Your wierdest ship ever?

Back in 0.90, I started experimenting with SSTO rocketships, and I was trying to take an existing SSTO design of mine, the Jupitec 4 series, and add enough delta-V to allow flights to Minmus and back. So I added nacelles and air intakes (for Kerbin launches where air-breathing give considerable benefits) and next thing you know I have something that looks more like a fairytale castle than a rocket.

The original Jupitec series doesn't fare so well in KSP 1.0+, I regret to say, although I am working on the Jupitec X line and have some initial successes. Regardless, I don't think I'll be making any more Flying Buttresses. :P

Truly speechless.

Flower wings, bird wings, washboard wings, space invader wings, trident wings.

Any more sight of wings and I'll actually go out and buy KFC chicken wings!

Ok, on to one of mine. This design never caught on for obvious reasons. It's a massive rover styled like a diner.

In order to boost public acceptance a fellow YouTuber made a video of sending it offworld to claim its namesake as the McDuna Restaurant.

What resulted was a Minmus skycrane landing followed by this:

Fast N Kerbal: Minmus Drift

Can't go wrong with full opposite lock in microgravity!

Edited by pandoras kitten

Thanks, I probably will be releasing it soon if you want it. This is what I've done with it since then:

Wow! It's actually airdrop tested. Great, I was wanting to build an air deployable rover to put in the Skyranger replica. Let me know when it's in the showrooms. 10/10 will buy using kash from space program budget for "testing" purposes. Will credit you as craft designer if it appears in my future videos.

Can we have the .craft for your truck? It looks awesome!

Very, very nearly released. Just testing the Super-Deluxe model with fancier interior, cd player, and of course that essential pick up truck accessory Ejection Seats.

EDIT: It needs a name, any suggestions?

9EZeIlY.jpg

Edited by BlueCanary

Wow! It's actually airdrop tested. Great, I was wanting to build an air deployable rover to put in the Skyranger replica. Let me know when it's in the showrooms. 10/10 will buy using kash from space program budget for "testing" purposes. Will credit you as craft designer if it appears in my future videos.

Here it is, with more explodable Deluxe edition too: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/131253-Ford-Kraptor-Pickup-Truck-Low-part-airdrop-capable-ejection-seats

Whoa, how did you build it? Whole VAB would fit inside that thing!

(and what are these orange thingies?)

I didn't technically build it; rather I ported it in from the SpaceEngine ship builder using the OBJ export feature, Blender, and Unity, creating a single-part "ship". The orange parts are SpaceEngine's heat radiators.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.