Very Excited for 1.1!!!

SpenSpaceCorp

Looking at the new 1.1 album, I am so excited!!! Not only is there love for spaceplanes, but space shuttle designs specifically! I Really look forward to putting the Vector engines on my space shuttle, probably making things about 110% easier! Also new jet engines finally! Also also a CARGO RAMP!!! YUSSSSS!

(PS: With the vector engine, I immediately thought of "We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?")

EDIT: 1.1 album:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

http://imgur.com/a/NkzMp

Edited by SpenSpaceCorp

Looking at the new 1.1 album, I am so excited!!! Not only is there love for spaceplanes, but space shuttle designs specifically! I Really look forward to putting the Vector engines on my space shuttle, probably making things about 110% easier! Also new jet engines finally! Also also a CARGO RAMP!!! YUSSSSS!

(PS: With the vector engine, I immediately thought of "We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"

Surely you must be joking.

I'm looking forward to unity 5 and full 64-bit support. I hope the bit about the new PhysX being able to distribute ship physics across multiple cores is correct and not a mis-communication.

Would be nice to have a link as a reference, because I have no clue what you're talking about.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content/352-Kerbal-Space-Program-1-1-update

http://imgur.com/a/NkzMp

The Shirley line made me giggle.

Edit:

*looks at Xyphos' signature*

*looks at avatar before him*

Rocket Pony?

Edited by monstah

Looking at the new 1.1 album, I am so excited!!! Not only is there love for spaceplanes...

So exactly the same as the last 4 releases; 90% spaceplanes, 9% functionality, 1% rocketry and space 10% functionality?

[Edit: corrected accidental inclusion of rocketry above]

Edited by Pecan

So exactly the same as the last 4 releases; 90% spaceplanes, 9% functionality, 1% rocketry and space 10% functionality?

[Edit: corrected accidental inclusion of rocketry above]

You'll find a thread that should be more to your liking that was started recently by me.

I will note that rocketry does get a new LFO engine, and functionality/space does get the remote-tech like thing (that will likely result in probes I've sent whizzing by their destinations, getting a gravity assist from jool, and never working again)

I have to say that I love the new cargo ramp, and not just for use on planes. Think of all the possible spacecraft uses for it! Imagine a booster that, instead of fairings, uses cargo bays and can just drop its content out the back while decelerating back into aerobreaking. Or imagine a "White Base" style carrier that can deploy landers and probes. Come to think of it, even on an airless planetary environment that might be one of the better ways of getting a rover down in one piece, or for recovering modules stuck on the surface for contracts.

Surely you must be joking.

I'm looking forward to unity 5 and full 64-bit support. I hope the bit about the new PhysX being able to distribute ship physics across multiple cores is correct and not a mis-communication.

ksp is single core? damn...i knew it was 32 bit but always thought it could do dual core, guess my other 3 were just sitting there on a smoke break (which explains the smoke coming from my computer)

ksp is single core? damn...i knew it was 32 bit but always thought it could do dual core, guess my other 3 were just sitting there on a smoke break (which explains the smoke coming from my computer)

Kind of ... KSP uses multiple cores, but for technical reasons, all the physics is done on a single core, which ends up almost always being the bottleneck on performance.

I have to say that I love the new cargo ramp, and not just for use on planes. Think of all the possible spacecraft uses for it! Imagine a booster that, instead of fairings, uses cargo bays and can just drop its content out the back while decelerating back into aerobreaking. Or imagine a "White Base" style carrier that can deploy landers and probes. Come to think of it, even on an airless planetary environment that might be one of the better ways of getting a rover down in one piece, or for recovering modules stuck on the surface for contracts.

God! I just tested a Mk3 survey plane with a VTOL reusable rover. That *@%$-#% took 30 minutes and countless tries to redock with the carrier. Can't get a ramp quick enough. It will be murder on CoM migration though.

Why are you calling it a GE-90? Why not just call it a large turbofan? Or do you have to be that pedantic to call it a specific engine though it's obviously based on general large turbofans and is not an exact replica of it?

6025%20ge90%20115b1255983614.jpg

I think calling it "GE-90" affectionally would be pretty good.

Not to be mean, but why are you calling it a GE-90? Why not just call it a large turbofan? Or do you have to be that pedantic to call it a specific engine though it's obviously based on general large turbofans and is not an exact replica of it?

Because it's an enormous turbofan... And it looks pretty close. Real GE-90 has a diameter of 3.5m. I'm pretty sure that kerbal parts are downscaled a bit compared to real life counterparts, so, I guess 2.5m engine is most definitely a GE-90 version...

Like... do you see this? The only problem that the current airliner wings we have, belong to 737, not 777... They are a bit too small.

0881502.jpg

I like the size2 turbofan, now we don't have to spam so many damn jets to achieve the same result.

also, I like cargobay tail section, it almost looks like the one from B9, and I can see it getting MANY uses, since it won't clip into the engines on our vessels.

now we just need the normal cargobays re-worked so they don't clip.

Not to be mean, but why are you calling it a GE-90? Why not just call it a large turbofan? Or do you have to be that pedantic to call it a specific engine though it's obviously based on general large turbofans and is not an exact replica of it?

I'm certainly calling it a GE90, both because it's my favorite turbofan and because it looks exactly like one:

GE90s.jpg

The pylon is distinctive in how close to wing level the top of the engine is, and no other large turbofan actually looks quite the same. (besides which, the GE90 is the largest single turbofan by more than a foot fan diameter over the next, and also by maximum thrust--so if you pick a specific engine, well, this is it.)

Though it does look silly on the airliner wing we currently have in stock, because the wing isn't large enough. The Mk3 fuselages are about big enough though, so hopefully we get a matching wing! (or apply tweakscale liberally)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.