LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

22 minutes ago, Natskyge said:

How's the progress going on the vulcan? When can we expect a release?

Vulcan was finished a long time ago, as were all the other lifters. I chose to not bother with them until 1.1 was released, so now that 1.1 actually is released I can start running all the parts through Unity and get them into the game. However, since this mod is only intended for RSSRO, I'll need to wait for those mods (and their dependecies) to update before I can go ahead and test all the launch vehicles in-game.

In other news: People who have been following this thread might have noticed that I've not been around for the last few months. That is due to me getting the opportunity to travel to Africa and work with big cats. So now that I'm home and 1.1 is out, I'll start working on the mod again. I have had a few days since being back, so I finished modeling Titan 34D, Titan IIIE, IUS, Centaur-T, Centaur-D-1T and Soyuz 2-1v. After finishing all the parts for Titan IV it was really easy to convert some models and make some new ones and add a few versions of Titan III to the roster. Soyuz 2-1v was just a case of "meh, might as well". I'll keep people posted once I get back into the swing of things.

6 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Hooray, LiquidHype is back! I hope you had a good time in Africa! Even there you probably didn't see as many vultures as you came to here on the forums. On a related note, can't wait to see the update. :P

On the topic of updates: While I keep pushing onwards with texturing (a lot of things needs texturing), I'll put a link to Titan 401B + Centaur-T which I just uploaded to Sketchfab.

Linky

I'll continue uploading more and more finished models to Sketchfab whilst I'm busy texturing, in order for those of you who follow the thread to stay updated. Now that I'm back home again, I can actively start working on the mod again. Hopefully there will be rapid progress :)

Cheers guys!

Edited by liquidhype

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13.5.2016 at 1:02 AM, DarthGav said:

Hey Liquid hows the mod going, haven't heard from you in a while.

Yea I've been crazy busy for a long time now. I only have a little time here and there to work on all the models. I don't have much in terms of news, but I'll leave some WIP renders of a few different upper stages I've been working on, as well as a few quick renders of Titan IV (now with the finished UA1207 motors. Also don't pay any attention to the rectangles between the cores and the solids. Those are colliders for the solid motor attachments and I forgot to remove them.

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Very very nice! I may take a quick look at these for my current work with the Titan upper stages.

Thanks! Centaur-T is up on Sketchfab if you want to take a better look at it. There should be a link to it on this page somewhere. IUS and Centaur-D-1T still needs a lot of work, so don't bother using those as references. I still need to add the LH2 boost pump, thermal bhd, propellant settling motors, a H2O2 bottle and a few other details on D-1T.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the RL10s on the Sketchfab model are just placeholders and the gimbal mechanisms are also missing from it.

Edited by liquidhype

Just now, liquidhype said:

Thanks! Centaur-T is up on Sketchfab if you want to take a better look at it. There should be a link to it on this page somewhere. IUS and Centaur-D-1T still needs a lot of work, so don't bother using those as references. I still need to add the LH2 boost pump, thermal bhd, propellant settling motors, a H2O2 bottle and a few other details on D-1T.

Oooh, excellent! It's hard trying to make these for stockalike/lego style - especially the G/G' variants, with all those extra pipes and such that would go between different parts. I'm a bit more confident in my Centaur D mesh, at least what I have so far. It all needs another pass first. 

2 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

You can't? You used to be able to, but LiquidHype took it down to revamp the launchers, life happened, months later we're here, waiting just like you. :P

I decided to remove the download for the old launch vehicles due to them not being good enough. The first time I ever touched 3D modeling software was June of last year, and I've learnt quite a lot since then. I wanted to re-release them, as well as all the new launchers once I finished modeling, texturing and running everything through Unity. Unfortunately, a short time after I removed the initial download I got a new job and real life kicked me in the face. I have not had all that much time to work on the mod, but rest assured I am working on it whenever I have the time. At this time I have 16 different launch vehicles in different stages of development, most of them already modeled. I just need the free time to finish everything.

To be honest, I should never have released the old Vega, Ariane 6 and Delta III in the first place. They were all a case of the "everybody look what I made" syndrome first-time-modders usually experience. But now I know better, so I'll only release all the new ones, once I feel the are up to standard and I've gotten the nod of approval from the people on the forum who actually knows more than me about rockets. I'd rather do it right the first time, than go back and re-do things over and over. Hopefully that is understandable.

8 hours ago, liquidhype said:

I decided to remove the download for the old launch vehicles due to them not being good enough. The first time I ever touched 3D modeling software was June of last year, and I've learnt quite a lot since then. I wanted to re-release them, as well as all the new launchers once I finished modeling, texturing and running everything through Unity. Unfortunately, a short time after I removed the initial download I got a new job and real life kicked me in the face. I have not had all that much time to work on the mod, but rest assured I am working on it whenever I have the time. At this time I have 16 different launch vehicles in different stages of development, most of them already modeled. I just need the free time to finish everything.

To be honest, I should never have released the old Vega, Ariane 6 and Delta III in the first place. They were all a case of the "everybody look what I made" syndrome first-time-modders usually experience. But now I know better, so I'll only release all the new ones, once I feel the are up to standard and I've gotten the nod of approval from the people on the forum who actually knows more than me about rockets. I'd rather do it right the first time, than go back and re-do things over and over. Hopefully that is understandable.

Sounds great, good decision! 

Yeah, just make it right on the first try. I'm working on the Delta II now for the 4th time. :wink:

Can't wait for your progress updates. :)

45 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Sounds great, good decision! 

Yeah, just make it right on the first try. I'm working on the Delta II now for the 4th time. :wink:

Can't wait for your progress updates. :)

Man, 4 times, sheesh that's dedication. I did see the image of your Delta II first stage, and it is looking fantastic. I believe I read you were going to re-do Falcon 9 FT as well. You're crazy :) Though I can definitely relate, as I have scrapped and re-modeled different launch vehicles more times than I care to admit.

Hopefully we stop being perfectionists and get to release these rockets one of these days.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.