KSP 2.0 - What would you expect (or wish) for a sequel?

carlorizzante

What I trully wish to see on KSP 2.0 is pretty actually more realism about the textures, like the clouds and planetshine that we see on Astronomer's Visual Pack, cmon, that is like the basic thing that KSP should have...

I guess the second one is to break the memorry for 32-bits, that would be so useful...

Maybe the third is to give some interaction for the Kerbals, like talk to each other during missions, landing, and the voices from space center directly to the vessel. Okay, there is a mod for that already, but it would be fun for to see how would be the one made by Squad...

And perhaps some new solar system with moar challenge... Bam, I ran out os ideas.

Scannable radiation belts around Jool for example that would cause probes to heat up or malfunction or lose comms, so you would need to avoid them. As well as posing risk of death to Kerbals for being in them too long. Perhaps adding radiation shielding parts to counter this. So possibly a new resource of rads that accumulate when in those spots. And EVA would =instant death.

Micrometeorite or similar damages to ships that an engineer must look for and repair. If damage is to a tank, it would slowly leak, damage to a solar panel or RTG or antenna would cause it to not work etc... This could be something that would take you out of a time warp and notify you of the damage.

More things to do on the ground that require more planning. Like taking a surface sample requires searching for a good one and not just any old clump or rock or sand, and you need a piece of equipment to do this and not just put it in your pocket...

Would make sense since all the kerbals always have their helmets on in stock. Their breathable atmosphere maybe is destroyed. I mean we have never seen an another creature than the kerbal in the game...

Except those guys running around in the VAB and SPH with no helmets and the doors wide open, yeah! :sticktongue:

I'd like to see a scripting engine built in. Somewhere between Colobot and KOS.

Some lightweight storyline. I find the procedural missions to be embarrassingly crappy.

Mostly, I'd like to see the rights sold to a different dev house. Someplace that understands professional system and content design, not just talented amateurs.

To truly be called 2.0, any sequel to KSP would need to be a big leap forwards, not just a collection of refinements and features already provided by mods.

Some examples of major improvements would be to add detailed planet surfaces that support lots of interaction, and lots more things for Kerbals to do including fully modeled interiors (with lots of pushable buttons) that you could move Kerbals around in. Partially autonomous Kerbals/probes would be great as well so you can issue commands that they would then go off and do based on their skill level.

better graphics. MUCH better graphics. The planets are very simple, graphically. They look like they belong in a game made 10 years ago.

I love the game, and obviously the game is great with the poor graphics it has now, but the graphics are not very advanced.

I think the current version should be expanded before ever considering a version 2.0

There is a great groundwork for more things to be added. More planets, more features, better performance. Etc.

Development towards 1.1 is looking really good. I don't think things will stop there.

Ability to record "tracks".

What I mean by that is not simply recording video.

Like the "Chrono-Cam" in Planetary Annihilation (if anyone has played that) or if anyone is into certain flight sims, like "Tac-View".

Basically the result is a recorded video, but you can rotate the view, switch viewpoints, switch vehicle focus etc.

Bonus points for being able to "jump in" at any point and take control, thus reverting to normal mode of operation.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a 1:1-fidelity, for example, TacView records into a stylised, simplified view (eg: terrain rendered in basic wireframe/polygon layout, aircraft represented by triangles, other object just as labelled dots, moving object leave a trail of user-selectable length etc.).

It would be nice, and very useful, to be able to watch/pause/rotate/zoom/un-zoom a particular launch/entry/landing/manouvre, to see where it went wrong, where it went right, why that particularly annoying or cool thing happened, or just for kicks.

I remember when I first started KSP I was surprised that this feature wasn't already present, although I can understand that it would be a hard thing to put in, especially in the KSP that we have now. It would probably be a lot easier if it was built in from the beginning, hence KSP 2.0.

Edited by p1t1o
spelling

• 7 months later...

I would like to see gas planet 2, gas planet 3, gas planet 4, new parts, life support systems, 20 smaller moons orbiting jool and the gas planet 2, volcanoes on laythe, more moons for the exsisting planets, more stars, warp drive, autopilot systems, planet busting parts, items, ability to move planets, wormholes, comets, hats and acessories for kerbals, & black holes.

Edited by saturnsrings

I'm not sure that i'd want a KSP 2 tbh, as KSP can keep being updated and expanded for a very long time.

Rather i'd like Squad to do a different educational concept. Maybe something like evolution (think spore creature stage but actually good)

Many things:

* The other two gas giants
* Stock two-man pod based on Gemini
* Lagrange points
* Rival space agencies belonging to other countries
* Politics
* Contracts to launch military and commercial payloads
* Expanded science options
* Ability to recover certain parts, such as SRBs and, after researching it, first stages using droneships
* MechJeb as stock
* More space station parts
* Implement select parts from KWRocketry and NovaPunch
* Better space shuttle parts
* Better base parts
* More moons for Jool