Windows users rejoice.

regex

thats the thing tho, max rambles on his personal account, and because max IS the lead dev far as last i heard, his word is treated as gospel so, anything he says is treated as an announcement, which is like a slap in our faces when, several days or more elapse w/out anything from him or any other dev here. The other thing is, we should not have to wait more than minutes between social media and the forum getting word officially and not some user driven scavenger hunt across the the world.

Max is not the lead dev, Harvester is. Max is the head Producer for KSP.

thats the thing tho, max rambles on his personal account, and because max IS the lead dev far as last i heard, his word is treated as gospel so, anything he says is treated as an announcement, which is like a slap in our faces when, several days or more elapse w/out anything from him or any other dev here. The other thing is, we should not have to wait more than minutes between social media and the forum getting word officially and not some user driven scavenger hunt across the the world.

no max is not a dev he is a producer.

while he is involved in development but he isnt developing the actual game, he is excited about things like any human being and if you feel that it's a slap to your face when squad and mainly kasper and badie are working to get you a good announcement with some actual substance-well it's your problem because you cant always get anything like you want it immediately.

patience is a virtue

straw man? i dont think so

im speaking basic truths. if your seeing straw men, then i cannot help you. Basic fact is this: this is the official forum for this game, logic and commonsense dictate that this should be the first place to get any information regarding this game. pure and simple. I have stated in many posts in this single thread why this is truth. I hate the fact that Im still being involved in something that has a simple cure but wont be used.

Ignath: i stand or um sit corrected, but, still max is in a position of great import, and thus we tend to take his word as gospel. which again, means making tweets like that and ignoring the forums touches situations like this off.

no max is not a dev he is a producer.

while he is involved in development but he isnt developing the actual game, he is excited about things like any human being and if you feel that it's a slap to your face when squad and mainly kasper and badie are working to get you a good announcement with some actual substance-well it's your problem because you cant always get anything like you want it immediately.

patience is a virtue

patience is a virtue when this forum is not ignored for days on end after again, someone whos word is very nearly taken as gospel is randomly shot into the world anywhere but here. but, again, ive said this in one form or another a dozen or more times. Ive had enough of this.

Edited by Higgs

im speaking basic truths. if your seeing straw men, then i cannot help you. Basic fact is this: this is the official forum for this game, logic and commonsense dictate that this should be the first place to get any information regarding this game. pure and simple. I have stated in many posts in this single thread why this is truth. I hate the fact that Im still being involved in something that has a simple cure but wont be used.

Ignath: i stand or um sit corrected, but, still max is in a position of great import, and thus we tend to take his word as gospel. which again, means making tweets like that and ignoring the forums touches situations like this off.

A) it's not a "truth" it's an opinion.

B) you might want to check and see other places and how they operate.

C) limiting your PR to one place is really bad business wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps (works fine for me, except when running the ERS mod), but nothing in that tweet said Windows only.

it is said that no system would be left behind. i am just questioning the Mac stability in both 32 and the widely known as unstable 64bit (that might change but i believe 64 will be a bit less stable than 32)

I will say this ONE FINAL TIME: I have personal reasons to NOT use: facebook, twitter or reddit. I also state that there are others who face the same limitation. This limits me to THIS forum. pure and simple. Again, I am DONE with this subject.

I'm in total agreement with you Higgs... ( minus actually restricting Max from twit-ting game-related info [if you were the one that said that], I'd just rather it be posted in BOTH places ) no conflict here. I was just correcting a misconception you had that I was sure (see the post above yours) that EladDv would use in his argument.

I will say this ONE FINAL TIME: I have personal reasons to NOT use: facebook, twitter or reddit. This limits me to THIS forum. pure and simple. Again, I am DONE with this subject.

those are your limits and are not needed to be imposed on the developers

"Just got out of a big meeting regarding the Unity upgrade. Considering the size, we're calling 1.1 now. And it ain't far." "We got like... 64 reasons to be excited about 1.1"
See? You just wrote that OP, would have made a perfect forum topic and probably would have generated quite a buzz here. Probably didn't take you all that long either. I see no reason why Max couldn't do the same whenever he makes a Twitter post.

Unless, of course, he's really that starved for Twitter followers...

i dont expect anyone to go on every single media announcing such a tease after a meeting i would think that with the amount of times this will occur you(plural) will find it annoying and start complaining about flooding the forum with meaningless announcements (i have to stay on topic more). on this occasion it's totally fine to get on the easiest platform to post these short teases and not just flood the forum with them- if it conjures up enough interest it will find itself into the forums- i havnt seen that every single one of max's tweets go on here.
If it's in a special part of the forums no one need be annoyed at all, they just don't have to go there. Now, if they're crapping up General with Max's general Twitter ramblings, I'd have a problem. And the suitability of a certain platform for certain types of announcements/media/whatever is definitely up to personal belief and not at all set in stone. Twitter, IMO, is utterly useless as a conversation platform and even as an announcement platform. Forum software like this is much more flexible.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you guys can stop arguing about news not posted to the forums to check out the news that was posted to the forums while you were arguing about no news being posted here.

News on the KSP forums? Preposterous!

No one cares about Xbone.

You know what, this thread is going nowhere.

You want news here, then complain about it when you get it, and all the points being brought up have been brought up before, and answered before, but like the news you don't like, you didn't like the answers you were given.

Closing!