"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

'Almost there, almost there...' always makes me think of the original Star Wars.

Not coincidental, and we all remember what happened to Gold Leader after he spoke that line... was tempted to also use "he just impacted on the surface!" but decided that was too cruel even for me :)

Not coincidental, and we all remember what happened to Gold Leader after he spoke that line... was tempted to also use "he just impacted on the surface!" but decided that was too cruel even for me :)

Naw, Gold Leader was the one who said "Loosen up!" (and "It's no good, I can't maneuver!"). Red Leader was the one who said "Almost there...", and "EAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-bwosh" *sad John Williams music*

Edited by Edax

Naw, Gold Leader was the one who said "Loosen up!" (and "It's no good, I can't maneuver!"). Red Leader was the one who said "Almost there...", and "EAHHHHHHH-bwosh" *sad John Williams music*

You're right. Good catch!

I just watched it last night as chance would have it, and Edax is correct. No Gold ship got near the exhaust port.

Happy landings!

You're right. Good catch!

I just watched it last night as chance would have it, and Edax is correct. No Gold ship got near the exhaust port.

Of course! Thanks for the correction Edax...and here's another movie parallel I just realized while driving in to work today:

iB83Jsl.png

...the names *are* somewhat similar. Never had a panel with Tedus attempting to consume hydrazine, so we don't know whether he has a 'drinking problem'.

All right, all right. Happy Friday everyone :)

fgKTphP.png

UbN1zi9.png

JirYEF7.png

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that Mk2 cockpit surviving!

Oh, you think so do you? Well you'll just have to wait for confirmation of Tedus's fate, I have a few pages I need to do before I can get to that. In the meantime, let the rescue scenario speculation begin!

Edited by Kuzzter
Wash your mouth out Bob.

Unless there are female Kerbals on Eve, I don't think so Bob. :wink:

****ed doesn't mean that in my Kerblverse, Gamer. It can't, since male and female Kerbals don't do smoochy things and no one really knows where new Kerbals come from. Not surprising for a species that needs to go to space in order to figure out how wheels work. In fact, we have no idea what letters those **** are replacing or what that word really means in Kerblish! It's a complete mystery! But yeah, whatever it means, Bob is ****ed.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Bob, it could be worse. At least your flag didn't burn up during the trip :)

Actually he knocked over the first one and I had to "re-shoot" the scene. Eve is not a nice place. Fun fact: when Bob is outside the capsule for more than a minute, his temp gauge starts to climb.

Edited by Kuzzter

Nope, nor the parked capsule. Kerbals must generate some waste heat, just like humans. Or else there's some kind of unlicensed particle accelerator in the jetpack.

The temperature gauges appear when a part/asteroid/Kerbal exceeds 50% of its maxTemp. The upper 1/2 of the way to maxTemp is divided into quarters and displayed on the gauge as green, bronze, orange, and red in order of increasing severity. Thus, the lower the item's maxTemp, the sooner its gauge appears, and the sooner its gauge goes red compared to other items in the vicinity. Kerbals are the least heat-tolerant items present on Eve and the ambient surface temperature is > 1/2 a Kerbal's maxTemp, so Kerbals get a gauge but nothing else.

At Moho, it's the same way. An EVA Kerbal will have a bronze-colored gauge (about 1/2 full, meaning at 3/4 of the Kerbal's maxTemp) while only the most sensitive of rocket parts (usually science instruments, probe cores, etc.) will have gauges, too.

The temperature gauges appear when a part/asteroid/Kerbal exceeds 50% of its maxTemp. The upper 1/2 of the way to maxTemp is divided into quarters and displayed on the gauge as green, bronze, orange, and red in order of increasing severity. Thus, the lower the item's maxTemp, the sooner its gauge appears, and the sooner its gauge goes red compared to other items in the vicinity. Kerbals are the least heat-tolerant items present on Eve and the ambient surface temperature is > 1/2 a Kerbal's maxTemp, so Kerbals get a gauge but nothing else.

Ah, that explains it--so theoretically if Bob were to go walkabout, he might not melt. Well, we'll see...

- - - Updated - - -

That's....well, i'm...You're cruel Kuzzter. You know that? :sticktongue: Get them home, you meanie! Or at least off the hellhole planet.

You guys are a writer's dream. Sure, it's the kind of dream from which one wakes screaming and flailing at the light switch--but yes, a writer's dream :D

- - - Updated - - -

Melancholy landing?

Uh oh, if I have Starhawk changing his signoff, I maybe better dial it back a bit. Don't worry guys--right after the funeral next couple of updates, everything gets funny again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.