I can't get away from this damn game.

SignalCorps

I had maybe 70 hours in ver 0.9. Mostly it was screwing around in sandbox, building cool space ships and finding new and exciting ways to not successfully land on the Mun or paint the run way with spaceplane parts. I left it for a while and got back into it once ver 1 hit and have been doing the career mode, where I am somewhere around day 45 and have several trips to the Mun, where I not only landed, but made it back with the same number of Kerbals I left with.

Now I have several gaming systems (PS2-4, Xbox 360 and 1.) and a severe backlog of games I am trying to finish before all the new AAA games start dropping, so I've been trying to shelve KSP for a while. But like heroine addicts or retired mob enforcers, I keep getting sucked back in, thanks to TV and movies. There was some space movie on Syfy that made me want to play again. I stopped for a few days, and then the new season of Defiance started back up featuring scenes of alien ships floating through debris fields, and I had to play again, and yesterday, damn Apollo 13 was on TV, and I had to start up planning my first landing on Minimus.

Every time I get away from this damn game, I see a show dealing with spaceships, and I have to fire it back up. Will my torment never end?

I used to play a lot of NetHack, Dwarf Fortress, Warcraft III, and whatever Humble Bundle stuff looked interesting.

Then a year ago I bought Kerbal Space Program.

With a few brief exceptions, I haven't played another computer game since then. Whenever I have spare time to play, I want to build rockets!

One of us!

One of us!

Just joining the chorus.

I stopped playing it through the Steam shortcut because I was ashamed it was logging to many hours.

Then I started feeling ashamed I wasn't logging enough hours.

I now have 530 hours logged, probably the same unlogged.

Welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, do you expect to get married any time soon? That managed to drop my weekly hours... slightly.

I haven't played KSP in a week or two because other games have taken over my life. :D

But it's a shadow. Lurking right around the corner, waiting for me to fall back into the rut.

Once a KSP player, always a KSP player...

Some times I wonder just how many hours I have on this game.

My wife bought it for me back in March as a present, so she got it from the website instead of Steam.

A rough calculation says 1000 hours in the last 3 months is a pretty conservative estimate...

The "Earth" construct we have recently got wind of is unrealistic because the ground scatter comprises trees and what appears to numerous kinds of dwellings in such numbers as to be unfavorable to practical rendering distances. Also, humans may clog up your air intakes if your fly too low in unauthorized areas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.