What have you made in real life (showcase)

Majorjim!

I should really read more of the other forums this thread is filled with amazing stuff.... Only fair that I add to it in the spirit of things.

I (and my flatmates well more them I was working a lot) [re]built my '77 Honda XL125 a few years ago, tore it to pieces, refurbed, bare metal repsray in the garage, put it back together again.... Never did manage to solve some of its inherent electrical issues, and parts can be either non-existent or way too expensive for NOS. But got to do a "bit o' brapping" on it.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my (horrifyingly cringe-worthy) Sketchbook illustrations:

The N700 Shinkansen Japanese Bullet Train:

1EAQQbg.jpg

B-29 Superfortress

ihx4MoS.jpg

MD-11 (Unfinished)

27rNPxA.jpg

And perhaps the only one I really consider decent, my Shih Tzu whose name is Kimchi:

grcZ4Ra.jpg

Wow... where to start....

I paint, do computer graphics, make music, hand-craft flutes... and I'm currently building a wooden model of the Charles W. Morgan (New Bedford whaling ship), and I'm making myself a new cane. Sorry, I don't have pics of that yet, but here's a few examples of the rest. This is just a sliver, I could fill pages with my paintings alone... :cool:

x6dtgIN.jpg

uS0HFTB.jpg

Jr5Xmki.jpg

46wf40K.jpg

GvFeCyH.jpg

They're not easy to see, but in these shots I'm playing flutes I made myself.

1qlpXJ8.jpg

YwhrJM3.jpg

UiMuOyv.jpg

53i0ShU.jpg

sKN8cR5.jpg

AKVFqZL.jpg

hAKJeON.jpg

And I got lots and lots more...

If you took the picture, developed the negatives, printed and developed the print - I'd say yes.

I used to have a darkroom in my basement. I miss working with film.

I use my neighbor's darkroom...

I will be buying an Olympus XA this holiday season.... One of the best film cameras ever, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

A week or so ago i has this wonderful plan to build my own submarine out of trash cans and PVC pipes. I have sketches of what it would look like and everything. Unfortunately, a few days later, I realized that I lacked the money to build it, so I'm not really sure whether I'll be able to finish it or not.

• 1 month later...

Finished my Tamiya 1/35 M26 Pershing plastic kit recently.

Although it's not the best one I've built, it's my first tank assembly and I'm still satisfied by it.

Also, it gave me a chance to cringe how blurry my photos are practice my photography.

Qf9gflF.jpg
QGphPkD.jpg
WfFf2Pv.jpg

As mentioned on my books thread, I've been rebinding two books I have that were broken. Here's The Andromeda Strain, not finished as, again, mentioned before - need to remove the green edging somehow.

XpfNZjs.jpg

Edited by NovaSilisko

I made a Settlers of Catan board. The water has since been painted but no pics.

The hexagons and water are resin casts painted with acrylic.

The game pieces are designed in AutoCAD and 3D printed.

The cards are custom designed and then printed by a "one-off" printing company.

The card rack was designed in AutoCAD and lasercut out of 1/4" MDF and assembled. (no glue)

The card box was designed in Photoshop, printed on glossy cardstock.

The foam enclosure was custom cut to protect everything.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskeWYC4Q

Edited by Tex Mechs Robot

Cool stuff in this thread, I spent far too much of my spare time making a video that kind of emcompasses all of the sci fi games, board games, and literature I grew up with. Heres a promo I made a few weeks ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ed9XbjEHPCE

Other than this, haven't had much time to do anything else with a family and full time gig!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.