pick up this DLL). If you would be so kind as to try again with this DLL, it won't work again. But if you can capture and send me the output log using that DLL it might give me something more to go on. Or not, but at least it should confirm what I think is happening which is Tac isn't finding DeepFreeze in your install. Then we need to figure out why this is happening.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Ok thanks for that.. I've done an investigation and I have found that there is definitely something not right here with your install.
I can see you have DeepFreeze and it would appear my fixed version of TAC LS installed (along with lots of other mods) and I went through your log and reconstructed what I could:
You have a vessel with three kerbals on it, Dandia, Wilgas, Dongee. You freeze them all. You skip around the Kerbal system using some mod, Guessing Interstellar or warp or hyperedit?
you then thaw them. There is nothing else in the log indicating a problem.
But here is the interesting thing I found:
There SHOULD be messages in your log when you freeze your kerbals from TAC and they should say (the xxx's change):
-INFO- Tac.LifeSupportController[xxxxxxxx][xxx.xx]: Deleting Frozen crew member: xxxxxxx Kerman
But in your Log they aren't there....
(Simplistic explanation):
The version of Tac I fixed does a check if DeepFreeze is installed and then detects when kerbals are frozen and 'forgets' them - and writes the log message above.
But this isn't occurring in your log. This to me indicates that Tac is NOT detecting that DeepFreeze is in fact installed in your KSP install so it never checks for frozen kerbals.
Why this is occurring is a complete mystery to me, because I ran a number of tests and it always detects DeepFreeze for me. So something is happening that nothing in the log is helping me with to determine why this is occurring.
Can I ask you to check for me in the Tac window when you freeze your kerbals does the screen show there are no kerbals on the active vessel?
This is what it should look like when they are frozen (pic):

Reveal hidden contents

LU76wBt.png

This is what it should look like when they aren't frozen (pic):

Reveal hidden contents

45q8AAo.png

Take note of the number of crew it shows in brackets.
I'm guessing currently when you freeze them they aren't disappearing from this screen?

@IonMage - After all that explanation I'm at a total loss as to why for you Tac is not detecting the presence of DeepFreeze. So, I have made a couple of adjustments to the code to give me more log information and have sent you a link to another DLL in a PM (don't need others to pick up this DLL). If you would be so kind as to try again with this DLL, it won't work again. But if you can capture and send me the output log using that DLL it might give me something more to go on. Or not, but at least it should confirm what I think is happening which is Tac isn't finding DeepFreeze in your install. Then we need to figure out why this is happening.

Here is a newer log, with your special dll installed.

I tried uninstalling WarpUnlocker, as I suspected it might be the problem (and I had other issues with it anyways).  This did not fix anything, but I'm mentioning that here in case it would cause any other discrepancy in the new log.

Also, the TACLS monitor correctly displays the number of Kerbals as 0 when they are frozen.

After getting that log, I also tried uninstalling Extraplanetary Launchpads and USI MKS.  That solved nothing, so I reinstalled them.  The new log posted will NOT reflect this.

Again, minute detail if it helps:  Only food and water are consumed.  Oxygen is properly preserved.

Edited by IonMage

38 minutes ago, IonMage said:

Here is a newer log, with your special dll installed.

I tried uninstalling WarpUnlocker, as I suspected it might be the problem (and I had other issues with it anyways).  This did not fix anything, but I'm mentioning that here in case it would cause any other discrepancy in the new log.

Also, the TACLS monitor correctly displays the number of Kerbals as 0 when they are frozen.

After getting that log, I also tried uninstalling Extraplanetary Launchpads and USI MKS.  That solved nothing, so I reinstalled them.  The new log posted will NOT reflect this.

Again, minute detail if it helps:  Only food and water are consumed.  Oxygen is properly preserved.

Thanks. Ok, well. It appears your Tac is detecting DeepFreze. But something else is going on that I just can't understand. It isn't forgetting frozen kerbals. 
Yet there is no error in your log.
Sorry to ask again, I've sent you another link with another DLL. Can I ask you copy this one in and run KSP again, Sandbox game is fine or a copy of your save and if you could go into DeepFreeze Settings at the space centre and turn on Debug mode. this along with the TAC DLL I have sent you will spam your log with lots of messages and slow KSP down. but if you could do that and using the new DLL for TAC and then do a simple test freeze of a kerbal/s and thaw them again and capture and send me the log that would be terrific. I'd love to track this problem down for you but I need a lot more info from the log. Once you've got the log turn off debug mode in DeepFreeze again.

48 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Thanks. Ok, well. It appears your Tac is detecting DeepFreze. But something else is going on that I just can't understand. It isn't forgetting frozen kerbals. 
Yet there is no error in your log.
Sorry to ask again, I've sent you another link with another DLL. Can I ask you copy this one in and run KSP again, Sandbox game is fine or a copy of your save and if you could go into DeepFreeze Settings at the space centre and turn on Debug mode. this along with the TAC DLL I have sent you will spam your log with lots of messages and slow KSP down. but if you could do that and using the new DLL for TAC and then do a simple test freeze of a kerbal/s and thaw them again and capture and send me the log that would be terrific. I'd love to track this problem down for you but I need a lot more info from the log. Once you've got the log turn off debug mode in DeepFreeze again.

Heres the new one.  Made a new sandbox career mode.  The options for freezing/thawing were missing from the right-click context menu, but the toolbar window still worked.

21 minutes ago, IonMage said:

Heres the new one.  Made a new sandbox career mode.  The options for freezing/thawing were missing from the right-click context menu, but the toolbar window still worked.

That sounds very unusual... Right-click menu should always be there... Indicates more problems than we thought. Let me look through the log and get back to you (could be a few hours).

Edited by JPLRepo

9 minutes ago, IonMage said:

It would seem the missing context menu only happens with the newly created sandbox campaign, the menu does appear correctly in the career campaign.

The log you posted is the career game yes?
If you want to post your log of the sandbox game I can take a look at that as well.
Preliminary look at your log indicates DeepFreeze is all working. Freeze/Thaw. There are no errors.
TAC on the other hand is not seeing the frozen kerbals. I
My thoughts are the changes I made to Tac to see the frozen kerbals is not working in all cases. I'm doing some more of my own testing to confirm it works for me. Then we need to figure out why it doesn't work on your install.
This could be a tough one. If you have the time and/or inclination to copy your KSP install and remove all other mods (just DeepFreeze and TAC) to see if you still get the problem that would eliminate that it's another mod causing a conflict.

3 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

The log you posted is the career game yes?
If you want to post your log of the sandbox game I can take a look at that as well.
Preliminary look at your log indicates DeepFreeze is all working. Freeze/Thaw. There are no errors.
TAC on the other hand is not seeing the frozen kerbals. I
My thoughts are the changes I made to Tac to see the frozen kerbals is not working in all cases. I'm doing some more of my own testing to confirm it works for me. Then we need to figure out why it doesn't work on your install.
This could be a tough one. If you have the time and/or inclination to copy your KSP install and remove all other mods (just DeepFreeze and TAC) to see if you still get the problem that would eliminate that it's another mod causing a conflict.

The most recent log is from the sandbox, the first two were from the career campaign. 

I'll try copying the directory and do what you said.

The most recent log is from the sandbox, the first two were from the career campaign. 

I'll try copying the directory and do what you said.

I can see no errors in that log related to DeepFreeze.. so why the menu is not appearing is not DeepFreeze related.. there are a lot of other errors in your log I might add, e.g. Kopernicus related.I'd be checking you have the latest for each one but especially that one.
I have done a few hours of testing and looking at your logs, but I cannot see any error but I know that for some reason Tac on your install is not seeing the frozen kerbals. As to why, there is nothing in your log to indicate why and going over and over my code I can't see why this would happen. I have tried to replicate the error but I cannot. It works for me just fine every time.
I would suggest stripping back to DeepFreeze and Tac and see if the error goes or not. If it does go, it's some other mod and adding them one at a time would finally find it. Or you can try the 50% approach. Remove half and test, etc.
I will have another look tomorrow my time, but I can't find anything wrong with the code.
It has made me think maybe I should look into DeepFreeze updating Tac (instead of Tac updating itself based on what it reads from DeepFreeze). But I am reluctant to do a hack like that, it's not clean, and unless lots of people were having this issue it's not worth it. Let me know how you go. 

Edited by JPLRepo

11 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

I can see no errors in that log related to DeepFreeze.. so why the menu is not appearing is not DeepFreeze related.. there are a lot of other errors in your log I might add, e.g. Kopernicus related.I'd be checking you have the latest for each one but especially that one.
I have done a few hours of testing and looking at your logs, but I cannot see any error but I know that for some reason Tac on your install is not seeing the frozen kerbals. As to why, there is nothing in your log to indicate why and going over and over my code I can't see why this would happen. I have tried to replicate the error but I cannot. It works for me just fine every time.
I would suggest stripping back to DeepFreeze and Tac and see if the error goes or not. If it does go, it's some other mod and adding them one at a time would finally find it. Or you can try the 50% approach. Remove half and test, etc.
I will have another look tomorrow my time, but I can't find anything wrong with the code.
It has made me think maybe I should look into DeepFreeze updating Tac (instead of Tac updating itself based on what it reads from DeepFreeze). But I am reluctant to do a hack like that, it's not clean, and unless lots of people were having this issue it's not worth it. Let me know how you go. 

Thanks for the help, I understand this must be frustrating.

I managed to get it to work once when removing Distant Object Enhancement and Cryo Engines.  I then tried those two one at a time to narrow it down.  It ceased to work in both cases.  So I tried replicating the previous success and went back to both removed.  No go, it didnt work the second time around. 

9 hours ago, IonMage said:

Thanks for the help, I understand this must be frustrating.

I managed to get it to work once when removing Distant Object Enhancement and Cryo Engines.  I then tried those two one at a time to narrow it down.  It ceased to work in both cases.  So I tried replicating the previous success and went back to both removed.  No go, it didnt work the second time around. 

This inconsistent behaviour smells of a mod conflict... I don't think it would be DOE as I have DOE installed as well and it works fine. I've never used Cryo Engines though...
Try that again, try removing them one by one. I know it's painful, a better way is to remove half of them an test. Works or not? If it does it's in the half you removed, if it doesn't it's in the half you still have installed, and so on until you get to the one.

EDIT: @IonMage I was just going through what you had written again as your symptoms and noticed you had said that the TAC LS screen was correctly showing Zero kerbals on the vessel when they were all frozen? Can you confirm this? If that is the case that makes no sense at all because going through your log it would appear TAC LS does not detect frozen kerbals and remove them from it's vessel roster... Have you had any luck removing mods?

Edited by JPLRepo

10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

This inconsistent behaviour smells of a mod conflict... I don't think it would be DOE as I have DOE installed as well and it works fine. I've never used Cryo Engines though...
Try that again, try removing them one by one. I know it's painful, a better way is to remove half of them an test. Works or not? If it does it's in the half you removed, if it doesn't it's in the half you still have installed, and so on until you get to the one.

EDIT: @IonMage I was just going through what you had written again as your symptoms and noticed you had said that the TAC LS screen was correctly showing Zero kerbals on the vessel when they were all frozen? Can you confirm this? If that is the case that makes no sense at all because going through your log it would appear TAC LS does not detect frozen kerbals and remove them from it's vessel roster... Have you had any luck removing mods?

Yes, I am absolutely certain of this.  The TAC Monitoring window acted according to how it should, as shown in those pictures you showed.

I have been trying numerous combinations of mods as you are asking me to, and this is what led to my previous post.  After much experimentation I ultimately got around to uninstalling DOE and Cryo Engines, and it worked that one time.  Then I try having only one installed, to narrow it down to either, that is to say a DOE-only removal, and then a CryoEngine-only removal, and we're back to not working in both instances.  And then, I try the configuration that worked that one time again, and this second time around, it doesnt work anymore.

If TAC wasnt removing kerbals from the roster, wouldn't food/water/oxygen be consumed while frozen?  The problem is that the food/water stays at the same value as it is at time of freezing, but the moment they are thawed out, those two resources get used up, to make up for the lost time.  This does not occur with oxygen, it is preserved as it should be.

Heres a series of screenshots demonstrating both of these things.  The missing context menu options can also be seen.

QuZwNDI.png

8w2drVr.png

qhlnETH.png

ciCL84D.png

Edited by IonMage
Added pictures

Yes, I am absolutely certain of this.  The TAC Monitoring window acted according to how it should, as shown in those pictures you showed.

I have been trying numerous combinations of mods as you are asking me to, and this is what led to my previous post.  After much experimentation I ultimately got around to uninstalling DOE and Cryo Engines, and it worked that one time.  Then I try having only one installed, to narrow it down to either, that is to say a DOE-only removal, and then a CryoEngine-only removal, and we're back to not working in both instances.  And then, I try the configuration that worked that one time again, and this second time around, it doesnt work anymore.

If TAC wasnt removing kerbals from the roster, wouldn't food/water/oxygen be consumed while frozen?  The problem is that the food/water stays at the same value as it is at time of freezing, but the moment they are thawed out, those two resources get used up, to make up for the lost time.  This does not occur with oxygen, it is preserved as it should be.

Yes I understood what you are describing to me. but a few things don't make sense...
1) In your log that you posted there are no log messages removing the frozen kerbals from TAC's roster, so I cannot explain this at all. I can explain how they disappear from the TAC window, this is because they aren't actually in the vessel, DeepFreeze removes them. But TAC remembers them in it's internal roster. So when they re-appear in the vessel again it calculates all the consumed resources and deducts them from the vessel.
My fix code changes TAC to detect when a kerbal is frozen and removes them from the TAC roster. When they are thawed again it re-adds them as they appear back in the vessel but it has no record of them. So then it does not back-calculate resources. But this is NOT happening in your install or we would see the log message "Deleting Frozen crew member: xxxxx xxxxx"
2) I believe the non-consumption of oxygen is a known issue with TAC that I have read about before, so I don't think it is related at all. (could be wrong, but I do recall reading something about this before, just can't find it now).
3) There is no obvious log messages indicating any error as to why the context menu is missing as well. Although, there are a lot of other errors in your log. 
4) The removal of two mods, then it works, then adding them back one at a time and removing them again, and it still doesn't work. That is an inconsistency that to me means there is something else causing havoc in your install.
5) If this was a bug in DeepFreeze and/or my TAC fix then others would have the same issue, and I would be able to easily reproduce the problem (which no matter how hard I try I cannot).

I would recommend a clean install of KSP and install DeepFreeze and TAC and their dependencies (no other mods) and see if it works. If it does, that would indicate it's another mod causing the issue. Which one, that's a process of elimination. 
As I cannot reproduce this issue and unless others come forward with the same issue I have to conclude this is not a DeepFreeze / TAC issue.

Edited by JPLRepo

Hi,

Gregmal and Alnie Kerman are in deep troubles! I can't manage to woke them up. Currenty orbiting Laythe, part temp is <100K. The two pods are nested in a 2,5m bay, but it's ok to wake them up on kerbin. What is going wrong? Thanks for your help.

http://imgur.com/lVQ6PZD
F1qiuc4.jpg

[LOG 14:28:07.103] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Find TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 14:28:07.103] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Add TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 14:28:08.145] Unpacking pioneer
[LOG 14:28:32.524] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [the Mun] Completed...
[LOG 14:28:35.959] Packing pioneer for orbit
[LOG 14:28:39.915] Unpacking pioneer
[LOG 14:28:58.641] Gregmal Kerman is active
[LOG 14:28:58.641] Exception attempting to add to seat for Gregmal Kerman
[LOG 14:28:58.641] Err: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DF.DeepFreezer.ThawKerbalStep0 (System.String frozenkerbal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 14:28:58.642] DF.DeepFreezer[FFF8BF6A][113.64]: Found Kerbal in the stored frozen crew list for this part, critical error. Report this on the forum.
[LOG 14:28:58.642] DF.DeepFreezer[FFF8BF6A][113.64]: Crewmember:Gregmal Kerman Seat:0
[LOG 14:28:58.643] Save cryopodstatepersistent value True
[LOG 14:29:02.855] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Minmus] Completed...
[LOG 14:29:13.563] Packing pioneer for orbit
[LOG 14:29:18.195] Unpacking pioneer
[LOG 14:29:20.664] Gregmal Kerman is active
[LOG 14:29:20.664] Exception attempting to add to seat for Gregmal Kerman
[LOG 14:29:20.664] Err: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DF.DeepFreezer.ThawKerbalStep0 (System.String frozenkerbal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 14:29:20.664] DF.DeepFreezer[FFF8BF6A][128.84]: Found Kerbal in the stored frozen crew list for this part, critical error. Report this on the forum.
[LOG 14:29:20.664] DF.DeepFreezer[FFF8BF6A][128.84]: Crewmember:Gregmal Kerman Seat:0
[LOG 14:29:20.665] Save cryopodstatepersistent value True

Full logs : 

Mods : 

KSP: 1.0.5 (Unix) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Linux 4.2 Ubuntu 15.10 64bit
USI Tools - 0.6.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.4.9
Custom Asteroids - 1.2
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.0.2
Firespitter - 7.1.5
RasterPropMonitor - 0.24.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.5
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
HyperEdit - 1.4.2
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.2
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.5.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.5.5
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.7
AmpYear - 1.1.1
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.20.2
RemoteTech - 1.6.9
SCANsat - 1.1.4.7
ShipManifest - 4.4.2
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.5.1.7
TextureReplacer - 2.4.11
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.7.4
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.5
TweakScale - 2.2.6
USI Core - 0.1.5
Karibou - 0.1.2
Kolonization Core - 0.1.5
USI-LS - 0.3.9
UKS - 0.33.4

21 hours ago, maxix said:

Hi,

Gregmal and Alnie Kerman are in deep troubles! I can't manage to woke them up. Currenty orbiting Laythe, part temp is <100K. The two pods are nested in a 2,5m bay, but it's ok to wake them up on kerbin. What is going wrong? Thanks for your help.

http://imgur.com/lVQ6PZD
[LOG 14:28:07.103] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Find TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 14:28:07.103] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Add TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 14:28:08.145] Unpacking pioneer
[LOG 14:28:32.524] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [the Mun] Completed...
[LOG 14:28:35.959] Packing pioneer for orbit
[LOG 14:28:39.915] Unpacking pioneer
[LOG 14:28:58.641] Gregmal Kerman is active
[LOG 14:28:58.641] Exception attempting to add to seat for Gregmal Kerman
[LOG 14:28:58.641] Err: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 14:28:58.642] DF.DeepFreezer[FFF8BF6A][113.64]: Found Kerbal in the stored frozen crew list for this part, critical error. Report this on the forum.
[LOG 14:28:58.642] DF.DeepFreezer[FFF8BF6A][113.64]: Crewmember:Gregmal Kerman Seat:0
[LOG 14:28:58.643] Save cryopodstatepersistent value True
[LOG 14:29:02.855] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Minmus] Completed...
[LOG 14:29:13.563] Packing pioneer for orbit
[LOG 14:29:18.195] Unpacking pioneer
[LOG 14:29:20.664] Gregmal Kerman is active
[LOG 14:29:20.664] Exception attempting to add to seat for Gregmal Kerman
[LOG 14:29:20.664] Err: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 14:29:20.664] DF.DeepFreezer[FFF8BF6A][128.84]: Found Kerbal in the stored frozen crew list for this part, critical error. Report this on the forum.
[LOG 14:29:20.664] DF.DeepFreezer[FFF8BF6A][128.84]: Crewmember:Gregmal Kerman Seat:0
[LOG 14:29:20.665] Save cryopodstatepersistent value True

Full logs : 

Mods : 

KSP: 1.0.5 (Unix) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Linux 4.2 Ubuntu 15.10 64bit
USI Tools - 0.6.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.4.9
Custom Asteroids - 1.2
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.0.2
Firespitter - 7.1.5
RasterPropMonitor - 0.24.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.5
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
HyperEdit - 1.4.2
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.2
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.5.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.5.5
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.7
AmpYear - 1.1.1
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.20.2
RemoteTech - 1.6.9
SCANsat - 1.1.4.7
ShipManifest - 4.4.2
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.5.1.7
TextureReplacer - 2.4.11
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.7.4
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.5
TweakScale - 2.2.6
USI Core - 0.1.5
Karibou - 0.1.2
Kolonization Core - 0.1.5
USI-LS - 0.3.9
UKS - 0.33.4

Can you explain a bit more of what happened leading up to this? Where did you freeze them? Did you exit the game at all between freezing them and trying to thaw them? Or did you fly the whole mission in one session? And you say you can thaw them on Kerbin? I'm not following that comment.
I'll investigate and try to reproduce, but an initial attempt using a service bay and everything is fine for me. It would help if you provide detailed steps on what you did so I can reproduce.
Also, thanks for the log snippit, but a full detailed log would help much more to see what is going on.

EDIT: Ok I took a quick look at the code, this error:

Indicates that your frozen kerbals are NOT saved in your save file, or not being loaded from your save file, one of the two. Are you able to provide your persistent.sfs that goes with this error so I can confirm if indeed your kerbals are stored in it correctly?
If they are in the save file then there should be some other error in your log when you load the vessel to indicate why they aren't being loaded correctly.
If they aren't in your save file, then we need to go back to how, where, when they were frozen to figure out why. Which is a lot harder, so if you can described where, when, how you froze them that would help as well.

Edited by JPLRepo

Hi,

thanks for your time.

I can't remember when i froze Alnie and Gregmal, but it is one of these 3 : on launchpad, during ascent, in kerbin LKO.

There were a lot of exit/ksc return between freeze and thaw.

Alnie & Gregmal aren't visible in KSC's available, assigned or lost crew.

When i say "i can thaw them on kerbin" i mean that relaunching the same "pioneer" vessel with two other kerbals without leaving the launchpad is freeze&thaw compliant, but i didn't get back to KSC between.

persistent.sfs : http://www.filedropper.com/persistent_1 (vessel pioneer on laythe orbit)

logs : http://www.filedropper.com/ksp (cleared logs, started ksp, went into pioneer, tried to thaw gregmal with deepfreeze menu : instant error (no remotetech delay), then tried to thaw alnie with context menu : delayed error (remotetech), then alt-f4.)

I can see that in sfs :

SCENARIO
  {
    name = DeepFreeze
    scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
    DFGameSettings
    {
      Enabled = True
      KerbalInfo
      {
        lastUpdate = 64469020.0097238
        status = Dead
        type = Unowned
        vesselID = eecb8af5-bb85-4ae1-b512-a03b9dc01f7a
        VesselName = pioneer
        partID = 1589011711
        seatIdx = 0
        seatName = Seat1
        experienceTraitName = Scientist
        kerbalName = Gregmal Kerman
      }

[...]

KERBAL
    {
      name = Gregmal Kerman
      gender = Male
      type = Unowned
      trait = Scientist
      brave = 0.2630968
      dumb = 0.1767362
      badS = False
      tour = False
      state = Dead
      ToD = 0
      idx = 0
      CAREER_LOG
      {
        flight = 2
        [...]
      }
      FLIGHT_LOG
      {
        flight = 2
        2 = Flight,Kerbin
      }

Edited by maxix
added information

1 hour ago, maxix said:

Hi,

thanks for your time.

I can't remember when i froze Alnie and Gregmal, but it is one of these 3 : on launchpad, during ascent, in kerbin LKO.

There were a lot of exit/ksc return between freeze and thaw.

Alnie & Gregmal aren't visible in KSC's available, assigned or lost crew.

When i say "i can thaw them on kerbin" i mean that relaunching the same "pioneer" vessel with two other kerbals without leaving the launchpad is freeze&thaw compliant, but i didn't get back to KSC between.

persistent.sfs : http://www.filedropper.com/persistent_1 (vessel pioneer on laythe orbit)

logs : http://www.filedropper.com/ksp (cleared logs, started ksp, went into pioneer, tried to thaw gregmal with deepfreeze menu : instant error (no remotetech delay), then tried to thaw alnie with context menu : delayed error (remotetech), then alt-f4.)

I can see that in sfs :

SCENARIO
  {
    name = DeepFreeze
    scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
    DFGameSettings
    {
      Enabled = True
      KerbalInfo
      {
        lastUpdate = 64469020.0097238
        status = Dead
        type = Unowned
        vesselID = eecb8af5-bb85-4ae1-b512-a03b9dc01f7a
        VesselName = pioneer
        partID = 1589011711
        seatIdx = 0
        seatName = Seat1
        experienceTraitName = Scientist
        kerbalName = Gregmal Kerman
      }

[...]

KERBAL
    {
      name = Gregmal Kerman
      gender = Male
      type = Unowned
      trait = Scientist
      brave = 0.2630968
      dumb = 0.1767362
      badS = False
      tour = False
      state = Dead
      ToD = 0
      idx = 0
      CAREER_LOG
      {
        flight = 2
        [...]
      }
      FLIGHT_LOG
      {
        flight = 2
        2 = Flight,Kerbin
      }

Thanks. I can confirm your Save file looks ok, there is one small thing missing, but that shouldn't matter.
I notice an error with texture replacer following by an error from DeepFreeze, which I now realize is not very helpful as there are 3 places in the code where it issues this message (so I will have to fix that in the next release). You are running Linux, so what I really really need to help you is your player.log file. The ksp.log file is next to useless. Instructions on where to find your player.log can be found here.

What would be even BETTER, like much better, would be if you could go into the DeepFreeze GUI in the space center , then settings, and turn Debug Mode ON (unfortunately this will spam your log like crazy and probably give you the crappiest frame rate imaginable, but it will assist greatly. You can turn debug off again once you capture the log). Then repeat what you did before, i.e. switch to the vessel and try to thaw Gregmal. Capturing the player.log and posting it straight after this would be tremendously beneficial in me being able to assist you.

On 8/2/2016 at 9:59 PM, JPLRepo said:

Thanks. I can confirm your Save file looks ok, there is one small thing missing, but that shouldn't matter.
I notice an error with texture replacer following by an error from DeepFreeze, which I now realize is not very helpful as there are 3 places in the code where it issues this message (so I will have to fix that in the next release). You are running Linux, so what I really really need to help you is your player.log file. The ksp.log file is next to useless. Instructions on where to find your player.log can be found here.

What would be even BETTER, like much better, would be if you could go into the DeepFreeze GUI in the space center , then settings, and turn Debug Mode ON (unfortunately this will spam your log like crazy and probably give you the crappiest frame rate imaginable, but it will assist greatly. You can turn debug off again once you capture the log). Then repeat what you did before, i.e. switch to the vessel and try to thaw Gregmal. Capturing the player.log and posting it straight after this would be tremendously beneficial in me being able to assist you.

Here they are, debug mode on.

player.log : http://www.filedropper.com/player_4
KSP.log : http://www.filedropper.com/ksp_1

21 hours ago, maxix said:

Here they are, debug mode on.

player.log : http://www.filedropper.com/player_4
KSP.log : http://www.filedropper.com/ksp_1

I had a quick look at your logs (busy with real life/work stuff).. And I am not seeing the debug messages I expect to see if debug mode is set on in DeepFreeze. Are you sure you went into the DeepFreeze Settings menu and set "debug mode" ON and then clicked Save and Exit before attempting to do the thaw? Wiki page here.

Hi, 

sorry for the last report, this one should be debug on.

http://www.filedropper.com/player_7

DF.DFIntMemory[FFF62BE8][229.54]: part:CRY-0300RFreezer Has Freezer
DF.DFIntMemory[FFF62BE8][229.54]: CheckVslUpdate complete
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.54]: beginThawKerbal Gregmal Kerman
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.54]: beginThawKerbal has started thawing process
DeepFreezer[][229.56]: ThawActive Kerbal = Gregmal Kerman
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: set type to crew and assigned
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: find the stored crew member
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: frozenkerbal Gregmal Kerman,seatindx=0
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Part has internals
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Checking their seat taken=True
[DeepFreeze][229.56]: Animator Gregmal Kerman for Gregmal Kerman subdued
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Texture Replacer installed. Re-PersonliseKerbal
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Just thawing crew and added to GUIManager
Gregmal Kerman is active
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Expected condition met, kerbal already in their seat.
Exception attempting to add to seat for Gregmal Kerman
Err: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: ThawkerbalAbort called
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: RemoveKerbal Gregmal Kerman seat 0
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Found Kerbal in the stored frozen crew list for this part, critical error. Report this on the forum.
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Crewmember:Gregmal Kerman Seat:0
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Adding New Frozen Crew to dictionary
DF.DFGameSettings[BEE5E100][229.56]: Dump of KnownFrozenKerbals
DF.DFGameSettings[BEE5E100][229.56]: Kerbal = Gregmal Kerman status = Dead type = Unowned vesselID = eecb8af5-bb85-4ae1-b512-a03b9dc01f7a
DF.DFGameSettings[BEE5E100][229.56]: Kerbal = Alnie Kerman status = Dead type = Unowned vesselID = eecb8af5-bb85-4ae1-b512-a03b9dc01f7a
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Time freezewindow started 101132204.620968
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Time freezewindow finished make them invisible 101132204.620968
Save cryopodstatepersistent value True
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: ThawkerbalAbort End
DF.DFIntMemory[FFF62BE8][229.56]: CheckVslUpdate start

9 hours ago, maxix said:

Hi, 

sorry for the last report, this one should be debug on.

http://www.filedropper.com/player_7

DF.DFIntMemory[FFF62BE8][229.54]: part:CRY-0300RFreezer Has Freezer
DF.DFIntMemory[FFF62BE8][229.54]: CheckVslUpdate complete
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.54]: beginThawKerbal Gregmal Kerman
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.54]: beginThawKerbal has started thawing process
DeepFreezer[][229.56]: ThawActive Kerbal = Gregmal Kerman
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: set type to crew and assigned
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: find the stored crew member
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: frozenkerbal Gregmal Kerman,seatindx=0
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Part has internals
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Checking their seat taken=True
[DeepFreeze][229.56]: Animator Gregmal Kerman for Gregmal Kerman subdued
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Texture Replacer installed. Re-PersonliseKerbal
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Just thawing crew and added to GUIManager
Gregmal Kerman is active
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Expected condition met, kerbal already in their seat.
Exception attempting to add to seat for Gregmal Kerman
Err: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: ThawkerbalAbort called
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: RemoveKerbal Gregmal Kerman seat 0
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Found Kerbal in the stored frozen crew list for this part, critical error. Report this on the forum.
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Crewmember:Gregmal Kerman Seat:0
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Adding New Frozen Crew to dictionary
DF.DFGameSettings[BEE5E100][229.56]: Dump of KnownFrozenKerbals
DF.DFGameSettings[BEE5E100][229.56]: Kerbal = Gregmal Kerman status = Dead type = Unowned vesselID = eecb8af5-bb85-4ae1-b512-a03b9dc01f7a
DF.DFGameSettings[BEE5E100][229.56]: Kerbal = Alnie Kerman status = Dead type = Unowned vesselID = eecb8af5-bb85-4ae1-b512-a03b9dc01f7a
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Time freezewindow started 101132204.620968
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: Time freezewindow finished make them invisible 101132204.620968
Save cryopodstatepersistent value True
DF.DeepFreezer[FFF6C042][229.56]: ThawkerbalAbort End
DF.DFIntMemory[FFF62BE8][229.56]: CheckVslUpdate start

@maxix Thanks for that, one step closer.
I think I might have a fix for you. Can you try this Dev DLL. Just click "View Raw" on the screen that comes up when you click the link.
This will download the DLL file. Replace \GameData\REPOSoftTech\DeepFreeze\Plugins\DeepFreeze.dll with this file and try thawing Gregmal again.
If it works Great! I'll publish the fix. If it doesn't work, I've added more debug messages to help track it down some more, so if it doesn't work if you could try again with Debug Switched ON again as before and send my your player log again. Thanks.

6 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

@maxix Thanks for that, one step closer.
I think I might have a fix for you. Can you try this Dev DLL. Just click "View Raw" on the screen that comes up when you click the link.
This will download the DLL file. Replace \GameData\REPOSoftTech\DeepFreeze\Plugins\DeepFreeze.dll with this file and try thawing Gregmal again.
If it works Great! I'll publish the fix. If it doesn't work, I've added more debug messages to help track it down some more, so if it doesn't work if you could try again with Debug Switched ON again as before and send my your player log again. Thanks.

It worked! Gregmal and Alnie are fine, they started yelling at the KSC since they found out that they have been sleeping 4 years more than what was planned, but as Gene explains them how great it is to discover a new bug that will save another kermans and that it's all about them, they start to feel more confident about their return trip.

Thank you JPLRepo :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.