Thank you Squad, .15 is a ton of fun

Eumaeus

I want to start a thread of positive feedback to thank all of you at Squad for the hard work you guys have put in .15. I know you guys worked weekends, long hours, and I am sure it was extremely stressful.

Here is some specific positive feedback (sorry if I missed anyone):

Harvester: You have been great at communicating the current state of patches, especially .15. I am very impressed with the patched Conics! There have been many maneuvers to the Mun and Minmun I wouldn\'t have been able to do without it.

C7: Your blog has been amazing to follow, you are great at communicating! Please continue writing. The parts you created have been so much fun to use.

Jacob, Marco and Harvester: The Space Plane Hanger Facility is really great! I like the animations in the background, it makes the facility feel alive.

Alex: I downloaded .15 in about 5 minutes on patchday with no disconnects. ;D Thank you!!!

Mu: I don\'t know what the Part Model Toolset is, but could someone chime in on what they like about this?

Daniel: I also dont know what the Kerbal Model Setup is, can someone chime on what they like about this, too?

I don\'t know who made Minmun but it\'s AWESOME!! I like how it is a challenge to find a good spot to land. Wonderful surprise. Could the community know who made it so we can give them positive feedback?

Please let the team know what you like about this patch. I would like this thread to have what people specifically enjoy about Squad\'s .15 patch!

The best thing is the wide range, when you let loose your fantasy you can imagine how much KSP can end up being useful for, it\'s mind-blowing, and when it gets there, it will be much bigger community wise, perhaps we can even reach an early minecraft stage of attention.

I love the spaceplane hangar so much, and I\'m warming to the Patched Conics display now that I\'ve worked out how to use it. The runway and SPH are both looking fantastic and to be honest I\'d just like to thank the whole Squad team for working like robots to get this update out to us. Now I\'ve got a week or so to enjoy it between bouts of revision and it makes life much easier ;D

Volt, I removed the double post for you :)

Mu: I don\'t know what the Part Model Toolset is, but could someone chime in on what they like about this?

-- The part model toolset allows modders to use animation in their parts, in addition they can now do modern effects, such as emissive maps (lets things emit light and glow), normal maps(gives the perception of detail by affecting lighting), and specular maps (affects the reflectivity of objects). Furthermore they can now specify multiple colliding objects for one part. So things like bay doors become possible. This is a huge feature!

Daniel: I also dont know what the Kerbal Model Setup is, can someone chime on what they like about this, too?

--This is the first crucial step to fully animated kerbals. What can you do with an animated Kerbal? Oh... you\'ll find out :D. Sufficient to say, he\'s been hard at work creating a lot of awesome animations. I think everyone is going to be very pleased with his work. But it does require a lot of setup before the payoff.

I don\'t know who made Minmun but it\'s AWESOME!!

- That was a joint effort between Mu and Harvester, Mu set up the planet and Harvester implemented it into the game, along with setting its orbital parameters!

Also, expect an easier to read, better managed blog this time :). I\'ll also be working on tutorials for the new features in my spare time.

Also, expect an easier to read, better managed blog this time :). I\'ll also be working on tutorials for the new features in my spare time.

Great! I stopped reading \'cause I didn\'t want to search the updates through all the dozens of posts.

I think I must rejoin. Here are three features that brought me the most of fun in 0.15:

-Space Plane Hangar. Bilateral symmetry, incidence/dihedron angles fine tuning (<Shift + WASDQE> keys) and trims finally allowed me to build a really stable airplane. Flying and landing without an ASAS! And with no joystick. :thumbup:

-Patched Conics. Wheeeee-he, slingshots rock! A couple of \'em and you\'re out of Solar system! I doubt I could ever perform a single slingshot maneuver without a patched conics display. 8)

-Part Tools. Yep, mainly the normal mapping support. Twice as much details in my future models... with twice as less efforts ;) (\'cause imitating a surface structure with generic Diffuse shader was a real pain in the butt; Bumped shaders allow for much easier solutions).

Thanks guys! :thumbup:

I feel the desire to join this cheering section. Hip, hip, hooray! Much as I never expect to get bored of KSP, I have to say the features in .15 are like the surprise cream filling in a donut. I\'ve been having so much fun playing with the jet engines on ballistic rockets, I haven\'t even really hit on the others, yet.

Volt, I removed the double post for you :)

Ahh, sorry, I thought that might happen. The editor was messing with me and when I checked the post back I\'d only posted once. Thanks for fixing it. ::)

I\'m also amazed at 0.15, it turned out to be much better than i\'d hoped. space-planes and the improvements to the VAB in general have really been great. The patched conics system is also good.

A tip, to everyone, go into the settings text file in your KSP folder, and change the patched conics patch number to 3-4. That way you not only get to see the next path, but the path after that. in other words, you can see in real time how a munar flybly will actually effect your orbit after the fact. Really neat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.