Will future versions permit the quest for Life?

I did a search on the forums for "search for Life", and came up with no direct hits, though I can't believe this has not been addressed before.

One of the main drivers for NASA presently is to discover either Life directly or environments that could logically support microbial life. Will KSP in the future have Experiments and Science "flavor text" to discover such things? Such a discovery would be tremendous, and should open the classic "over-stuffed closet door" of contracts as company's and entities rush to learn-of/profit-from such a find.

OMG don't tell me the goo and science junior isn't generally accepted science???

The materials study I find more plausible, but the goo is just ridiculous. This is a good point, why don't we have better stock science experiments?

I did a search on the forums for "search for Life", and came up with no direct hits, though I can't believe this has not been addressed before.

One of the main drivers for NASA presently is to discover either Life directly or environments that could logically support microbial life. Will KSP in the future have Experiments and Science "flavor text" to discover such things? Such a discovery would be tremendous, and should open the classic "over-stuffed closet door" of contracts as company's and entities rush to learn-of/profit-from such a find.

Sadly not... Since squad seems to think that we the players should decide the history of the planets in the kerbal system, so they stay away from life and keep the science very vague.

To me that makes science pretty much uselss as it is all the same vague biomes on any planet where you learn nothing interesting.

I want science/career mode to teach me more about the history of the solar system as well as having some rare hidden biomes like for example microbal life for us to find.

Sadly not... Since squad seems to think that we the players should decide the history of the planets in the kerbal system, so they stay away from life and keep the science very vague.

To me that makes science pretty much uselss as it is all the same vague biomes on any planet where you learn nothing interesting.

I want science/career mode to teach me more about the history of the solar system as well as having some rare hidden biomes like for example microbal life for us to find.

I hadn't thought about it this way, but I agree. Let people decide the history of their space program, since it's something that actually IS affected by the way you do things. The planets are not.

Would be great to have another star / system to explore, imagine a kerbal landing on real earth with real humans, your ship better bring weapons, as humans are extremely hostile creatures. Or as a cross-over, Perhaps a warp-drive failure would land you on planet Voxel, and you have to rescue Steve.

There's gotta be something like life on Laythe. Can non-biological chemical processes sustain an atmosphere with that much oxygen?
This! It is pretty obvious that Laythe has bacterial life in the ocean. Maybe, some primitive algae, etc., like Archean Earth, with barren and lifeless continents.

I would LOVE to see mods bringing in planets (or derelict ships) from other sci-fi settings.

I've always dreamed that SQUAD would put in a Voyager probe as an Easter egg, complete with golden phonograph record etc. Of course in my Kerbalverse the probe would be sentient and Val would end up with her head shaved, but still...

I've always dreamed that SQUAD would put in a Voyager probe as an Easter egg, complete with golden phonograph record etc. Of course in my Kerbalverse the probe would be sentient and Val would end up with her head shaved, but still...

A voyager probe? That would be so epic! There could be a contract asking you to grab it and retrieve it to Kerbin, for further experiments!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.