Female Kerbal Animations

tg626

I looked over and saw this:

nFD4Q64.png

Actually it got worse, her eyes appearing through her upper lips as her carefree grin became maniacal expression bordering on tortured macabre... well you get the point...

Her teeth appear through her lower jaw from time to time too.

Has this actually gone unnoticed so far? It kinda freaked me out actually...

On the other end of things, I've had female Kerbals pull completely deadpan expressions with no animation for uncomfortable amounts of time, even while their male counterparts continue to do their idle animations (adjusting helmets and dancing in their seats). The female Kerbals are just...sitting there...and staring at me...

http://i.imgur.com/nFD4Q64.png

Actually it got worse, her eyes appearing through her upper lips as her carefree grin became maniacal expression bordering on tortured macabre... well you get the point...

And you didn't notice they lack a tongue?

That's Fizzgig from the 1982 movie The Dark Crystal.

No, I'm not some kind of walking, talking movie database. My google-foo is just a bit above average.

Edited by Tex_NL

He's Fizzgig from the 1982 movie The Dark Crystal.

No, I'm not some kind of walking, talking movie database. My google-foo is just a bit above average.

I had to check the exact spelling of his name too. : )

What a great movie, by the way.

Congratulations, your prize is waiting for you at the upper-right corner of the screen !

Edited by Plume & Akakak

It's been a long time since I saw that movie last. I might venture to the darker corners of the web and see if I can download a decent copy.

Back in the day it made quite an impression on me. I remember watching this movie for the first time at a birthday party in elementary school in the early 80's.

Edited by Tex_NL
typo

Female Kerbals don't quite equip their EVA packs as good as males; The EVA packs were possibly more than likely animated to be used by Males only, and whilst Squad have done their best to animate Female kerbals with nearly the same animation, their hands and EVA Pack don't go quite as smooth.

That probably made no sense, but next time you are controlling a Female Kerbal in EVA, press 'E' (to equip the EVA Pack) and watch the Kerbal's hands and the little controls on the EVA Pack.

That's Fizzgig from the 1982 movie The Dark Crystal.

You need Google to remember Kara's pet Fizzgig? (inconspicuously slides a chair in front of the 'D' section of his DVD collection)

Then again, I suppose I should not be terribly disappointed that it took 15 minutes for someone to identify the character using Google, it is more of a fantasy than sci-fi movie after all...

You need Google to remember Kara's pet Fizzgig? (inconspicuously slides a chair in front of the 'D' section of his DVD collection)

Then again, I suppose I should not be terribly disappointed that it took 15 minutes for someone to identify the character using Google, it is more of a fantasy than sci-fi movie after all...

I remembered it from the Dark Crystal movie, but I didn't remember it's name.

1. Her name is Kira, not Kara.
  2. It didn't take me 15 minutes to find it.
    Yes, there is a 15 minute gap between Plume's question and my answer but that doesn't mean I spent all that time searching. It only took me a few minutes to find the correct name.

Edited by Tex_NL
typo

The Male's teeth wil also sometimes poke throught their skin as well. Not to mention one of the eyes of the male Kerbals is still floating off their head.

izvc9Ym.jpg

Edited by klesh
better picture.

On the other end of things, I've had female Kerbals pull completely deadpan expressions with no animation for uncomfortable amounts of time, even while their male counterparts continue to do their idle animations (adjusting helmets and dancing in their seats). The female Kerbals are just...sitting there...and staring at me...

200_s.gif

They might be doing this.

Maybe they're made of something which can rearrange itself into what ever shape it wants. So when bits poke out, it's not damaged.
Doesn't mean it's not incredibly painful. I can never look at Kerbals the same now... :(

Back on topic (sorta), here's the guy still holding the title. A closer relative, most certainly.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x116o18_classic-sesame-street-grover-s-health-minute-teeth_fun

That's Kermit the Frog! Give me rep please. :P

Seriously, the animation bugs are creepy. Squad, please fix them. There will be loads of time after 1.1. Your devs are getting less and less work. The male kerbal animations have never glitched out on me.

That's Kermit the Frog! Give me rep please. :P

Well no. :)

I don't mind those glitches. I've used this picture as an avatar for a long time :

850814skakakyrim01.jpg

Oh the sweet intriguing indecency of anatomy atlases and sectional drawings.

Also, glitches can be fine. That's just the material expressing itself. Like splinters on a wooden floor make a room more lively.

Edited by Plume & Akakak

http://i.imgur.com/nFD4Q64.png

Looks like her upper denture is about to fall out. lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.