Project Jumper - Jump Jets & VTOLs for Shucks [ARMED RELEASES FOR PROJECT JUMPER!]

xNQ7yEx.png

FROM THE CONCEPTS OF....

Raptor%20Aerospace%20Black%20Logo%20amp%20Letters%20TITLE%20THREAD_zps8upz3kb5.jpg

gABXCyr.png

The Controversies of Blackbird Aviation.

In response to a sudden demand for Short Takeoff Or Landing (STOL) aircraft, Blackbird Aviation took yet another turn in dedicated development and commenced Project Jumper. Although mostly sidelined due to priorities of Project Raven and Project Blackbird, the Jumper Project became an another active program that required the expenses of dozens of kerbal engineers and testees, being that Blackbird Aviation at that time, was very all-new with the concept of a VTOL. This may or may not be the main reason why Blackbird Aviation started adopting foreign models again and developing it as their own.

Project Jumper saw a jump with the adopted Joint Strike Fighter, from unknown origins, such that development was kickstarted after some time in the closet. Perhaps the reason why Project Jumper was given less priority is because of its origins, where Blackbird Aviation CEO did not approve of a project coming from foreign origins (despite the fact that Blackbird Aviation started in the exact same method). Nonetheless, supporters of Project Jumper continued development behind executive eyes until they were able to whip out the B-X07 Joint Strike Fighter, which when revealed to Blackbird Head Office, was instantly disapproved.

It was only that Project Jumper supporters were able to sneak the B-X07 JSF into the catalog and got a whopping success in sellouts, did the Blackbird CEO became forced to recognize the project, although half-heartedly. And when the B-X08 Joint Strike Harrier was whipped out, origins coming from an adopted model named the Joint Strike Fighter II, Blackbird Heads Office forcefully shutdown the project to prevent further hassles. But Project Jumper already made their case, the B-X07 JSF and B-X08 JSH were out, and they were surprisingly doing well for marketing demands.

Project Status : Rebelliously Active (Dang supporters)

Project Budget : [uNALLOCATED]

Project Spending : ---

Project Earnings : ---

Project Head : Some should-be-fired engineer

Project Priority : NOT PRIORITIZED

PARTICIPATING COMPANIES

Companies Collaborating

xNQ7yEx.png

Raptor%20Aerospace%20Black%20Logo%20amp%20Letters%20TITLE%20THREAD_zps8upz3kb5.jpg

PARTICIPATING USERS

Individuals Participating

USERNAMES

Green - Permission Granted

Yellow - Permission Pending

Red - Permission Denied

CRAFTS

Green - Post Finished

Yellow - Post In progress

Red - Post Canceled

[NONE]

THE BLACKBOARD

Announcements & Notices

ARMED VERSIONS FOR PROJECT JUMPER BY KME!

(CLICK ON THE BANNER)

GU6BQlP.png

BY

KERBAL MILITARY ENGINEERING

4Q7Y14H.png?1

THE BLACKLIST

Model listing from

[APEX] -> [CONTENDER] -> [LEGACY]

(CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR DOWNLOADS!)

[APEX]

Top birds of the Niche

LIuWqy8.pngGU6BQlP.png

LIuWqy8.png

The Blackbird B-X28 Halo King is the latest in Project Jumper's lineup, and what is it? Well, what would you think of a, modular helicopter? Because that's essentially the B-X28. Capable of having modules swapped in and out from demand seems to be the new trend of engineering, and what better way to integrate such an engineering feat than with STOL/VTOLs? Not only would it look super sick, it'll also have the ability to become whatever you want it to be.

The B-X28 Halo King is not the intended successor to the B-X07b and the B-X08b, for its size is quite far from the two initial models. Notably, the B-X28 Halo King is more effective for long range operations rather than ferry-distance flights, and luckily it would come with the best of crew comfort modules for those kinds of endeavors, depending on the one responsible for swapping the modules.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Spatial Specs :

Crew : 2 (Modular up to 18)

Mass : 38.2t

Dry Mass : 29.26

Dimensions :

H : 6.0

W : 9.0

L : 21.0

Powerplant Specs:

4 180N Turbojet

1 PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoeletric Generator

Electric Charge Capacity : 405

Monopropellant Capacity : 15

Liquid Fuel Capacity : 1780

Oxidizer Capacity : 1100

Intake Air Capacity : 6.8

Performance :

General:

TWR : 0.89 / 1.99 Max

Take Off Thrust Level : 350kN

Maximum Torque : 450kNm

Part Count : 144

Cost : $164,106

Atmospheric:

Maximum Atmospheric Thrust : 564.98kN

Maximum Atmospheric Cruising Speed : 150m/s at 14,000m

Maximum Atmospheric Cruising Altitude : 14,000m

Maximum Atmospheric Range : 33,399m/s delta-v, 7h 55m 32.6s Flight Time

Control Groups

3 - Toggle Turbojet

GU6BQlP.png

The Blackbird B-X25 Hawker is the top bird of Project Jumper's STOL/VTOL aircraft line. Intended as a long range STOL/VTOL to be used for reconnaissance and, other things, the B-X25 Hawker gets the job done with its fast, easy, and reliable flight & control profile. Serving as the replacement for all previous, controversial, legacy models, the B-X25 is capable of landing in uneven surfaces with its hepta-point landing gear set-up, and maintains air superiority at high altitudes with its super kickback turbojets.

And the most notable of the B-X25 of course, is its aerodynamic frame. Aside from, the signature jump jet, having cues from Project Infinity brings the B-X25 with a full 360* wide visor for maximum visibility (that comes in handy for most VTOLs) as well as streamlined light plating around its body, for withstanding things. The easy-peasy controls of the B-X25 are also a main feature, so you can go grab a Hawker and show off to your friends your mad VTOL skills. Blackbird Aviation does not have responsibility over any damages done under this aircraft.

Spatial Specs :

Crew : 2

Mass : 38.7

Dry Mass : 26.4

Dimensions :

H : 5.6

W : 14.6

L : 17.2

Powerplant Specs:

4 180N Basic Jets, 4 180N Turbojet

Electric Charge Capacity : 305

Monopropellant Capacity : 15

Liquid Fuel Capacity : 2,460

Oxidizer Capacity : 1,100

Intake Air Capacity : 7.2

Performance :

General:

TWR : 3.11 / 3.46 Max

Take Off Thrust Level : 480kN

Maximum Torque : 134kNm

Part Count : 150

Cost : $135,250

Atmospheric:

Maximum Atmospheric Thrust : 1,179.98kN

Maximum Atmospheric Cruising Speed : 350m/s at 13,500m

Maximum Atmospheric Cruising Altitude : 13,500m

Maximum Atmospheric Range : 38,185m/s delta-v, 8h 1m 54.9s Flight Time

Control Groups

3 - Toggle Basic Jets

4 - Toggle Turbjojet

[CONTENDER]

Capable, Competing, Collection

1xi7hyX.png

T2Kcuim.png

1xi7hyX.png

The Blackbird B-X80b Halo is the swap-out for the B-X08, and just like its predecessor, an alternative to the B-X07b, shorter range, more seats, and a KLAW for lifting utilities. More powerful than the B-X07b, but not meant for long range operations, the B-X08b has four stabilizing engine frames for the maximum of control and maneuverability.

Heavier, slower, more contending to master, yet having more lifting power and capacity, the B-X08b Halo is of your selection for a reliable STOL/VTOL transport or utility vehicle. Having spaces for up to 15 heads means there's less trips for a drop-in, and having a KLAW means you could either play air-grabber or land on water-borne ships with a sure-ball latch on, all in the vicinity of this slightly compact VTOL.

Spatial Specs :

Crew : 16

Mass : 19.9

Dry Mass : 17.6

Dimensions :

H : 4.5

W : 7.4

L : 13.1

Powerplant Specs:

4 180N Basic Jets, 1 180N Turbojet

2 PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoeletric Generator

Electric Charge Capacity : 300

Monopropellant Capacity : 22.5

Liquid Fuel Capacity : 450

Oxidizer Capacity : 550

Intake Air Capacity : 5.4

Performance :

General:

TWR : 3.28 / 3.47 Max

Take Off Thrust Level : 160kN

Maximum Torque : 116kNm

Part Count : 133

Cost : $112,414

Atmospheric:

Maximum Atmospheric Thrust : 180.00kN

Maximum Atmospheric Cruising Speed : 100m/s at 15,000m

Maximum Atmospheric Cruising Altitude : 15,000m

Maximum Atmospheric Range : 11,968m/s delta-v, 3h 29m 12.8s Flight Time

Control Groups

3 - Toggle Basic Jets

4 - Toggle Turbjojet

5 - Toggle KLAW

T2Kcuim.png

The reboot of Blackbird's Project Jumper opted our dearest Head Offices to scrap any controversies and start fresh. Fresh out of the heads of Blackbird's partner comoanies, the Blackbird B-X07b Helo is an STOL/VTOL capable of quick transports of up to 12 heads from various places. A candidate for STOL/VTOL Air Superiority, because the B-X07b is well capable of pulling off the maneuvers and loops with its fast translation in horizontal flights. Well balanced in all fuel levels means that the B-X07b is reliable to until scrapping fuel under the barrels, and all you need to worry about is the pilot.

Light, fast, and easy to master, the B-X07b is an art of engineering done by the partners of Blackbird Aviation, it's not called "stealing" when you give credit to the origins, right?

Spatial Specs :

Crew : 12

Mass : 16.6

Dry Mass : 12.9

Dimensions :

H : 3.5

W : 8.4

L : 13.5

Powerplant Specs:

2 180N Basic Jets, 1 180N Turbojet

Electric Charge Capacity : 55

Monopropellant Capacity : 7.5

Liquid Fuel Capacity : 720

Oxidizer Capacity : 880

Intake Air Capacity : 2.7

Performance :

General:

TWR : 1.11 / 1.47 Max

Take Off Thrust Level : 160kN

Maximum Torque : 34.0kNm

Part Count : 104

Cost : $74,260

Atmospheric:

Maximum Atmospheric Thrust : 180.00kN

Maximum Atmospheric Cruising Speed : 100m/s at 15,000m

Maximum Atmospheric Cruising Altitude : 15,000m

Maximum Atmospheric Range : 19,219m/s delta-v, 6h 58m 25.5s Flight Time

Control Groups

3 - Toggle Basic Jets

4 - Toggle Turbjojet

[LEGACY]

The Backbones of Blackbird

UTUnnFu.png

dgivWXl.png

UTUnnFu.png

[LEGACY]

The Blackbird B-X08 Joint Strike Harrier may not necessarily be called the up-step to the B-X08 JSF, but rather a far more advanced alternative. The B-X08 JSH is capable of VTOL due to a revolutionary yet still in the makings configuration of jet engines the the blue prints of aircraft.

The B-X08 does however, lack the upgraded basic engine fitted in the B-X07, and this is because of no particularly complicated reason other than marketing investments.

dgivWXl.png

[LEGACY]

The Blackbird B-X07 Joint Strike Fighter, or JSF, is a very fast and very maneuverable aircraft. Being very efficient with its upgraded basic engine, and its fuel consumption, the B-X07 is truly a fighter in Aviation competition.

However, the B-X07 did come from controversial origins, and the main reason why it's here in the catalog is that it got snuck in by some pesky supporters of the program.

Edited by SHiftER2O

So many interesting craft man! I love the surface craft too. That radar tower is neat.

Very creative use of parts too, keep it up dude!

I could plan on making those surface crafts available for download, but then you'd need hyperedit...

Well, they were more or less aesthetics :D

i actually liked the X07b helo the most. sleek design and cool ascetics. reminds me of the helis from avatar (the movie). the X25 looks like it could use more horizontal engines and less vertical ones but i dont know how much it weighs right now i can only assume it's more of a fighter bomber then an air superiority fighter. in general i didnt like the X08b i dont know why i think it's the hull which is in my opinion ugly (well it's a transporter not a fighter so...) plus at non of your photos of it it was intact so that's something too. but in all great job on these planes you always have good looking ones (i didnt look into their performances)

These are amazing craft! Do you happen to have some BD weaponized versions?

In the future, we would be releasing armed versions under KME :D

For now, after the thread's done, you best knock yourself out with arming ;)

- - - Updated - - -

i actually liked the X07b helo the most. sleek design and cool ascetics. reminds me of the helis from avatar (the movie). the X25 looks like it could use more horizontal engines and less vertical ones but i dont know how much it weighs right now i can only assume it's more of a fighter bomber then an air superiority fighter. in general i didnt like the X08b i dont know why i think it's the hull which is in my opinion ugly (well it's a transporter not a fighter so...) plus at non of your photos of it it was intact so that's something too. but in all great job on these planes you always have good looking ones (i didnt look into their performances)

We greatly thank you for the detailed feedback :D

The B-X07b serves exactly that purpose of a sleek transport, notably faster and lighter than the B-X08b. The B-X08b, rough as it is, is basically a mash-up between a transport vehicle and a sky crane, we will be sure to add more preview images for the B-X08b, or improve aesthetics :D The B-X25 as of now weighs in a total of 52.5tons, something that isn't VTOL friendly. In terms of performance, the B-X25 can at most achieve speeds of 250m/s as of now, but has a high atmospheric delta-V, a range of 6h and 32mins from point A to point B. We are having debates on whether we should make the B-X25 lighter, faster, and less heavier, which also decreases range, for air superiority, your feedback would surely help :D

We greatly thank you for the detailed feedback :D

The B-X07b serves exactly that purpose of a sleek transport, notably faster and lighter than the B-X08b. The B-X08b, rough as it is, is basically a mash-up between a transport vehicle and a sky crane, we will be sure to add more preview images for the B-X08b, or improve aesthetics :D The B-X25 as of now weighs in a total of 52.5tons, something that isn't VTOL friendly. In terms of performance, the B-X25 can at most achieve speeds of 250m/s as of now, but has a high atmospheric delta-V, a range of 6h and 32mins from point A to point B. We are having debates on whether we should make the B-X25 lighter, faster, and less heavier, which also decreases range, for air superiority, your feedback would surely help :D

yeah the crafts look the part for their purposes. about the B-X25 i would make a lighter version because i cant really understand where is all the weight. for performance well if you are going to have the craft stay low have it with the regular jets but also up their number to at least 3 (well depends on the mass) VTOLs with more then jet engines are really wonky with fuel balance and i currently gravitate towards Tiny, light, air superiority VTOLs for my carrier (80*20 meters at under 700 parts) since it dosnt like/it's hard to land large planes on it. should be able to carry about 20-24 of my latest VTOL (only 6 meters wide) and about 6-10 of the B-X25 (well the weight might make it sink/break). plus i have come to the conclusion that most aircrafts reach to a maximum speed of 75 m/s and about 5 G's at their tightest turning circles (controls all maxed at one axis as the circle is perpendicular to the ground) because of the aerodynamics. (i miss my 20+G's at full turn planes...) so really if you get there it's really hard to push through it if it's even possible at all.

yeah the crafts look the part for their purposes. about the B-X25 i would make a lighter version because i cant really understand where is all the weight. for performance well if you are going to have the craft stay low have it with the regular jets but also up their number to at least 3 (well depends on the mass) VTOLs with more then jet engines are really wonky with fuel balance and i currently gravitate towards Tiny, light, air superiority VTOLs for my carrier (80*20 meters at under 700 parts) since it dosnt like/it's hard to land large planes on it. should be able to carry about 20-24 of my latest VTOL (only 6 meters wide) and about 6-10 of the B-X25 (well the weight might make it sink/break). plus i have come to the conclusion that most aircrafts reach to a maximum speed of 75 m/s and about 5 G's at their tightest turning circles (controls all maxed at one axis as the circle is perpendicular to the ground) because of the aerodynamics. (i miss my 20+G's at full turn planes...) so really if you get there it's really hard to push through it if it's even possible at all.

I do have experience with, aircraft function other than making forms, so bear with me here :D

The weight comes from the fuel of course, if you notice, the B-X25's body is covered with wings, because it uses multiple FL tanks rather than the Mk2 fuselage, all which have been crafted to maintain a steady CoM at all fuel levels. We use basic jets as the VTOL engines since, it is well suited for low altitudes, and we utilize the turbojets for the B-X25 to be able to have a wider scope of altitude range, which means that if we ever want to go somewhere faster, we just fly high and let the turbojets do the work. The vertical and horizontal jets are separately configured, and I would like to see this carrier of yours, because it sounds quite awesome :D I might make a variant that is carrier friendly, but I need a carrier as basis in the first place :D The B-X25 is a semi-part friendly 191 parts.

How are you positive that aircraft can reach up to 75m/s? There are a lot of aircrafts that can, break past that fairly easily, or have I misinterpreted your message? An example of a craft that can pull 15+ gees at around 350m/s is an apex model from our Project Raven

WQmVhnl.png

g0kslZb.png

QOalPEl.png

EDIT:

We have now re-developed the B-X25 Hawker to a more optimal STOL/VTOL. If you look back to the main OP, you can see the listed statistics of the craft, but if you insist, well, here we say it. Lighter, faster, and more part-friendly than before with 150 parts, the new B-X25 is capable of a range of 8h flight time, a filled mass of 38.7t, speeds of up to 280m/s at low altitudes, less VTOL engines, and has more streamlined extras plus more control even without RCS, we hope that the new B-X25 would satisfy your demands :D

GU6BQlP.png

Edited by SHiftER2O

I do have experience with, aircraft function other than making forms, so bear with me here :D

The weight comes from the fuel of course, if you notice, the B-X25's body is covered with wings, because it uses multiple FL tanks rather than the Mk2 fuselage, all which have been crafted to maintain a steady CoM at all fuel levels. We use basic jets as the VTOL engines since, it is well suited for low altitudes, and we utilize the turbojets for the B-X25 to be able to have a wider scope of altitude range, which means that if we ever want to go somewhere faster, we just fly high and let the turbojets do the work. The vertical and horizontal jets are separately configured, and I would like to see this carrier of yours, because it sounds quite awesome :D I might make a variant that is carrier friendly, but I need a carrier as basis in the first place :D The B-X25 is a semi-part friendly 191 parts.

quite nice. i dont know if my carrier is strong enough to get these loads. i skimped on struts..i saw your fuselage design and i think it's good. but really looking into it's stats maybe you'd like to double up on turbojets for more speed at altitude and lower in atmo or else it could be an easy target for faster planes.

How are you positive that aircraft can reach up to 75m/s? There are a lot of aircrafts that can, break past that fairly easily, or have I misinterpreted your message? An example of a craft that can pull 15+ gees at around 350m/s is an apex model from our Project Raven

i am talking about crafts reaching 75 m/s while circling as tight as they can (just push the W key while 90 degrees so you'd make horizontal circles) because of the way wings act at these G's they slow you down and because of your low speed you are only getting 5 G's of turning while at these low speeds.

We have now re-developed the B-X25 Hawker to a more optimal STOL/VTOL. If you look back to the main OP, you can see the listed statistics of the craft, but if you insist, well, here we say it. Lighter, faster, and more part-friendly than before with 150 parts, the new B-X25 is capable of a range of 8h flight time, a filled mass of 38.7t, speeds of up to 280m/s at low altitudes, less VTOL engines, and has more streamlined extras plus more control even without RCS, we hope that the new B-X25 would satisfy your demands :D

that looks very nice i've read the specs and it looks nice. a carrier version will be cool. carrier pics coming soon

i am talking about crafts reaching 75 m/s while circling as tight as they can (just push the W key while 90 degrees so you'd make horizontal circles) because of the way wings act at these G's they slow you down and because of your low speed you are only getting 5 G's of turning while at these low speeds.

Hmm, now that, I am also challenged with. High agility yes? The Apex model for Project Raven can only achieve of up to about 15m/s, which is quite far from 75m/s, sadly. Yes I am also in par with your point there, I doubt we have ways to counter that for now with the new aero model.

that looks very nice i've read the specs and it looks nice. a carrier version will be cool. carrier pics coming soon

What would you want of the carrier version? Smaller in length and size? I am hoping for that carrier to try and see if I could also have a development basis :D

Really like the B-X08b Halo, and the B-X28 looks like a beast. I'm curious, what's the function of the airbrakes mounted around the core of the lift engines?

They're used to reduce the speed of the craft when landing vertically :D

Gotcha. I see some of your designs have the J-X4 "Whiplash" engine for lift. I considered them, but nothing I've built so far needed that much "oomph", lol :sticktongue:

Well, the B-X07b & the B-X08b don't really need that much "oomph", the airbrakes are just for stability comfort :D It can very well land safety without the use of the brakes, but the B-X28? Well, that's where the airbrakes become quite necessary :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.