[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Do you have any plans to do a Rosetta/Philae probe? I know we have no comets to chase yet but it'd be a pretty awesome probe package for small moons and such :)

Rosetta Philae will be in the next release. Probably with surveyor if everything goes well.

new horizons replica next?

I don't know if new horizons will be added because it's very similar to other probes allready done. May be you could build it when I'll add separate parts for building your own probes.

Could you add the Vulcain 1B engine for Ariane 5 while you're at it? It was the G+ version that launched the Rosetta, while your Ariane 5 is the ES version.

I know this seems sort of selfish to point out, but with all the cool probes you have built, have you ever contemplated Gallilao (spelling might be wrong) since it was the first major jupiter mission and had the decent probe, which would be pretty cool in my opinion.

I know this seems sort of selfish to point out, but with all the cool probes you have built, have you ever contemplated Gallilao (spelling might be wrong) since it was the first major jupiter mission and had the decent probe, which would be pretty cool in my opinion.

It's spelled Galileo, so you were close. And Galileo looks very similar to Voyager and Cassini, so that probably would be a no-go. But I could be wrong, it's not my call.

I'm going to try now, there's no plugin dependencies in the Landers and Probes (the part I'm wanting atm) that I've found to be conflicting, so I have high hopes. Nothing solid yet.

any info on this mod on 0.24

Eveything should work fine as 0.24 changes only a few things. Just need to check to be sure.

It works, but it is highly unbalanced (for example, Kerbnik really should be at start node)

You're right, I need to balance it. I'm open to any suggestions.

You're right, I need to balance it. I'm open to any suggestions.

I suggest chronological approach:

Kerbnik - Basic Rocketry (tier 2)

Munar Orbiter - Flight Control (tier 4)

Evera - Space Exploration (tier 5)

Valkyrie, Hermes - Unmanned Tech (tier 7)

Zeus, Thor, Atlas - Advanced Unmanned Tech (tier 8)

Kerbnik should be at "start", so that it can be the first thing you send into space. The other suggestions are good. I'd also add Prometheus and Pandora (from the rover pack). Prometheus into Unmanned Tech and Pandora into Advanced Unmanned Tech.

Pathfinder (once you get around to making it) should be in Space Exploration, and Surveyor in Flight Control. Rosetta should probably go to Unmanned Tech as well.

I'm surprise that nobody notices yet the Easter Egg hidden in Probes and landers pack.

The winner could choose with me the name of the next LH probe (rosetta replica) and participate to the design of the logo.

1st hint: antennas

Edited by Yogui87

Hey Yogui, I keep having a problem with your Pandora DSL. The heat shield keeps breaking off and flying away. Know anything that might be causing this? Or does your pack just not like me?

Also, is the easter egg the Evera satellite dish being striped?

Edited by GoldForest

the link isn't SUPOSE to work. just hover over it. and see where it would go.

it is a poor forums "spoiler" tag. it is enough information to let Yogui87 know that I found the Easter Egg.

With out actually ruining it for everyone else.

Edited by Fyrem

Just fyi I don't know if you know this but according to Frizznak it takes 24 hours for mods to be updated on Curse. According to curse it says you haven't updated wither any of the mods since June. So I recommend Kerbal Stuff for immediate uploads or any of the other usual suspects i.e github, mega, or dropbox. Unless you haven't changed the mods and they work fine in .24, and I will shutup.

If I knew how to do spoiler tags I would.. but all I can do is to hide it in a url tag.

Hover over to see Easter Egg

Spolier

23h and you find the easter egg. Let's see if someone else could find it. I'll PM you for your price^^.

Just fyi I don't know if you know this but according to Frizznak it takes 24 hours for mods to be updated on Curse. According to curse it says you haven't updated wither any of the mods since June. So I recommend Kerbal Stuff for immediate uploads or any of the other usual suspects i.e github, mega, or dropbox. Unless you haven't changed the mods and they work fine in .24, and I will shutup.

All my mods seem to work fine witth 0.24. I'll make new updates when I comeback.

Go with kerbal stuff players can follow your mod and be notified of updates it's nice and simple

I'll have a look to this site.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.