LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

Oh! I have a suggestion/ request! Since you already have the ESA's main light launch vehicle(Vega) and their main heavy launch vehicle(Ariane 5), why not make their main medium launch vehicle? The ESA-maintained Soyuz rocket?

1908477_840268559344827_9196908273726688459_n.jpg

And I think they're essentially the same as the Russian ones in terms of appearance, so I'm going to leave this here: http://andegraf.com/rockets/soyuz.htm

Oh! I have a suggestion/ request! Since you already have the ESA's main light launch vehicle(Vega) and their main heavy launch vehicle(Ariane 5), why not make their main medium launch vehicle? The ESA-maintained Soyuz rocket?

http://spaceflightnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/1908477_840268559344827_9196908273726688459_n.jpg

And I think they're essentially the same as the Russian ones in terms of appearance, so I'm going to leave this here: http://andegraf.com/rockets/soyuz.htm

Already in the works :)

Noice! Any dev pictures or have you not gotten that far? :P

I could take the time to take a few screenshots, upload them to imgur and post them here, but if you've seen a Soyuz before it pretty much looks exactly the same, except for the fairing. But as soon as I get a few part into the game I will of course upload a few photos to the thread :)

So the stock configs are 64% scale or not a little confused sorry

They are not exatcly 64% in the current update, but they have enough deltaV and TWR to get reasonable payloads into LKO and GTO. The next update will have stock configs that are exactly 64% compared to real life, which should make it alot easier to choose the correct lifter for whatever the payload is and its destination.

Super excited for the next update! Can't wait for that Ariane 5. Will the Soyuz be next in line? :b

Soyuz is progressing quite nicely. I'm doing minor work on Soyuz whilst I finish up Ariane 5. Once ATV and its solar panels are textured, as well as the HM-7B engine textures, I'll move on to doing some last minute config work (64% stock configs, Real Plume, ETC). Dragon01 offered to help speed up the process by taking on some of the config work, which was very much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Are these configured under Realism Overhaul?

I'll start working on Realism Overhaul once the next update is live. I just want to have most of the launchers ready and released before I start working on RO. As the mod stands now, all launchers have sufficient deltaV and TWR to get into LEO and GTO in RSS. The end goal for this mod is, and always have been Realism Overhaul.

Do you have any pictures of the Soyuz yet? I'm super excited for this mod!!!

I'll post a few pictures of it on the 1st page once I have all the parts in the game (like with Ariane 5). There is no point in spamming untextured pictures of it here, as it looks exactly like any other soyuz except for the fairing and some minor differences.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another hand that hopefully dragon01 delivers...hasn't exactly pulled through with his other conquests.

- - - Updated - - -

Fwiw liquid RO in git has some configs for your work already.

Oh ok, so people have already started doing RO for some of the launchers. Nice, makes my life a bit easier.

Do you have any pictures of the Soyuz yet? I'm super excited for this mod!!!
I'll post a few pictures of it on the 1st page once I have all the parts in the game (like with Ariane 5). There is no point in spamming untextured pictures of it here, as it looks exactly like any other soyuz except for the fairing and some minor differences.

Look what I've sparked! :P

Totally not sorry.

Will do! I'd love to be part of the team, even if my only job is throwing random ideas out there. I can be "Hype Director." :P

After Soyuz is released I'll be open to new ideas again. I was thinking of doing Ariane 1-4 just to have them in the pack. I also really want to do Titan IV. But other than that, if you or anyone else has ideas for what would be cool to have in this mod, send any ideas (preferably with reference material) to me by PM :)

I'd love to see a solid Titan II-IV series. Wouldn't think adding Titan II-III would be that tough after Titan IV is done, or start Titan II and work your way up. Either way. Having Ariane 1-4 seems like a logical step after having 5-6 already done. Plus with all of 1-4 being related, should be fairly easy to achieve.

After that seeing a solid real scale Atlas D through III would be quite nice too.

As much as I like FASA, even with RO doesn't do real scale quite the justice it deserves and a bit desired.

After Soyuz is released I'll be open to new ideas again. I was thinking of doing Ariane 1-4 just to have them in the pack. I also really want to do Titan IV. But other than that, if you or anyone else has ideas for what would be cool to have in this mod, send any ideas (preferably with reference material) to me by PM :)

Oh the Titan family would be awesome! Also, are you considering doing the rockets from the Europa Program?

I'd love to see a solid Titan II-IV series. Wouldn't think adding Titan II-III would be that tough after Titan IV is done, or start Titan II and work your way up. Either way. Having Ariane 1-4 seems like a logical step after having 5-6 already done. Plus with all of 1-4 being related, should be fairly easy to achieve.

After that seeing a solid real scale Atlas D through III would be quite nice too.

As much as I like FASA, even with RO doesn't do real scale quite the justice it deserves and a bit desired.

Titan II-III will certainly be added if I do Titan IV. I just like Titan IV the most out of the Titans, which is why I want to do that one first. As for Atlas D and III, I believe Raidernick is busy with making all the early rockets, so he might do Atlas D (who knows).

Atlas III I think would fall under rockets that Kartoffelkuchen would probably do down the line. I don't want to do Atlas II and III if Kartoffelkuchen wants to add them to his pack at some point. It's already a bit "backwards" of me having the Delta III in my pack, as Kartoffelkuchen will definitely add it to his pack at some point. I did not know he was planning on making it when I made mine, so I will most likely remove my D3 once his is released.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh the Titan family would be awesome! Also, are you considering doing the rockets from the Europa Program?

Doing the Europa program would be fairly quick work as the rockets are not too complicated. I'll probbly add them at some point, just to have them in the pack.

Oh I agree, I like the Titan IV too. Glad to see II and III coming as well. Yeah, not entirely sure of KK or Raidernicks plans. I've mentioned the Atlas D-III to KK though. I'd hate to see you deprecate your DIII once KK gets his done. Might I suggest at least allowing it to be a separate download for those who'd want it. Being it is real scale and why not.

Hey, just to let you know liquid what I'm working on/what is planned:

Atlas II-III

Earlier Atlases are planned too, when I have Atlas II done I can use its engine section for the earlier ones

SpaceX rocket family (Falcon 9 is pretty much completed in terms of modelling, then Falcon 9 1.1 and 1.2 and Heavy, plus maybe Falcon 1e)

Delta III/IV

Earlier Delta's are just an option, I don't know if I'll make them, I'llhave enough to do with the stuff above, so if you want to do them I won't even start with this (But BTW, I'm working on the engines for Atlas and Thor, so if you start with Thors I can give you the engines for it! :) )

And really, you don't have to put your D3 down when mine is released, really not! ;)

Oh I agree, I like the Titan IV too. Glad to see II and III coming as well. Yeah, not entirely sure of KK or Raidernicks plans. I've mentioned the Atlas D-III to KK though. I'd hate to see you deprecate your DIII once KK gets his done. Might I suggest at least allowing it to be a separate download for those who'd want it. Being it is real scale and why not.

With there being at least 3 of us who are making launchers, there are only so many to choose from. Seeing as KK is doing mostly ULA stuff, and Raidernick doing mostly early USSR/US stuff, I figured I'd steer clear of those types of launchers. Atlas II and III would fit much better in KKs pack than they would in mine anyway, as I'm going mostly for ESA launchers and a few future ones like the Ariane 6 versions, the Ariane 6 concept (PPH) and ULAs Vulcan. But maybe KK wants to add Vulcan to his pack? We'll see.

My Delta III is getting a fairly big "face-lift" for the new update, with new core tank texture, verniers for proper roll control, new DCSS (upper stage) model, new RL-10-B2 engine model with animated extendable nozzle skirt and so on. I might leave it as a separate download, but I don't feel there is a need for 2 of the same launchers once KK releases his. And it also means less for me to maintain down the line.

Side note; I believe KKs launchers are all to scale, as each of the launchers comes with optional configs for re-sizing them. So his Delta III would be the same size as mine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.