Mechjeb or KER?

I just found KER being very tacky. Especially during VAB. I dont like it giving me descriptions of everything.
I see you haven't discovered the "Settings" button in the VAB...

I personally find MechJeb easier to use, and you can disable the autopilots, but the maneuver node editor and Smart SAS are very useful features that KER does not have, so if you get KER you should get an SAS mod and Precise Node

I use both.

Mostly out of habit, since before, KER had excellent VAB/SPH capabilities that MJ did not, but even in 1.0, I still feel that KER is better in the VAB/SPH while MJ is useful for its piloting functions. Yes, I'm a dirty cheater that autopilots, but I love being able to multitask, e.g., browsing the net or getting a drink, allowing MJ to do the burns for me (I do all the landings, space constructions, and dockings myself though...).

Also, since OP mentioned career, KER does not really have tech tree nodes. The majority (if not all) of its functions are actually available from the start. The VAB/SPH functions are all available. The flight readouts are also all available... provided you have an Engineer kerbal in the vessel. MJ, however, just requires the case, but it also has tech tree nodes to unlock the various functions (and advanced autopiloting is down the line, so if anything, you can say you earned it).

Edited by Box of Stardust

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.