Kerbal Space program game Crash

I have got a problem: when i plaing the game, it crashes and make this error.log:

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.5.2f1_9abb1b59b47c]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module mono.dll at 001b:10106e5e.

Error occurred at 2015-08-06_142628.

D:\Program Files\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Roland.

72% memory in use.

1024 MB physical memory [927 MB free].

2048 MB paging file [1024 MB free].

2048 MB user address space [70 MB free].

Write to location 000000 caused an access violation.

Context:

EDI: 0x0000001 ESI: 0x74c65e40 EAX: 0x000000

EBX: 0x0a5b14e0 ECX: 0x000000 EDX: 0x2f0485b0

EIP: 0x10106e5e EBP: 0x0024f43c SegCs: 0x0000001b

EFlags: 0x00210246 ESP: 0x0024f438 SegSs: 0x00000023

What should i do?

And i dont have the edge highlighting option in the settings menu

Moved to the Support (unmodded) section for now. From what I can see though, you're trying to run the game on a machine with 1GB RAM? That would be a bit... low, for KSP, if so.

So, you said, i should lower the graphics settings?

I noticed that you have it installed in D:\Program Files. Try moving it to D:\Kerbal Space Program.

My install was also in Program Files, and it wasn't crashing but it made strange things happen like saving my screenshots to C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\KSP.

Worth a try since it's really easy. Good Luck!

2048 MB user address space [70 MB free].

Going by this bit and the name of your program files folder, you are running on a 32 bit version of Windows and are hitting the limit of memory that KSP (or any other individual process) can use which is only 2GB on 32 bit windows. You could try the -force-opengl or -force-d3d11 options and/or reduce the texture resolution setting to reduce the usage but there are a number of memory leaks in the game that will cause the usage to increase over time eventually causing a crash. The only workaround for this is to monitor how much memory KSP is using and restart the game when it gets close to the limit (how close depends on exactly how you are measuring the usage and you should be able to work out a sensible value by watching for when it crashes a few times).

Well, after reducing the texture settings and/or using the opengl/d3d11 setting, the stock game should be able to run for quite a while before crashing. It is annoying but hopefully the memory leaks and other bugs will start getting more attention once the Unity 5 update and the other announced changes are done.

As for hastebin, you need to post the link to the hastebin page so we can see it... ;)

The stock game should just keep running, not for days at a time but definitely for a play session lasting several hours as the memory leak with the edge glow has been stoppered.

We really need your full logs including dxdiag to get a better idea of what's going on here.

Well, the vessel is always different. Sometimes its a simple rocket or a rover or a satelite or nothing.

I can't post the log from dxdiag, because i have got a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrry slow internet connection, so i can't run the diagnostic.

I tried the copy, but it won't help.

It might be a stretch, but try giving the -popupwindow option a try. Looks like you have a slightly unusual resolution set, and perhaps that's causing a hiccup with your graphics drivers during scene transitions.

To add the flag, create a shortcut to KSP.exe. Edit the properties, and add '-popupwindow' to the end of the shortcut link (but without the '). So it should look something like

C:\Games\KSP\KSP.exe -popupwindow

or maybe even

"C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe" -popupwindow

If windows put quotes (") in your link, the -popupwindow flag must go outside those. You may want to also consider fiddling with your resolution settings, or at least confirm that they match whatever your computer's desktop is set to.

Cheers,

~Claw

It might be a stretch, but try giving the -popupwindow option a try. Looks like you have a slightly unusual resolution set, and perhaps that's causing a hiccup with your graphics drivers during scene transitions.

To add the flag, create a shortcut to KSP.exe. Edit the properties, and add '-popupwindow' to the end of the shortcut link (but without the '). So it should look something like

C:\Games\KSP\KSP.exe -popupwindow

or maybe even

"C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe" -popupwindow

If windows put quotes (") in your link, the -popupwindow flag must go outside those. You may want to also consider fiddling with your resolution settings, or at least confirm that they match whatever your computer's desktop is set to.

Cheers,

~Claw

What is the POPUPWINDOW? I'm hungarian.

Ahh I see, well this is how to use it.

To run DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, typing dxdiag in the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.

When asked if you want dxdiag to check for WHQL digital signatures click yes.

In the tool, select "Save All Information" for an easily shared format.

Edited by sal_vager

Your dxdiag shows me that your graphics driver is very old, this would also explain why the memory is not being accurately reported in the KSP log.

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1043 (English)
Driver Version: 8.771.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/26/2010 04:01:04, 528384 bytes

That dates back to 2010, the last driver I can find for your card was released in 2013, you can get it here.

You need to update your driver, download the new driver first then use "Programs and Features" in the Windows control panel to fully remove the current driver.

Then, reboot your PC so any traces of the old driver are removed.

Then install the 2013 driver, and reboot the PC again to make sure it is working correctly.

It is important to know that AMD does not support your graphics card any more, and will not provide any newer drivers than the one linked above, so any issues you have with that card and driver in the future cannot be fixed.

Also it is important to know that KSP will crash occasionally, but it should be rare.

Edited by sal_vager

Just to be clear about what reboot means... That simply means to restart it. That does not mean "reinstall windows."

It's a good idea to restart windows occasionally. Especially after installing any system required software, like sound or video drivers. These pieces of software interface directly with Windows, and it can be important to make sure no old pieces are left behind in memory, as sal_vager points out.

Cheers,

-Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.