[1.12.x] DeepFreeze (v0.31.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

• 2 weeks later...
Using 0.19.2, since I'm still running KSP 1.0.4. But from the changelog it seems like 0.19.3 is just a recompile for 1.0.5?

Just experienced this problem on a mission. So I was wondering if it was the ship design. But this little construction already gives me a NullReferenceException when EVA.
Didn't find any related search result on Google or here. So I'm wondering if I'm the only one?

[spoiler="Ship"][img]http://i.imgur.com/9N7JlhS.png[/img][/spoiler]

[spoiler="NullReferenceException in Log"][img]http://i.imgur.com/Mv0zYiz.png[/img][/spoiler]

Log file excerpt:
[code][EVAPartResource] Caught OnCrewOnEva event to part () containing this resource (ElectricCharge)

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

OnCrewOnEva 64983316-5c6a-462f-b872-8741998ac728 2389534455

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DF.DeepFreezer.OnCrewTransferred (HostedFromToAction`2 fromToAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[GameEvents+HostedFromToAction`2[ProtoCrewMember,Part]].Fire (HostedFromToAction`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightEVA.onGoForEVA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightEVA.spawnEVA (.ProtoCrewMember pCrew, .Part fromPart, UnityEngine.Transform fromAirlock) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightEVA.SpawnEVA (.Kerbal crew) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kerbal.DrawEVAButton (Rect avatarRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kerbal.DrawGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalGUIManager.drawGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper delegate-invoke) RUIToggleButton/OnDisable:invoke_void__this__ ()
at RenderingManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 [/code]

This error causes the camera not to switch to the EVA'd Kerbal. And getting back into ship isn't possible either. You basically "clone" the Kerbal when trying to get back to ship. One Kerbal is shown as sitting in the ship and the same Kerbal is still on EVA.

[quote name='nuclearping']Using 0.19.2, since I'm still running KSP 1.0.4. But from the changelog it seems like 0.19.3 is just a recompile for 1.0.5?

Just experienced this problem on a mission. So I was wondering if it was the ship design. But this little construction already gives me a NullReferenceException when EVA.
Didn't find any related search result on Google or here. So I'm wondering if I'm the only one?

<snip>

This error causes the camera not to switch to the EVA'd Kerbal. And getting back into ship isn't possible either. You basically "clone" the Kerbal when trying to get back to ship. One Kerbal is shown as sitting in the ship and the same Kerbal is still on EVA.[/QUOTE]

So you launched this vessel with a Mk-1 pod and CRY-0300 and there was just the one kerbal in the Mk-1 pod? and you EVA them and get this error?? Just trying to get the conditions right for when you got this error? you say it is happening no matter what the vessel (for vessels with DeepFreeze parts)?? and you are running on Linux.
I only have MAC OS-X and Windows. If I can't reproduce the error I may need your full log.

EDIT: I am unable to reproduce this error. I have no Issues EVAing a kerbal from a vessel with DeepFreeze parts.
Please follow these [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29"]instructions[/URL] and supply full detailed log. Edited by JPLRepo

[quote name='More Boosters']Do the pods consume electricity when keeping the kerbals refrigerated?[/QUOTE]

There is an option in the Settings menu to turn this on. (EC required for Freezer Operation). running out of EC will cause the frozen kerbals to die.. unless you also turn off the EC Fatal option. In which case they will be emergency thawed and be comatose for a period of time if you run out of EC. The GUI will then show EC usage and estimated time before running out. And will pop-up and allow you to switch to a vessel before it runs out of EC.

[quote name='JPLRepo']So you launched this vessel with a Mk-1 pod and CRY-0300 and there was just the one kerbal in the Mk-1 pod? and you EVA them and get this error?? Just trying to get the conditions right for when you got this error? you say it is happening no matter what the vessel (for vessels with DeepFreeze parts)?? and you are running on Linux.
I only have MAC OS-X and Windows. If I can't reproduce the error I may need your full log.

EDIT: I am unable to reproduce this error. I have no Issues EVAing a kerbal from a vessel with DeepFreeze parts.
Please follow these [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29"]instructions[/URL] and supply full detailed log.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking into this. Yes, I'm running on Linux. And yes, just that simple vessel. A MK1 pod, a CRY-0300, 2 batteries and 2 glykol tanks. And as soon as I EVA I get this NullReferenceException.

But I just tested a clean KSP 1.0.4 install just with the 0.19.2 of DF and EVA works there. So it must be some interference with some other mod. But which ... Because EVA without any DF parts works. :huh:

[b]EDIT[/b]

Found the responsible mod. It was an outdated version of ShipManifest. Updated it to latest version for 1.0.4, works. All is fine now. :) Edited by nuclearping

[quote name='nuclearping']Thanks for looking into this. Yes, I'm running on Linux. And yes, just that simple vessel. A MK1 pod, a CRY-0300, 2 batteries and 2 glykol tanks. And as soon as I EVA I get this NullReferenceException.

But I just tested a clean KSP 1.0.4 install just with the 0.19.2 of DF and EVA works there. So it must be some interference with some other mod. But which ... Because EVA without any DF parts works. :huh:

[B]EDIT[/B]

Found the responsible mod. It was an outdated version of ShipManifest. Updated it to latest version for 1.0.4, works. All is fine now. :)[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, of course. You were on 1.0.4. I removed the notice from the DF OP saying DF was incompatible with SM versions lower than 4.4.2.0. As it now works with latest versions. Glad you found the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Working on the next release. It is getting very close. All the code changes and testing is done. All that is left is MerlinsMaster is just finishing the textures on the new CRY-0300R part. I am planning to release it before the end of this week. At the end of this week I will be going on my annual vacation and there will be no further updates until 2016 when I return after New Year. 

Proposed Changelog at this stage:

V0.20.0.0 "External Radial Pods"
Added new Radial External Cryopod - The CRY-0300R. A single kerbal Cryopod part that can be radially attached. The CRY-0300R also has an attach point at the top of the pod.
Great for adding radial pods to your vessel or inside a SpacePlane CargoBay! Fits inside the Mk-2 & Mk-3 Cargo bays, the part does clip through the base of cargo bays as it is primarily designed to attach to the outside of a curved part. However, if you get creative you can fit it into a Cargo bay using girders or octaganol struts.
The CRY-0300R supports RasterPropMonitor transparent pods (yes it's transparent if you have RPM installed).
The CRY-0300R also has an external EVA hatch. The CRY-0300R only weighs 0.87t (the full CRY-0300 weights 2.62t) and appears in the TechTree at spaceExploration (same as the CRY-0300).
This now completes the set of all the originally planned DeepFreeze parts.
MerlinsMaster has re-textured more details into all the Cryopods.
Fixed Pod transparency for the CRY-0300 (and the CRY-0300R) based on RPM transparency setting in flight and also now works in the Editor (VAB/SPH). However, due to the complications of DeepFreeze parts transparency can either be ON or OFF (RPM AUTO setting is treated as Transparency OFF).
Fixed bug where the External Door Open/Close sound effect was not working for the CRY-0300.
Rationalis(z)ed all the part models and textures into one folder, as a lot of them are shared. This will save some memory. Thanks goes to khr15714n for kicking me into doing this as I have been meaning to for a while.
Due to this however, if you are upgrading from a previous version of DeepFreeze you MUST delete the /GameData/REPOSoftTech/DeepFreeze entirely BEFORE installing this version. If you want to save your DeepFreeze settings make a backup/copy of /GameData/REPOSoftTech/DeepFreeze/Plugins/Config.cfg file BEFORE deleting your DeepFreeze folder then copy you backup/copy of this file back into the /GameData/REPOSoftTech/DeepFreeze/Plugins folder once you have upgraded.
Edited by JPLRepo

V0.20.0.0 released. Refer to the OP for download links and please read the changelog and install instructions. I'll update the pics/imgur etc when I have some more time.

Please ensure you DELETE previous installs before updating as a number of files and folders have been changed.

K52i0TH.png

New CRY-0300R perfect for radial attachment on the outside or even inside cargo bays for spaceplanes. (This is actually a WIP picture, missing a few details).

Edited by JPLRepo

9 hours ago, Snarfster said:

Looks excellent!

Is there any way for the kerbal in the CRY-0300R to remove the spacesuit and use the same suit as the internals?

The picture above and in the imgur library is actually a WIP picture. I will do some new pictures and update the albums when I have some more time.
It was a design decision to leave the helmet on given the external/radial design of the part. the CRY-0300 automatically changes the kerbals to remove their helmets when it's door is closed. When it is open they have their helmets on.
For the CRY-0300R they will always have their helmet on.
But you can change this behavior so they don't have helmets edit this file using any text editor:
/GameData/REPOSoftTech/DeepFreeze/Spaces/Cry-0300Rinternal.cfg

Change the line:

allowCrewHelmet = true

to:

allowCrewHelmet = false

Edited by JPLRepo

On 13 December 2015 at 5:06:51 AM, Snarfster said:

Just a thing, when mounting the CRY 0300R (the radial one) a few sound effects play followed by a quite annoying beep. The beep lasts around 20 seconds then stops. Apart from that, love the mod :)

Ok thanks for that I will investigate. It's a busy time of the year and I am currently on holidays. So I won't be able to look at this until I get back home around New Years. Until then turn the sound down? :) and don't panic. Does the sounds only occur in the editor? Does it occur in flight:on launch as well?

TaranisElsu has done a merge/re-compile for DeepFreeze TACLS compatibility with the latest TACLS release. It is un-tested, if you have problems report them here rather than on the TACLS thread. Details here. Download link here.

Once I get back from my holidays I will work on an upgraded DeepFreeze API for TACLS to use. In the meantime you can use the un-tested release links TaranisElsu has done above.

Update 3/2/2016: The link above and TaranisElsu's version do not work.
I have published a new push to TaranisElsu with a new DeepFreeze API that works, and I have tested it.
To use DeepFreeze with TACLS first install TACLS V0.11.2.1. Then download this DLL file and replace it in your GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport folder. Make sure you replace the DLL file.
Source code for my version is found here, I am awaiting TaranisElsu to take my change and publish in his next version.

Edited by JPLRepo

20 hours ago, CylonRaider said:

Hi, love this mod. I was just wondering if the Kerbal tourists for the contract mission are able to be frozen?  I've tried with no luck but I can freeze all the normal Kerbals.

No - currently you can only thaw/freeze crew. I wasn't aware of any tourist contracts that would necessitate DeepFreeze freezing of said tourists (given I never actually play career mode). Is there contracts that go beyond Kerbin's SOI that would make sense to do this? If this is a sought after feature I can investigate adding ability to freeze/thaw tourists.

On 12/19/2015 at 11:35 PM, JPLRepo said:

No - currently you can only thaw/freeze crew. I wasn't aware of any tourist contracts that would necessitate DeepFreeze freezing of said tourists (given I never actually play career mode). Is there contracts that go beyond Kerbin's SOI that would make sense to do this? If this is a sought after feature I can investigate adding ability to freeze/thaw tourists.

The combination of LS and long distance contracts could make it interesting, however, if a tourist crosses a boundary whilst frozen, the game will not recognize the achievement. Let's say, solar orbit is on the list, freeze him in kerbin orbit, thaw in duna orbit, the whole solar orbit part will not be recognized. Not really an issue, since the tourist was a piece of ice at the time.

hey will there be a sort of timer function added? so you can have your kerbs frozen to a certain period of time, or to a certain number of minutes or second before a manuever node? because for some reason the RT status indicator underneath MET is N/A, and i cant access the flight control or whatever its called to time a thawing of my kerbals, which i havent yet frozen.

1 hour ago, 123nick said:

hey will there be a sort of timer function added? so you can have your kerbs frozen to a certain period of time, or to a certain number of minutes or second before a manuever node? because for some reason the RT status indicator underneath MET is N/A, and i cant access the flight control or whatever its called to time a thawing of my kerbals, which i havent yet frozen.

I'm not following your entire query. Re: Timer function- you can add a KAC alarm based on whatever you like that KAC supports (time, SOI change, man node, etc) and then set freeze thaw commands that are attached to the KAC alarm (assuming you have KAC installed). Re: RT status. You cannot issue Deepfreeze commands to a vessel that has no RT connection or thawed kerbal on-board. N/A usually means you don't have RT installed? Hence my first comment not sure I am following your query?

30 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I'm not following your entire query. Re: Timer function- you can add a KAC alarm based on whatever you like that KAC supports (time, SOI change, man node, etc) and then set freeze thaw commands that are attached to the KAC alarm (assuming you have KAC installed). Re: RT status. You cannot issue Deepfreeze commands to a vessel that has no RT connection or thawed kerbal on-board. N/A usually means you don't have RT installed? Hence my first comment not sure I am following your query?

oh its just that i dont use KAC, but if you can actually have the cryogenic part thaw whenever the KAC alarm comes around, i might need to try it out. its just that, if i freeze a kerbal, and i dont have any RT connection to send a signal, wouldnt it be impossible to thaw him again? but if you have a timer, then you can set when he will automatically thaw, right? so a timer function would be useful?

11 minutes ago, 123nick said:

oh its just that i dont use KAC, but if you can actually have the cryogenic part thaw whenever the KAC alarm comes around, i might need to try it out. its just that, if i freeze a kerbal, and i dont have any RT connection to send a signal, wouldnt it be impossible to thaw him again? but if you have a timer, then you can set when he will automatically thaw, right? so a timer function would be useful?

Yes that is correct. With KAC installed you can attach freeze/thaw commands to any KAC alarm. These will execute regardless of your Remote Tech status. But you Must have a RT connection or active Kerbal when you create and attach the freeze /thaw commands to the alarm.

Just now, JPLRepo said:

Yes that is correct. With KAC installed you can attach freeze/thaw commands to any KAC alarm. These will execute regardless of your Remote Tech status. But you Must have a RT connection or active Kerbal when you create and attach the freeze /thaw commands to the alarm.

ok, thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.