"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

BTW, the whole update is hilarious, but it was the first line of the song that made my day1 ;-)

I thought you might like that :) Hey, it rhymes with 'ore', and it is one possible explanation for the origin of the Kerbal species--though I stress that despite the song mention it is NOT canonically confirmed for the Kerbfleetverse. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bit lost on where Val is, can't decide if shes in the M7 or somehow got on the Alouette.

Neither! I admit it's a bit difficult especially with the whole mob docked together. Here's a list:

Mortingale -- Val and Lisa in the Mk3 cockpit. The Billmobile is in the cargo bay, and it is presently empty.

Evestation -- Dilsby in the cupola, Melbe in the lab (though I will likely move Lisa in to join her)

Alouette -- Gregmore and Clauselle in the Mk2 lander can

Kranefly -- Jeb and Bill in the Mk3 cockpit

Don't get used to this though, next step is for the Mortingale to fill up and burn for low Eve orbit and there will be some crew transfers needed... they don't call it the Billmobile for nothing! I'll do my best to keep it all straight for you.

What it takes to circumnavigate Kerbin: a well built plane.

What it takes to circumnavigate Minmus: a nuclear-powered lander for many landings along the way.

What it takes to circumnavigate Gilly: you stumble, bounce and end on the other side. And then bounce couple more times.

Also, I would recommend to be careful with Jeb on Gilly. Couple times he managed to jump out of the capsule with enough... enthusiasm to turn the ship over. On Minmus. On Gilly such a trick may send the craft back to orbit.

I thought you might like that :) Hey, it rhymes with 'ore', and it is one possible explanation for the origin of the Kerbal species--though I stress that despite the song mention it is NOT canonically confirmed for the Kerbfleetverse. :)

Aw, you're just saying that to appease those "intelligent design" advocates who think kerbals were made by this guy in Mexico...

So, I decided to re-read your entire story (from chapter one of D:OB) in the right order, and noticed this::huh:

Some time ago I got a Very Nice Note from a mod about a poor word choice I had made in a post, and after discussing Rule 2.2 with the mod in some detail I decided proactively to go back and make that edit. IMO the original version could have been construed as 'circumventing the filter'. Keeping our Forum community a positive and welcoming place is very important to me, so I was happy to make the change and will henceforth use that style of censorship rather than '***' whenever someone in my comics needs to say a naughty word.

That's all I will say about it. It should go without saying that if you disagree with that rule, my interpretation of it, or the mod's, this thread is not the place to to say so.

Hey, eveyone knows that Kerbals are not made of mono and ore .... they are made of Kethane ;) ( good ol'Kethane mod had a Kerbal->Kethane converter :D )

And that Mortimer ... put a beak and a lucky coin in him and you can call him Scrooge McDuck :D He literally only seens funds in front of him ... :P

Where's the sequel to Duna: Moar Ore?

Also: Jeb in Kenlie's fanfic says the Mark 3 is a lot different from the Mark 2 Hummlebee, yet the only difference is another seat for Martystu.

Edited by Sanic

Where's the sequel to Duna: Moar Ore?

Also: Jeb in Kenlie's fanfic says the Mark 3 is a lot different from the Mark 2 Hummlebee, yet the only difference is another seat for Martystu.

We'll see if Kenlie writes any more fanfic. If he does write a sequel, maybe it'll be "Eve: Order Negative Infinity."

As to your second question, you may not realize how much something like a fifth seat can change a craft's balance. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.

Edited by Kuzzter

We'll see if Kenlie's writes any more fanfic. If he does write a sequel, maybe it'll be "Eve: Order Negative Infinity."

As to your second question, you may not realize how much something like a fifth seat can change a craft's balance. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.

As your lawyer, I would advise you to plead the twenty seventh.

imgnew4.gif

According to this astounding mathematical nonsense, that's impossible.

You could fling a ham sandwich from Gilly and it'd make orbit, so yeah :)

Actually, it would still need a push once at altitude, cause gilly isn't perfectly round by any means, so you would have to throw it upwards. :P

This begs the question though. If you threw a ham sandwich on gilly, most likely as soon as it left your hand it would separate out (unless you put some mayo on it or something and it stuck) into two pieces of bread and a piece of meat. So, once it completed its path around gilly, it should come right back to where it was launched from, if you threw it right. The question is, would it reassemble back into a sandwich just in time for you to catch it and have lunch? :sticktongue:

As your lawyer, I would advise you to plead the twenty seventh.

Actually I think I'll go with the 21st. Cheers!

https://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~kouba/CalcOneDIRECTORY/defderdirectory/imgnew4.gif

According to this astounding mathematical nonsense, that's impossible.

Actually that particular equation is integral to my entire argument.

This begs the question though. If you threw a ham sandwich on gilly, most likely as soon as it left your hand it would separate out (unless you put some mayo on it or something and it stuck) into two pieces of bread and a piece of meat. So, once it completed its path around gilly, it should come right back to where it was launched from, if you threw it right. The question is, would it reassemble back into a sandwich just in time for you to catch it and have lunch? :sticktongue:

Well naturally I assumed it would eject a pickle or something to circularize.

And before this gets any worse--here is some nice fat docking to pull us back on-thread :)

iuo4OHa.png

Actually I think I'll go with the 21st. Cheers!

Actually that particular equation is integral to my entire argument.

Well naturally I assumed it would eject a pickle or something to circularize.

And before this gets any worse--here is some nice fat docking to pull us back on-thread :)

http://i.imgur.com/iuo4OHa.png

How many parts are their in that...that....lagtrosity?

I've been singing '15 Tons' all day. In that spirit I've been thinking of this:

Spaceships for sale or rent

Bargain prices - scratch and dent

No deals for rookies or vets

I ain't got no turbojets

One trash can full-o-boom

Might take you up to vacuum

I'm a kerb of means by no means

King of the void

Third transfer, changing plane

Destinations in my brain

Old worn out Kerbfleet struts

Ever since the budget cuts

I burn old boosters I have found

Short, but not too big around

I'm a kerb of means by no means

King of the void

I know every engineer of every spaceplane

All the controllers, and all of their names

I know every free snack at every stop

And every craft that ain't nailed down from Moho to Bop

I sing,

Spaceships for sale or rent...

Happy landings!

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see if Kenlie writes any more fanfic. If he does write a sequel, maybe it'll be "Eve: Order Negative Infinity."

'It's an entirely different kind of flying.'

Edited by Starhawk

Update!

aWr7Qfq.png

wwWq7iR.png

qlvYENO.png

czXMsCm.png

Yep, getting that container down to the surface really WILL be an entirely different kind of flying!

- - - Updated - - -

Spaceships for sale or rent

Bargain prices - scratch and dent

Fantastic song! Now that's in MY head!

Sometimes I wonder how Kuzzter manages to reply to so many posts in such a short period of time.

I removed all the capacitance between my brain and my keyboard a long time ago.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.