GOG update to 1.03?

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the game and haven't gone through an update before. I've been trying to update the game and from what I've read the devs have said that the update is available through steam, gog, and their website, however as I've bought it through gog I've been trying to update through them. The issue is that I don't see a 1.0.3 patch on the gog website, only the 1.0.2 patch. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there some other way to patch the game? I've tried updating via the launcher but from what I've read that hasn't worked in a while either. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

I'm not terribly familiar with the GOG system of updating games, but you should be able to redownload the game, then simply replace the 1.0.2 copy's files with the new ones.

If anyone knows a better way, feel free to correct me.

I don't think that will work since the main installer is listed as version 1.0.2 for me. I think it will just install the same version as I already have. But it was a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wait a bit. GOG is based in Europe (I believe they are Polish) and the update came when it was/is night there. (It's currently 06:25 there.)

I think that is what I might have to do. Do you have the gog version? I'm just trying to figure out if I'm the only one that this is happening to.

Yeah GoG still has 1.0.2 for Windows, though Linux and OSX have been updated to 1.0.3, I've bothered Squad on this issue and they are aware, I'm not sure why GoG hasn't updated yet.

Oh and the downloads on GoG all say 1.0.2 regardless, weird.

I'm not terribly familiar with the GOG system of updating games, but you should be able to redownload the game, then simply replace the 1.0.2 copy's files with the new ones.

If anyone knows a better way, feel free to correct me.

Before you do this, delete the Squad folder from GameData, when I upgraded to 1.0.2, I found every single engine to have next to no thrust. (the 48-7S had a thrust of 8 in vacuum)

I'm a Gog user though i own KSP in the KSP store and update from there. I also use Steam.

Gog tends to be a little slower with updates and it's not unusual for patches to arrive a day or two after release. This is partly because Gog doesn't have the resources of Valve and partly because they provide update packages. Not sure if this is the case for KSP but normal practise is to see an updated installer for the full game and a separate patch to avoid having to download and install the entire game. Gog Galaxy (Gog's new Steam-like client) should automatically update the game much like Steam would.

The upside is that with Gog it's possible to install separate versions of KSP to separate folders and keep multiple versions running or play an outdated version. Something Steam normally prevents because the client insists on only allowing the updated game to start. Don't get me wrong, i like Steam a lot but this is one of the few things that can really get in the way of enjoying the game, latest version or not.

Gog Galaxy is supposed to introduce a rollback feature and allow the user more control over which version to install. You can still use Gog's installers even if you let Galaxy manage the game and it's updates. Also handy for downloading patches/games on one machine then installing on another where there's no internet.

So slow updates = bad, but more control = good. Depends how much you like to mod games or keep installers of previous versions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.