"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

Yeah, Tedus has inspired the great poet Rudyard Kerman to pick up his pen...
Tedus deserves to walkaway from that landing changed into a BadS, that was just really cool to see. Near-death experiences do change people, so you never know. :)

Well, it's not like I haven't messed with an .sfs before. Definitely something I've considered, along with the "Distinguished Flying ROUND-8" which is of course Kerbfleet's second-highest decoration. Honestly, Tedus went above and beyond even my expectations. We'll have to see how the rest of his story plays out.

Dangit, Kuzz, that's two now! (First one was the Humble's 1.0.4 near-rollover on takeoff from Duna... And we still have to resolve how to get her down to Kerbin, right? :wink:)

Although now I can't help but imagine that scene from Space Cowboys between Frank and Hawk being reenacted, when Bob tries to choke the Crew Report out of Tedus for the ride he got put through... :P

When will new pages from "Duna, ore bust!" appear?

What am I, on a schedule? :) Hard to say. It's a year of game-time before anything really interesting happens so I am working on various...designs, doing some orbital housekeeping etc. You'll see something when you see something.

- - - Updated - - -

Dangit, Kuzz, that's two now! (First one was the Humble's 1.0.4 near-rollover on takeoff from Duna... And we still have to resolve how to get her down to Kerbin, right? :wink:)
Hoping that crazy lift situation was a one-time thing; if it was, landing will be a snap...if not, Jeb's been in the Air Service even longer than Tedus :)

Hey Kuzz, I finished the first part of my story, Minmus Explorers, got inspired from all the things in mission reports, added a bunch of references to this and other stories, if you wanna read it it's in this sub-forum, close to the top because it's new.
Already saw it, glad to see it :)

For some reason that last panel reminds me of something ...

leonardo-di-caprio-walking-movie-9gag-joke.png

;)

That said, I expect that Tedus will get some brushing about his decisions on the descent, including the ejection of the resident scientist with the only good parachute on the vessel ;) . It can be easily argued that he could had saved the Dipperkraft and the cargo by not ejecting the ( rather annoying, TBH ) science officer and if he used that parachute to land the Dipperkraft ( I can see Mortimer and Jeb agreeing on this one: it is both crazy and saves money :D ).

Well, I hope the Dippelcraft had a good supply of snacks since Tedus and Bob are going to be there for a while :D Better send a IRSU there for them to produce some "hidrazine" ;)

That said, I expect that Tedus will get some brushing about his decisions on the descent, including the ejection of the resident scientist with the only good parachute on the vessel ;) . It can be easily argued that he could had saved the Dipperkraft and the cargo by not ejecting the ( rather annoying, TBH ) science officer and if he used that parachute to land the Dipperkraft

Well, it was Dilsby's call to go to Abort 2, and that was the written procedure. A more senior crew might have thought out of the box a bit.

OOC, I can tell you that yes, I did consider doing that, but decided it would not be awesome.

In any case, none of the hardware on Eve can be recovered as far as Kerbfleet command is concerned, so it really didn't matter in how many pieces it landed and at what velocity.

I'm finding it hard to choose myself: if I pick based on which one I liked writing the most, which one got the reader reactions I liked most, and which one I would like the most as a reader, I come up with three (or maybe four) different answers.

When in doubt, choose Gregmore.

Shhhhhh, don't question it! :D

I knew that line was coming Kuzzter, I just knew it. Well done!

I can't wait until Bob and Tedus (hopefully) reunite.

And here I thought Tedus would use that line ironically, because he would have crashed into an ocean.

And here I thought Tedus would use that line ironically, because he would have crashed into an ocean.

Nope, I definitely did not want that. Fortunately I had enough fuel after going to abort 2 to make sure I was over land. Here's where they ended up, I uninstalled clouds temporarily so you can have a clear picture :)

2Xl0WZ5.png

The ship to left of Dipperkraft is of course Bob's capsule, 9.2km away. Coordinates plotted if anyone wants to look up the location on kerbalmaps.com Land there is pretty flat, 1000-1100m. You can see the probe some distance east of Bob and Tedus, and that lander Alouette orbiting behind the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

When Tedus survived, I nearly cried.

This thing is awesome!

Thank you, welcome aboard!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.