(1.0.4 Compatible) SSP: Space Shuttle Program (On Hold for Internal Reorganization)

Sampa

Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
    • What's CSS?

the mod is set up so if you have version checker installed, you will be notified of newer versions when starting ksp

also, link never changes, a list of versions including current version with .zip download is on that github page

its on this forums page one

(this message is for anyone)

- - - Updated - - -

I will sort out a new layout separating the shuttle from the extras...

A little W.I.P. picture for all the IVA pilots out there.

oJsl

And while I'm at it: HELP NEEDED!

Iam in need of someone with C# experience. The goal is to create a realistic as possible HUD. So working FPM, Vector "meatball" and flare marking while landing. If you want to see what I mean, search youtube for a HUD landing or try the space shuttle android/IOS game from F-Sim. If nobody can help with this I will do it myself but it will be an addon later.

I could also use someone experienced in creating Internals and props in Unity. The translation of the model with props to Unity is a tedious work and when I have to do it both the IVA will be done when humanity has left this planet and lives on Mars.

Again, please only experienced people willing to help reply, I don't have time to assist with C# and prop making in Unity for I want to finish the IVA this year ;-)

Edited by Jeast

For the record, there was a design-change on the 2nd XB-70. Its main wing (well, the parts outboard of the twin vertical tails) were given a 5 degree dihedral angle, to improve handling at speeds above Mach 2.5, and to correct for that, the drooping wingtips were made to fold 5 degrees extra so they would fold to the same anhedral angle that the first prototype's wingtips had with the "flat" wings. Prototype 1's wingtips folded 25 degrees down for flight between mach 0.9 and mach 1.8, and 65 degrees down at speeds above mach 1.8. To compensate for its extra 5 degrees of dihedral, Prototype 2's wingtops folded 30 degrees down for flight between mach 0.9 and mach 1.8, and 70 degrees down at speeds above mach 1.8.

Prototype 1 (s/n 20001)

http://www.aircraftinformation.info/Images/Valkyrie_06.jpg

Prototype 2 (s/n 20207)

http://api.ning.com/files/HfUvPSttO0Jx7wxzeEqxNDa5gR0YRJHqJFHoJkFRTZjkUkJSFfOukfc6QLlfPTrBoh1Vdm0GJJtDuQfdtoqFCf0YMmK2ZWwo/XB70Valkyrie1.jpg

You can see the extra dihedral if you look at the 2nd prototype's wing-trailing-edge.

North American Aviation proposed to attach a delta-winged version of the X-15 rocket-powered spaceplane atop the XB-70 like this.http://ipmscanada.com/ipms/member%20models/malaguti/Malaguti_Image/XB-70_1.jpg

I was thinking of a version of this with the 2nd prototype Valkyrie (with the extra dihedral on the wings, as the lack of dihedral on prototype 1 is why they limited it to below mach 2.5). Just a suggestion

I now have the xb70 seperated onto sections for ksp. Added thrust and lift. Winglets go up and down using IR. Can limit to 5 degrees up and 70 down. Keys up and down to control. These also have dynamic aero and will affect how it flies.

Flies well as it is on placeholder aero configs. Has working airbrakes.

Up next is landing gear animation to simulate the real thing. This should be easy.

Will add tripple parachute which can decouple after touchdown.

This is fun to fly

- - - Updated - - -

A little W.I.P. picture for all the IVA pilots out there.

http://gdurl.com/oJsl

And while I'm at it: HELP NEEDED!

Iam in need of someone with C# experience. The goal is to create a realistic as possible HUD. So working FPM, Vector "meatball" and flare marking while landing. If you want to see what I mean, search youtube for a HUD landing or try the space shuttle android/IOS game from F-Sim. If nobody can help with this I will do it myself but it will be an addon later.

I could also use someone experienced in creating Internals and props in Unity. The translation of the model with props to Unity is a tedious work and when I have to do it both the IVA will be done when humanity has left this planet and lives on Mars.

Again, please only experienced people willing to help reply, I don't have time to assist with C# and prop making in Unity for I want to finish the IVA this year ;-)

Wish I knew c sharp. Is there a forum thread made for plugin development?

Can't wait to test the xb-70:

The good man who gave me the idea can have the first working version for knowledgeable feedback. Of course you can have a jam with it too if you like.

- - - Updated - - -

I did take screenshots of it in action but fell asleep before posting

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh I should get the 747 up too. Looks pretty now

I now have the xb70 seperated onto sections for ksp. Added thrust and lift. Winglets go up and down using IR. Can limit to 5 degrees up and 70 down. Keys up and down to control. These also have dynamic aero and will affect how it flies.

Flies well as it is on placeholder aero configs. Has working airbrakes.

Up next is landing gear animation to simulate the real thing. This should be easy.

Will add tripple parachute which can decouple after touchdown.

This is fun to fly

- - - Updated - - -

Wish I knew c sharp. Is there a forum thread made for plugin development?

Its really easy to learn. There are tons of examples to find on the internet. I think for the HUD we can use the source of RPM.

Yes but not for a Space Shuttle replica unfortunately. Also for graphics I need all props textures baked with the same global illumination.

Is there something you think I can manage to do over the weekend? Will certianly get back into learning c. I want to finish off romfarer plugin too

Is there something you think I can manage to do over the weekend? Will certianly get back into learning c. I want to finish off romfarer plugin too

Well I could use all help but I am not sure how to collaborate on a single model. My work now mainly consists of modeling, shading and rendering/baking. It takes a hell of a lotta time given how many buttons, switches and panels with text prints on them there are :P

Wat is that Mike? It looked like a Tu-144, but it has the engines in pairs under the wings, like Concorde. Looks great!

XB-70

b70-10.jpgXB-70-4-156.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Well I could use all help but I am not sure how to collaborate on a single model. My work now mainly consists of modeling, shading and rendering/baking. It takes a hell of a lotta time given how many buttons, switches and panels with text prints on them there are :P

well if there is any part that's able to be worked on and sent back let me know

- - - Updated - - -

im having an issue.. once i re-enter with an space shuttle it keeps flipping over to the back (keeps wanting to make loopings) how do i prevent from doing that?

Sampa, What does the team think?

I would say use SAS prograde during re-entry. also do you have any mods like FAR, and are you using the latest version of the mod, and is this one piece or the separate wing model.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Wat is that Mike? It looked like a Tu-144, but it has the engines in pairs under the wings, like Concorde. Looks great!

similarities

TU-144 Tupolev:

x1742456.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

.... hidden In a backyard...

0_80c1c_9c3fea63_orig.jpeg

http://englishrussia.com/2014/09/08/hidden-tu-144-in-kazan-outskirts/

"Looks like there is an abandoned but fully intact Tu-144 super-sonic passenger jet plane is still there in the backyard on the outskirts of Kazan city. Was discovered by the passers by and later photographed with a flying drone camera. It's can even be seen with "street-view" map"

Well if you are bored, some upgraded pedals and joystick would be nice. That way I can keep focussing on those damn panels/switches. Gotta love glass cockpits without too much switches lol

Well if you are bored, some upgraded pedals and joystick would be nice. That way I can keep focussing on those damn panels/switches. Gotta love glass cockpits without too much switches lol

I will see what I can come up with.

gear animation. 'cos I cant make GIFs

K5dZP6c.png

I use SAS prograde when i re enter (whats FAR?) and when i get below 10000 when i pull up just a bit it also starts making loopings (i cannot land the shuttle at all it just keeps making loopings...

- - - Updated - - -

this was with the one piece model by the way have not flown the other one yet

im having an issue.. once i re-enter with an space shuttle it keeps flipping over to the back (keeps wanting to make loopings) how do i prevent from doing that?

I'll have Xan track that down! At the moment, it appears to be a CoM issue. have you tried dumping or burning your remaining fuel?