Are stranded Kerbals always female?

Bishop149

ive rescued mostly females so far, and considering most of my wacky launches have females on board it makes sense to me (something about them wanting to ride to Valhalla unguarded by a clumsy space craft)

on a side note im sure if i do more rescues ill get a 50/50 result, so far with 12 rescues i have 9 female and 3 male, and both males and females have been in similar positions

Edited by Tanner Rawlings

There are too many of them, period. Also, once you get the grabber, most switch to returning their capsule, which is just silly.

Basically, like 99% of the contracts, they are poorly done.

Yes, the contracts becomes a gamebreaker after a while. The early contracts are ok, but they spiral into stupidity at a stupendous rate after a wee bit of gameplay.

So far all the Rescue Missions I've been offered have been for female Kerbals.

Same here ... not a single male Kerbal so far to rescue.

I already have 2 all female flight teams thanks to this :D

I wish the mission profile would tell you the Career of the Kerbal too though; I need another Engineer! Mostly they've been pilots with one or two scientists. Also it would be nice to know what ship/capsule they are stranded in.

They get shown among Kerbals on a mission in the Astronaut complex.

Albeit, I suspect, this only happens after you accept the mission (haven´t had the opportunity to verify this however (i.e. that they don´t appear among the astronauts before accepting the mission))

Funnily enough, after initially posting this I am now getting a mix.

However this change occurred immediately after I modded Contracts.cfg to increase the max number of contracts on offer.

So yeah, I think there's definitely a subtle bug at work here and perhaps the way to circumvent it is to make a manual change to the contracts.cfg file?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.