parasite, the space claw

Wow that\'s brilliant, and totally unexpected, a booster clean-up ship? Well done :)

How does she handle when you have grabbed hold? I\'m guessing you can push boosters into an aerobraking orbit if you are careful but with such an off axis load you\'ll be prone to tumbling.

thanks for the comment

it handels like a brick in a cartbord box, moving from side to side

and when you have grabed onto it, you cant use the engine

because it wil spin like crazy.

and it isnt a good clean-up ship sins it drops debris on its way up.

it is more of a exsperiment.

However, I think this will be useful for any servicing missions to preexisting sat networks when docking is introduced. It might be useful too to preform station keeping on a sat that is out of station keeping fuel.

I wonder if you could put two such craft on opposite sides of the debris, then turn on their engines alternately?

In all seriousness, though, that\'s an awesome-looking ship. Might want to experiment with using RCS to maintain course and avoid the asymmetric instability.

I wonder if you could put two such craft on opposite sides of the debris, then turn on their engines alternately?

In all seriousness, though, that\'s an awesome-looking ship. Might want to experiment with using RCS to maintain course and avoid the asymmetric instability.

Or have what is essentially two craft but have them bolted together. ;D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.