(1.0.4 Compatible) SSP: Space Shuttle Program (On Hold for Internal Reorganization)

Sampa

Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
    • What's CSS?

Well if possible, could the SRBs be bit whiter, they are just a tad bit dull, also reflective, they were quite shiny!

We are trying to up the resolution on textures but honestly soon as the next kerbal patch drops we will be on unity 5 where we have x64 and better lighting and reflections to work with. Ill see what we can do on the current system but when that new patch drops i am expecting the appearance of this mod to really improve more than it already is.

The anticipation of unity 5 is killing me. I can just see it, full 8k Space Shuttles!

While the new textures for the shuttle are way better than what we had before, there is definitely room for improvement and I can't wait until we can have HD textures.

While the new textures for the shuttle are way better than what we had before, there is definitely room for improvement and I can't wait until we can have HD textures.

And you will! It is Definitely in the plans for future development!

I've made new nodes for the full body space shuttle, and the SRBs.

A suggestion; a separate decoupler for the SRBs. They can't work both as engines and decouplers.

Can you send through any updates files? Can merge to main

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have a good idea for the decoupling. But need to know: did the srb's come in different sizes?

I'm sorry but I would never download anything above 1020. Anything above that is a overkill

Until 1.1 is actually out everything is pure speculation. But know that we will QA test the mod before release by more than one person so we will definitely take feedback from dev builds and make sure the average user can enjoy the mod. Also kerbal downscales textures on its own and unity 5 i believe improves on that so your quality may be reflected on how high your graphics settings are. Like i said we wont really know until it is here but i wouldn't worry the mod will be vividly tested by more than one selection of computer hardware. Personally i will test it and i only have a Nvidia 670 and a AMD FX 8350 which is not the most beast of a rig more of a medium at this point when it comes to kerbal system requirements.

I agree about the texture issue. The Shuttle mod has the potential to be absolutely beautiful. But I'd rather a somewhat pretty mod, leaving me with more space to load a lot more other mods alongside it, come KSP 1.1

Thats exactly what we needed thank you ill send it to the right people.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree about the texture issue. The Shuttle mod has the potential to be absolutely beautiful. But I'd rather a somewhat pretty mod, leaving me with more space to load a lot more other mods alongside it, come KSP 1.1

I wouldn't worry and like i said we dont know what 1.1 is going to fully give us so we will cross that bridge when we come to it. As is i run dozens of mods and thats with the x32 limit and ATM installed. Higher res does not always make the mod better for example look at KSO i really look up to their work and made a very beautiful mod without destroying ram consumption even with all the addon packs.

My team has taken over all of his stuff. However, due to bug sorting, we need to go through everything before we,are ready to post it. As soon as we have a go from the testers and a final green light from myself, we will post a link. Please be patient.

I havent stopped working. We have: a new l-1011 aircraft with high res textures,

B52 for the x15

New shuttle model more detailed.

New higher res shuttle textures for all shuttles plus enterprise

Updating 747 texture set to high res.

X37b , x37c, almost done

X38 completed and in game

- - - Updated - - -

1600px-ISS_Crew_Return_Vehicle.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also new dreamchaser is in game. Just redoing some mesh on it

- - - Updated - - -

Added new ET texture to textureswitch option.

Awesome! Just send me a link once you're done and I'll get testing!

You were on the team right? Forgot to check recent list... can pass on to sampa to distribute.

Just wanted to post updates to keep everyone up to speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Aince I am replacing the orbiter, not much will be origional from the css mod.

Like all new