KSP RP forum server CPU usage exceeded.

RedDwarfIV

Apparently we\'ve exceeded the allotted bandwidth. I\'ve had enough of the hosting company, so I\'m moving to another in better hopes. It\'ll be a bit slower, but hopefully more stable. Also, I\'ve managed to save the site this time, so I have the entire thing sitting on my hard drive.

Also...

[mod]This thread is to be allowed to remain for civil discussion. Anything getting out of hand like the last thread will be dealt with.[/mod]

Just remember guys, the official KSP forums aren\'t a \'\'Checkpoint\'\' or a refuge for you to fall back to if something off-site goes down.

Got it.

To be fair we need somewhere to keep updated, but maybe small talk should be kept to a minimum.

I suggest a Mailing List.

People sign up for the KSPRP mailing list, and are eithe rPM\'ed on this forum, or are emailed updates about the RP!

This would include:

Forum downtime

Worldwide events

Other important goings-on.

There is a thing called not everyone uses social networks.

You don\'t need to have a twtter account to look at someone\'s messages; I do not have one but have been follow NASA and SpaceX tweets all week, no login or anything, just one URL :)

Possibly because Radion has informed the host that he his displeased with their services.

And is preparing to move the forum to a new URL.

Oh, okay.

How long will it approximately take? I mean, I can wait, but I\'d just like to know.

if you want a new serever

mady run you own server at you home?

all you need is a fast computer

i have one at my house for my dads bisness

You realise we overrun the CPU of a web hosting service right? To have a server you\'d need both a fixed IP address and a dedicated machine, along with a load of other stuff.

There\'s this thing called twitter where you can send instant updates that anyone can see..

Yes, but I (and presumably some others) never use twitter. I rarely use my email at that, with all of it\'s 588 spam messages in inbox, majority of which are from stupid Facebook.

if you want a new serever

mady run you own server at you home?

all you need is a fast computer

i have one at my house for my dads bisness

You realise we overrun the CPU of a web hosting service right? To have a server you\'d need both a fixed IP address and a dedicated machine, along with a load of other stuff.

sorry

i can ask my dad how to set up one the pm it to radion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.