What are you doing this fourth of July(if you are in America)

ouion

O-O say can you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,

By the dawn's early light,

What so PROOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDLY WE HAILED,

At the TWI-LIGHT'S LAST Gleaming?

Whose BROAD STRIPES AND BRIGHT STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS,

Through the PERILOUS FIGHT,

O'er the RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPARTS WE WATCHED,

Were so GALL-ANT-LY STREAM-ING?

And the ROCKET's REEDD GLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE,

The BOMBS BURST-ING IN AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR,

Gave PROOOOF THROUGH THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT,

THAT OUR FLAG WAS STILL THERE.

O SAY DOES THAT STAR-SPAN-GLED BANNER YEEEET WAAAAAAAAAAVE,

O'ER THE LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND OF THE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,

AND THE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME OF THE BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE!

O-O say can you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,

By the dawn's early light,

What so PROOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDLY WE HAILED,

At the TWI-LIGHT'S LAST Gleaming?

Whose BROAD STRIPES AND BRIGHT STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS,

Through the PERILOUS FIGHT,

O'er the RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPARTS WE WATCHED,

Were so GALL-ANT-LY STREAM-ING?

And the ROCKET's REEDD GLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE,

The BOMBS BURST-ING IN AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR,

Gave PROOOOF THROUGH THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT,

THAT OUR FLAG WAS STILL THERE.

O SAY DOES THAT STAR-SPAN-GLED BANNER YEEEET WAAAAAAAAAAVE,

O'ER THE LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND OF THE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,

AND THE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME OF THE BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE!

God Bless

*Over 1% of the population not included. Terms and conditions might apply.

All politics aside, a man whose name I can't remember once said "Every sane man loves his country but hates his government". Please don't get political, it always leads to flamewars and the like.

EDIT::

And plus, that's America's slogan and "Brand Image", if you will. The product might change but the advertising will be the same. Plus, it's kinda late in the game to introduce a new patriotic slogan that almost everybody in the country and possibly world knows.

All politics aside, a man whose name I can't remember once said "Every sane man loves his country but hates his government". Please don't get political, it always leads to flamewars and the like.

It is a factual statement, though you can explain it in a political sense if you really want to. Of course, it is hard to read land of the free without a slight cringe if you are aware of the facts.

*Over 1% of the population not included. Terms and conditions might apply.

I'd love to know what 1% you're talking about... care to define? What are these facts you speak of? Are you an American?

Bash it if you want, yet people from around the world - every nation on the face of this Earth - want to come here. Maybe you should ask yourself 'Why is that?'

My day was spent with family and friends and neighbors, sharing food and drink and talk and companionship... counting our blessings, thanking God for all we've been blessed with.

Happy 4th all!

Gonna have hot dogs, burgers, "root beer" floats (ice cream floating in a soda); watching fireworks displays from roof. Watched movies earlier of depictions of events leading to the founding of this nation. I hope people of all nations will look forward to similar such celebrations in their own countries.

Just got back from vacation in Canada where we watched the Canada Day fireworks, got back and saw an early show yesterday. Today we'll just light a few fountains and sparklers in the driveway.

Just got back. Went to a neighbor's house to watch the fireworks (we live in the foothills, so you can cover the fireworks with your thumb at arm's length) on their patio while eating and drinking and having the kids do sparklers, and other small fireworks in the yard.

Ok, we can say "Land of the relatively free compared to the majority of other lands." - satisfied? :D

I'd love to know what 1% you're talking about... care to define? What are these facts you speak of? Are you an American?

Bash it if you want, yet people from around the world - every nation on the face of this Earth - want to come here. Maybe you should ask yourself 'Why is that?'

I don't know anyone who would want to live in USA, myself included. Things have changed a lot. Countries and societies.

Happy 4th July to all of you who celebrate it. :)

Ok, we can say "Land of the relatively free compared to the majority of other lands." - satisfied? :D

I don't know anyone who would want to live in USA, myself included. Things have changed a lot. Countries and societies.

Happy 4th July to all of you who celebrate it. :)

Well, what can I say?, that's just you. I have many friends here, as well as people I just know, from nearly every nation in eastern and western Europe (not to mention Asia and South America and elsewhere) ... and they're pretty much all working towards their citizenship. They work here, go to school here, vacation here, look to bring their family here. Yes, things have changed, and they'll continue to change - hopefully for the better as we seem to have gone off track.

I will be destroying the commi's, eating burgers, merica-ing (is that even a thing? Who cares!), disliking obama, confirming illuminati, KSPing, getting Jeb to become an american citizen, and eating food.

They work here, go to school here, vacation here, look to bring their family here.

It sounds like you're working on a biased sample.

The people in question are already in the US, so they are not a good representation of attitudes towards moving to the US.

Anyway:

"Yay! My country is better than your country! The country I'm in is bettar than all others because I just happened to be born in this one!"

Meh. I just don't get it.

It sounds like you're working on a biased sample.

The people in question are already in the US, so they are not a good representation of attitudes towards moving to the US.

Anyway:

"Yay! My country is better than your country! The country I'm in is bettar than all others because I just happened to be born in this one!"

Meh. I just don't get it.

Perhaps a bit, yes.

I see you live in Houston. You are free to go live where you want, some other country. Will you? And if not, why not?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.