"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

It's this kind of humble statement that makes this thread such a great read. You even advertised Plan Kappa in your own thread! Thank you displaying for such an uncommon attitude, it's rather refreshing.

Yeah, Kuzzter is an example to be followed not just as an author! If you spend too much time in his threads, the General Discussion section starts looking a bit ugly... :P

Well, I'm up to date now. Nice piece of fanfic! I can offer you the solution to that lift problem that plagued the Bumblebee, BTW, if no one else has already: cycle open/closed the bay doors. I it doesn't work at once, it will in a couple of tries. My longsword sometimes has the same issue...

Rune. The bay occlusion is... problematic to say the least.

Well, I'm up to date now. Nice piece of fanfic! I can offer you the solution to that lift problem that plagued the Bumblebee, BTW, if no one else has already: cycle open/closed the bay doors. I it doesn't work at once, it will in a couple of tries. My longsword sometimes has the same issue...

Rune. The bay occlusion is... problematic to say the least.

Uhh, Rune, isn't it the Hummlebee?

Uhh, Rune, isn't it the Hummlebee?

Yeah, I don't know how to write. Or read. Or something. Clearly there was some neuron misfire there. Did I mention I went through this and DOB in two days? :)

Rune. Still, what I said about it is still applicable. ^^'

Well maybe I can provide something for you to talk about. #isflying

FpPYFLC.png

Huge orbital dance around Eve with all the ships coming in, all bingo fuel naturally...might take me a bit of time to (1) get everything organized and (2) tell the story in a way that makes ANY sense :)

Edited by Kuzzter

Well maybe I can provide something for you to talk about. #isflying

Huge orbital dance around Eve with all the ships coming in, all bingo fuel naturally...might take me a bit of time to (1) get everything organized and (2) tell the story in a way that makes ANY sense :)

You never really explained why Val and Lisa joined the plot to save Tedus and that science guy... what was his name again?

You never really explained why Val and Lisa joined the plot to save Tedus and that science guy... what was his name again?

Bill Nye most likely.:D

But it's actually Bob. I always thought that Bill should be the scientist as a tribute to the man who taught me most of the stuff I know about science, but oh well.

Happy birthday Kuzzter Jr!

I remember when this thread had 34 posts.

Wow.

Indeed! It just keeps building and building... at this writing D,OB! and this are the second and third most commented, and the third and fifth most viewed, threads in Mission Reports. "Wow" is pretty much all I can say about that...other than that I have the finest readers and fellow authors any writer could ever wish for!

And finally, here are some pages for Chapter Six!

Tqmwjv9.png

9disuOR.png

MzMpFXY.png

1wPsYT2.png

wuDsUuW.png

Yep, save that last half of page five, it'll be a collector's item! Should not be a problem, but I already know from driving the Kranefly/M7 that the KER dV numbers are not to be trusted for this rig. So I will have to manually figure out just how much fuel (and oxidant, which is at this point useless to both ships) to distribute to make sure everyone can get to Gilly orbit when that very annoying little potato comes back around.

ETA: Calculations complete, now it's up to the execution. I really wish I could drive both ships at the same time in stock... as it stands I think I'll send Kranefly/M7 on this set of burns and either find a second solution for Evestation (e.g. starting with a burn at the descending node) or just wait until Gilly comes around again. It's still 11 days until Mortingale reaches Eve SOI so there's no hurry...am really hoping that Mortingale has enough in the tank to make Gilly in one go, because I do not want to do all this again!

- - - Updated - - -

What plot? You can't prove they were a part of any plot! They were ordered to go to Eve, and any commands Val gave to Enzin (now Looty) Kenlie were made given the best information she had at the time. But hypothetically, given the choice, do you think they would want to leave fellow Kerbonauts stranded?

Edited by Kuzzter

I love the chapter title. It really is quite the impressive dance.

Also, still love those battbots. :)

I sure know what you mean about Gilly. My ship, the Duna Miner, ended up stopping at Eve, and I refuelled at Gilly. But it all took so long that, in the end, I missed my planned transfer window to Duna.

Thanks, Kuzzter.

Happy landings!

I sure know what you mean about Gilly. My ship, the Duna Miner, ended up stopping at Eve, and I refuelled at Gilly. But it all took so long that, in the end, I missed my planned transfer window to Duna.

Remember, transfer windows are like buses--if you miss one there'll be another along later. Also, sometimes they run you over. :)

What I'm now wondering is how badly your computer wanted to melt itself while you were doing that docking Kuzzter. Fantastic job, as always!
Great pages, and I must say... that's one wonderful monstrosity there!

It seems to do fine, though of course framerate suffers. Fortunately, while very large, all three ships have comparatively few parts. Now, before someone points out that I could just use Kranefly to tow everything to Gilly-- no. I could probably do it if I had to, but I don't have to. There isn't a "target center of mass" option for a non-asteroid tow load, and I'm really not interested in baiting the Kraken by poking around with the klaw looking for a low thrust angle. If only Evestation or the M7 had just one axial port to match up with the nose port on the Kranefly...but they don't. Two Gilly intercepts it is :)

"Baiting the Kraken"...great name for a rock band!

Great story and presentation aside, I really enjoy the game-play aspects (ship designs, flight profiles, etc.). Were I to try the Waltz, everyone would be stuck halfway to their respective destinations while running out of fuel, food & ideas at approximately the same rate. Well done!

What plot? You can't prove they were a part of any plot! They were ordered to go to Eve, and any commands Val gave to Enzin (now Looty) Kenlie were made given the best information she had at the time.

Hmm, I think I remember saying something like that.

BUT he was coerced, so he's fine. And he was following orders from Val, who at that time was not part of the conspiracy.

Yup, I do. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.