[1.2.x] [1.4 in Development] Real KSC in KSP Dev Continued

Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

Liquidhype, I see you are planning on doing a SpaceX barge for this pack. Might I suggest using this model. https://www.reddit.com/r/spacex/comments/2sz0i9/asds_highish_resolution_3d_model/ . The author (from his posts on the linked thread) is ok with someone turning the model into a part for KSP. You could use this, as it would save you much work, it should only need a collision mesh, as it is already modeled textured and uv mapped.

The one major issue with that model is that it has a tri-count of over 130.000 and face-count over 200.000 :) That is way overkill for KSP. It is the same issue with all the models from NASAs page.

But hey, it's a nice reference :)

The one major issue with that model is that it has a tri-count of over 130.000 and face-count over 200.000 :) That is way overkill for KSP. It is the same issue with all the models from NASAs page.

But hey, it's a nice reference :)

are we gonna use the one in Chris's pack?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you share an image or two of the ASDS model?

ed3008097a.png

e0ee43ac09.png

Just to remind you, if you could just get the shuttle era stuff done, I can start to finish planning my STS series. not wanting to rush you guys, because this is amazing!

We don't cater to individual requests :) All of Mike's shuttle stuff is placed and done, atleast on my end. There will still not be any download link provided until we have atleast 15 or so launchpads/site up and running.

ok...I might have to deal with the stock version of this project for the time period for the Enterprise testing, but will switch off to the RSS version for the remainer of the shuttle program (want to set my orbit altitude exactly to what they had it irl)

liquid hype what is the current number? And do you mean pads or entire complexes?

As far as I know, the only 100% complete "complexes" are Chris' ones, some of Mikes shuttle stuff and the Atlas pad from Kartoffekuchen. I'm unsure if Kartoffelkuchen is done texturing the pad or what not. But we don't have nearly enough to release anything. The name of this mod is the real KSC, and so far we don't have a real KSC.

Once the entire KSC is done, and we have a couple other launchpads/sites scattered around the place, we can go ahead and add a download for the mod.

I think that once you and Karl are done we can probably release it.

That is by no means up to you to decide. Once we have the modern day KSC up and running we can talk about adding downloads. Everything else like the SpaceX stuff, White Sands, Baikonour and so on are just bonuses. The mod is named "The Real KSC", not "random unfinished launchsites"

That is by no means up to you to decide. Once we have the modern day KSC up and running we can talk about adding downloads. Everything else like the SpaceX stuff, White Sands, Baikonour and so on are just bonuses. The mod is named "The Real KSC", not "random unfinished launchsites"

liquidhype, I might have to use your own words against you! I do not believe that it is for you to decide either! This would be Triston's decision!

liquidhype, I might have to use your own words against you! I do not believe that it is for you to decide either! This would be Triston's decision!

Then you would be completely wrong :)

- - - Updated - - -

This was my idea from the get go. Triston was interested in this as well so we ended up teaming up. I gave him the go-ahead to open this thread, that is the only reason his name is in the OP. Other than that, this is a joint venture between me, Trison and the other actual modelers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.