9/4/15 Spacecraft Fridays -- The Ghost Edition!

OeVBDOq.png

Welcome to Spacecraft Fridays, the Ghost Edition! I finally could connect to forums after some time of trying. Thanks in advanced KSP forums website builders, you fixed it... or what ever the problem was... :) Anyways today I used up all 10 slots allowed for spacecraft fridays. Before we get started however, If you haven't already please check out this thread. Many forums goers, including me will be live streaming for SkyRender.

GTQjVa0.png

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Mad Rocket Scientist viewpost-right.png

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I was not elected, I just decided to do it. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no non-subjective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

Let get started shall we gent's

:wink:

Andrew123's T-14 Armata with 152 mm M283 Main Gun

If there's one thing Andrew123 has been noticed for this week is his T-14 Armata replica. He also informed me that he will be popping out a couple more modern tanks within the upcoming weeks. In addition, Andrew123 also shows us a video about modern reactive "protection" systems built in these tanks. What else can you ask for?!? :D052baNK.png

Landfish2's Consolidated B-24 Liberator

Guaranteed to make your processor want to go back to the manufacture, Landfish2's B-24 Liberator not only is incredibly accurate to the touch but it comes with an amazing 1000+ parts of pure aerodynamics guaranteed to make your heatsinks melt.... Good way to punish your processor to as I've experienced testing this craft. LandFish2 really worked hard on this one, outdoing his F117 by 10Xs (Part wise :D)

o3Sv7At.png

Pandoras Kitten's 2 Storey Kolonial House FOR SALE

Pandoras Kitten surely impressed us this week. While all of us were going through a joyful time building rockets, tanks, and cars, we managed to forget that the most important things in life like a house are truly important to your survival (as a kerbal) and general well being. Who'd think of building something like this in KSP in the first place??

TUf8pNw.jpg

Rune's Javelin, Infini-range Spaceplane

Surely we've tried making an SSTO and occasionally manage to achieve a stable orbit with little Delta-v. But Rune surely showed amazing kerbal engineering skills and did what only a few forum goers have accomplished. This infini-range spaceplane can take you anywhere you want and is fairly easy to pilot. What a great build on Rune's part!

zEkMCCl.png

Azimech's B25 Mitchell

There's no question about replica at the KSP forums. Azimech clearly demonstrates his nationalism with this WWII replica. It is an enjoyable craft to fly around, probably drop some cluster bombs on top of a tank and run away with it. Azimech surely did his paper work as for the detail of such a vehicle was rather intriguing

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Eorin's Ferrari Skyracer

Theres always that one attractive feature in a craft. Eorin surely understood that concept as he made this amazing modded craft. Having two main propeller engines both located toward the front and a tail end away from the center of mass makes this craft a dream come true! No really, because it never existed :D

UpsilonAerospace's Flying Cars in 1.0.4.

UpsilonAerospace is currently making this amazing flying car, something that hasn't been seen since the early days of KSP infini-gliding :) This compact car will make Jeb and Bob have a blast (No, not the one from the crash!!) in their new KSC get-go car! Can't we all agree that when this car does come out its going to be a big one?

q3Gynl3.png

Selfish_meme's Project X VTOL SSTO SpacePlane

Selfish_meme's ground crew have been busy for the past week as for they made Project X come true. As flight records suggest (or just pictures and craft downloads :wink:) this craft can be a joy to fly around KSC or land on the abandoned runaway or simply orbit. Ever wanted to complete those suborbital missions in campaign.

Last but certainly not least

Jon144's STS Space Shuttle "Khallenger"

Jon144 collaborated with Flying beaver to make one of the most dreaded craft replica's to make in KSP. This replica is by far one of the best space shuttles I've ever seen and as said by many other forum-goers. I.E.

Wonderful, a worthy contender to inigma's well established Shuttle! It really looks good, and only the second shuttle I've seen with a proper 5m tank.

Nevertheless, outstanding job Jon144 and best of luck in your upcoming adventures

yQ6eVPL.jpg

That's all folks, thank you for viewing!

Personal Tab: I never knew how long it takes to BBcode something like this :P Now I do :) Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do a spacecraft friday ksp community :). I'm sorry if your craft didn't make the final cut just remember I searched through the entire page 1 - 4. And on that note a slow clap for all featured!! :) Have a nice day everyone.

Edited by ghostbuzzer7

Hey Ghost,

I liked your choices for the most part. I don't think you tested Landfish2's Consolidated B-24 Liberator though. Did you read my review in the thread? It is unflyable, it just explodes on the runway.. Also Rune's craft, lovely though it is, was posted three weeks ago..

Other than that, I like the choices. Azimech's aircraft especially deserved more views. You really should test craft before posting them though.

Cheers.

Edited by Majorjim

Hey Ghost,

I liked your choices for the most part. I don't think you tested Landfish2's Consolidated B-24 Liberator though. Did you read my review in the thread? It is unflyable, it just explodes on the runway.. Also Rune's craft, lovely though it is, was posted over a week ago..

Other than that, I like the choices. Azimech's aircraft especially deserved more views. You really should test craft before posting them though.

Cheers.

I was rather impressed with how he took the time to build it. You can always hyper edit it into space though. Your mini Saturn V was on the list of bookmarks. :)

I'm going to be the first guy saying this (apparently I'm not), and maybe I shouldn't, but I posted my Javelin quite some time ago. Not that I have a problem being among such distinguished gentlekerbs! :) The one that slipped through the cracks this week (I posted it last friday) is the Trident which, apparently looks a tad too simple to generate much response. Or maybe I have bad timing. In any case, I'm not complaining that I got to be in my second SCF, even if it was a bit of a cheat. :rolleyes:

Personal Tab: I never knew how long it takes to BBcode something like this :P Now I do :)

I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Rune. The pic you chose for me is one of my all-time favourite screenies.

Ok... It's time for me to start uploading my things to the Spacecraft Exchange.

Here's a suggestion for this really cool idea: Maybe as well as the 5 or 6 highlighted craft of the week whoever is doing this could include one of the rocket builders as well. This could help make smaller companies that have some really cool craft but aren't highly recognized, a little more popular.

I realize that it would take a bit of sifting around in the rocket builders forum to find a thread worth showcasing but the writers of these already have to sift around so a little extra work wouldn't be out of reach. :)

Thanks for listening to this idea. I love this thread and it needs to grow as big as it can! :D

YargJay9991

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a suggestion for this really cool idea: Maybe as well as the 5 or 6 highlighted craft of the week whoever is doing this could include one of the rocket builders as well. This could help make smaller companies that have some really cool craft but aren't highly recognized, a little more popular.

I realize that it would take a bit of sifting around in the rocket builders forum to find a thread worth showcasing but the writers of these already have to sift around so a little extra work wouldn't be out of reach. :)

Thanks for listening to this idea. I love this thread and it needs to grow as big as it can! :D

YargJay9991

EDIT: Hey ghostbuzzer7, the link to the B-24 Liberator goes to the T-14 Armata instead :)

I'm going to be the first guy saying this (apparently I'm not), and maybe I shouldn't, but I posted my Javelin quite some time ago. Not that I have a problem being among such distinguished gentlekerbs! :) The one that slipped through the cracks this week (I posted it last friday) is the Trident which, apparently looks a tad too simple to generate much response. Or maybe I have bad timing. In any case, I'm not complaining that I got to be in my second SCF, even if it was a bit of a cheat. :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Rune. The pic you chose for me is one of my all-time favourite screenies.

Rune, you didn't notice one "easter egg" at the end which I may have borrowed from one of your posts

YargJay9991

The thing I like the most about it is how it is so informal, there are no real rules. So when you do one, feel free to earn the temporal ire of somebody for showcasing a rocket builder or whatever. If it's a good idea, someone else will pick up on it, like my BBCode style (I'm loving the quote inside the description, BTW, nice idea Ghost), and your responsibility for anybody that feels left out or whatever will be minimal by next week. I predict in the next month, we will have at least one Spacecraft Friday posted on Saturday or something like that. :sticktongue:

Rune. Run to put your name on the list!

- - - Updated - - -

Rune, you didn't notice one "easter egg" at the end which I may have borrowed from one of your posts

The slow clap? I thought that was funny. :) What I have no idea how you did is the box-less quote at the beginning.

The thing I like the most about it is how it is so informal, there are no real rules. So when you do one, feel free to earn the temporal ire of somebody for showcasing a rocket builder or whatever. If it's a good idea, someone else will pick up on it, like my BBCode style (I'm loving the quote inside the description, BTW, nice idea Ghost), and your responsibility for anybody that feels left out or whatever will be minimal by next week. I predict in the next month, we will have at least one Spacecraft Friday posted on Saturday or something like that. :sticktongue:

True, I like the informal thing about it too. Hopefully I can do one sometime! :) My idea was to help showcase craft that aren't on the Spacecraft Exchange but are in the rocket builders. But having all of these Spacecraft Friday threads is really cool!

Thanks

YargJay9991

PS Three New replica aircraft on my company thread. Link in sig so check it out! :P (#badadvertising) sorry...

I hope not! I uploaded that eight months ago! Plus, version 1+ broke it. Sorry if I seemed a little too pedantic, I was under the impression it was for that week only.

Then I guess it was a good choice to not make the cut even though I didn't look at the the dates :). Either way Im sure you would've told me if it was on the thread.

Hey I can be the next maintainer if you guys like.

I think you should since you got the vote count to do so in which may or may not be my vote :)

Bad selection

Too many good crafts ignored while highlighting old/mundane ones for no reason

I think people with this few experience of the game aren't suited for sc fridays

Edited by RevanCorana

Bad selection

I think people with this few experience of the game aren't suited for sc fridays

What's an example of a "good craft" to you?

And this is purely based on opinion. Just because you thought a ship was good and it wasn't featured by someone doesn't mean he's "inexperienced."

Bad selection

Each to their own, maintainer changes weekly so you might find something that fits your taste next week.

Bad selection

Im sorry you had to push say this in such a harsh way. As Yukon and Columbia said, its entirely based on my opinion. My opinion was, these crafts didn't make much attention for their time being within the 4 pages. I feel as though im being tainted for my decisions (probably just because of my reputation) although I was allowed to right to be as stated here: Im sorry you didn't find my selections to be good. ;.;

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Mad Rocket Scientist viewpost-right.png

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I was not elected, I just decided to do it. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no non-subjective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

Each to their own, maintainer changes weekly so you might find something that fits your taste next week.

Hear hear! Dissing someone for taking the time to do this because he is a great guy and wants to entertain us, free of charge, is pretty useless. First, he actually lost his time for something nobody is giving him anything for, and nobody forces on anyone, and any criticism for that would be extremely bad manners where I come from. But perhaps more importantly regardless of your morals, it doesn't really matter because next week it won't be him that does it.

Rune. See? We have the perfect comeback! He really won't be doing it again any time soon! :sticktongue:

Nice work! I will make the BBCode for the quote prepared for next time.

I will put you on the list.

I still would like to do it one week, but it doesn't necessarily have to be next week. Are we doing another vote or is there a queue for maintainers?

I still would like to do it one week, but it doesn't necessarily have to be next week. Are we doing another vote or is there a queue for maintainers?

I am also, depending on how things go irl next week (starting new school) likely to have time to do a week whenever is needed.

The original point of Spacecraft Fridays was to highlight the SF maintainers opinion of craft they liked that were created that week OR were referenced that week. It is entirely subjective, and therefore there is no bad, or no correct. It has nothing to do with experience or the best craft, I know we all like a bit of competition and we see an opportunity to 'win' at SF Fridays, but that was not the original intent of SF.

In that light GhostBuzzers list was entirely consistent. Hopefully, people read the blurb more thoroughly in the future and we can avoid any unnecessary nastiness.

Ghost thanks for mentioning my craft! :) still i dont think it deserved so much attention (it is awesome on looks i know XD) because it is a simple plane after all, done in just 2 lucky hours of ispiration, but still thanks :)

Thanks for featuring my humble house. I might be merely mediocre at constructing aircraft that work but thankfully I found a new niche in the Kerbal Everyday Program :)

Now, onwards to furnish it! And move it somewhere!

ps. I love the variety of the craft featured on this and earlier SF threads! Anyone who doesn't 'get' the selection well, there's room for one or two other themed weekly showcases featuring specific preferences for performance or aesthetics...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.