Kerbin Circumnavigation 1.0.4/1.0.5 - Aviator Challenge Continuation

Good lord! I go away for 5 minutes and you stole my seat?

Welp, time to get back to the hangar... And the board first.

Concratulations :). I think we are near at the best possible time now.

In a prograde flight, the planes are so fast that you can not just place the fuel tank where you want without exploding after 10 minutes and in retrograde you need a lot of fuel more.

Maybe we will surprised by someone else with a completely different design :)

Very nice pictures. My favorites are the two with the Mun on it. Great :)

By the way, there is a tunnel on the runway...:blush:. How did you manage it to land on this place without losing some parts?:D

39:42.

as i have godawful internet at the moment and will have none for a few days, i can't upload many pictures. but you get the idea.

anyway, please only put it on the leaderboard if it's ok with helmut that i copied his "airframe" because i wanted to show that the same frame can go much faster with some simple changes.

also, this was a lazy landing ( i even forgot to brake for a few seconds, and it still is a record time by far... :)

http://postimg.org/gallery/3fscc6178/e1cc8c0f/

39:42.

as i have godawful internet at the moment and will have none for a few days, i can't upload many pictures. but you get the idea.

anyway, please only put it on the leaderboard if it's ok with helmut that i copied his "airframe" because i wanted to show that the same frame can go much faster with some simple changes.

also, this was a lazy landing ( i even forgot to brake for a few seconds, and it still is a record time by far... :)

http://postimg.org/gallery/3fscc6178/e1cc8c0f/

Good god, are you serious? This is crazy!

I can't sleep tonight with this. I'm gonna have to obviously, but still...

You need cookies!

EDIT: Though I must ask, why is your landing gear not connected to the plane at the last image?

Edited by Xannari Ferrows

Jeepers, I'd better get my butt in gear or else I'm going to be bumped out of the standings completely. All of a sudden 52 minutes is looking to be dog slow. :P:D

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/633104450697138793/E7651B40FFA6647F171750650E5ECE35571375B5/

Working on a new aircraft to circumnavigate Kerbin twice using a single basic jet engine. I might livestream an attempt tomorrow.

Oh darn, I'm going down south tomorrow. I probably should announce that...

- - - Updated - - -

ATTENTION: I will be gone for a while starting tomorrow. I'll come back with videos of the Delta IV launch, though! I guess I wont be able to give board updates until them, so hold those albums for later.

Okay, first off Xannari, have a great time at the Delta launch.

Secondly.....you all better watch out. I've been playing all day and I have a potential Velocity record breaker in the works.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA.:sticktongue:

Okay, well, I MAY have a record breaker in the works.....If I can work out the bugs on landing.....it's a handful on landing.....managed to squeak out 1716 m/s......will try to do better......:P

Edited by GDJ

I managed to squeeze out 1722 out of her. I did some playing with the order of assembly of parts. It helped a bit.

Not bad for a single RAPIER.

Managed to land her too! :D

Ok guys so here is my attempt!

I got Jeb out and that somehow messed up the F3 panel but the other 33 pictures should serve as proof.

Totally stock, no oxidizer, nothing. AND, I did it in *just* under 1 hour. By 38 seconds!

I love KSP

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

erm... my latest plane is doing 1742 m/s in level flight. i be going a teensy bit fast. :P

also, congrats on 1716 m/s! :)

How the heck do you guys get up to that fast without burning up?

I found that 1200m/s was my top safe speed. (quite quickly and abruptly, actually)

How the heck do you guys get up to that fast without burning up?

I found that 1200m/s was my top safe speed. (quite quickly and abruptly, actually)

I fly between 21500 metres and 23500 metres. It's a pretty narrow window, but basically there is just enough air up there to run your RAPIER so it has an output of roughly 25 kN thrust, enough air to keep your plane aloft at a high speed, and it won't burn up. It will heat up for sure, but everything on my plane is still in the green when the temp warnings come up. Green is good, amber is iffy, red is BAD.

I had to see if i could beat my previous attempt. Which i did with the Challenger !

In the Hanger:

33F5B8D754ADC0BB805821B871AC4F9E45DBB420

take off:

098495D00A2BA30884C49A9D6611DBD168B81EEE

Flight:

9089D55649077C4ECFBAB052F6AC8DF24798B1C0

Coming into land..for me it dosent count unless its on runway:huh:

7B3889B412F49012B245897C986FE2E4F581A750

FDC2805A7DF3269E4778D21CB00119A0729F09BD

Final time:

9DC05A9EDDDCB346196F4EEA4B853B81E7DB72DF

So i beat my previous Time by 10 mins. I am pretty sure i can do this in under an Hour..and i Will!

Thanks for the Challange.

Peace

GKz

EDIT ::

Hm..i see my stats are fkered up, cause is did a quicksave and load. fark. is that allowed?

cause i just flew a round at 55 mins..but also did an f9

Edited by GraviTykillz

"No pizza allowed."

I've never tried an aerial circumnavigation before. Does "pizza" mean something special in this case??? Cause I am confused... :confused:

No challenge that prohibits pizza can be good, and must, by default be EVIL!!! That's like denying Kerbals their snacks! ;.;

Unless pizza refers to a non food based "pizza"... I just can't place the term with any applicable meaning other than yummy pizza. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.